The Resetting Thread

I didn't realize this was such a debated thing. I recently reset, because there was no new E3 announcement and I just wanted to start an Animal Crossing game fresh. I certainly feel guilty about leaving the villagers I grew attached to, but I like experiencing the game in different ways, and having all new people etc.
My town was bought for 17 million :O I wish you didn't have to take the money though, because I wanted to start over with nothing.

I didn't realize this was such a debated thing. I recently reset, because there was no new E3 announcement and I just wanted to start an Animal Crossing game fresh. I certainly feel guilty about leaving the villagers I grew attached to, but I like experiencing the game in different ways, and having all new people etc.
My town was bought for 17 million :O I wish you didn't have to take the money though, because I wanted to start over with nothing.

You can start with nothing! After telling Isabelle to Recreate the town, she gives two options: to start a new town now or to take a break.
The first option leads to Tom Nook and the town appraisal.
The second option just wipes the town completely and you can start all over with nothing :)

Hope this helps!

I'm so annoyed. I think this is the best thread for my resetting woes.

I wanted to reset but I don't quite have enough days played to have a big enough tree to sell the town but I was like, that's cool, I'll just download the digital version and make a town on that to hold my stuff, then I can use my old 3DS with my physical copy to transfer everything over temporarily until I've reset and then take it all back and delete the digital copy off of my system since I really don't want to deal with 2 copies of the game at once.

So I went to do the thing, except my old 3DS doesn't have an SD card in it anymore since I put it in my even older 3DS (that was somehow in better condition) that I hacked and sold to a guy on Facebook like 6 months ago. I can't play the game without updating the nonexistent SD card to Welcome Amiibo (which I can't do for obvious reasons) or updating the system itself which I don't wanna do without hacking it beforehand, which I need an SD card for.

The worst thing? I have a spare microSD but since I lost my SD adapter I can't just put that in there and use it as an SD card. GRRRRRRR-

My little sister won't let me borrow her 3DS to do the thing, out of no other reason than pure spite, and whenever I ask she acts so incredibly condescending that if she wasn't way taller than me I'd actually punch her. Like we are seriously talking next-level condescending here.

I'm too broke to buy a new SD card and I've looked everywhere for my old adapter which I still can't find. My current options include waiting 2 months to borrow my boyfriend's 3DS, or hoping I can steal my uncle's SD adapter when I see him on Sunday and use that one instead.

This is turning out to be such a hassle. :/

As a person with 2 towns, my 2nd town being an amazing layout that fits all of the criteria I wanted, if anyone struggles finding a new map, keep at it.

It's really worth it in the end and honestly it's better to have a town that doesn't have something permanent bug you than to stop resetting because it was getting tiring—now I regret not resetting more in my first town!

After 2 hours of map resetting (I can't believe you have to go through the town appraisal Every. Single. Time.) I finally found a map that I love! It doesn't have too many ponds, the town hall is close to the plaza (which isn't shoved up in a corner), the campground is far enough away I can stick a campsite near it, and Re-tail has enough space for a coffee shop next to it. It even has apples as the town fruit, which was my most important criteria due to the town theme.
newtown.jpg

EDIT: Although there is a rather frustrating rock plonked in the place that would be perfect for my mayor's house...I might place it a bit to the left of the area and then hack it over a few squares later because it's just too good of a spot for me to not put my house there...

Last edited:
I haven't been into animal crossing too much lately, and i feel a restart to my town is needed, so should I do it? It'd help me get back into animal crossing and i have been contemplating if i should do it.

Thanks

I haven't been into animal crossing too much lately, and i feel a restart to my town is needed, so should I do it? It'd help me get back into animal crossing and i have been contemplating if i should do it.

Thanks

A restart is usually what people need to get back into a game like this if they've grown bored of it. If you're far enough in your town, you might be able to sell your town to Tom Nook for a few bells to start over in your new town.

I feel like resetting again, lol I just can't be satisfied with maps I get...

The map I have is excellent.

qi7pOQP.jpg

However, I can't stand the Perfect Pears, I wish I had Perfect Apples or Cherries. Even Peaches would be Nice.

I'll probably keep this Map but... it's kinda making me feel wacky because of the Pears.

EDIT: nvm I decided to keep them Pears lol they look Pearfect.

Last edited:
For people still hesitating.

As a fresh new player recently introduced to the series, and after two weeks feeling attached to my very first town, I decided it was time to go for a reset.

4 hours of reset struggling got me into this :

Screennn.jpg

I do not want to have too much of big areas as I don't feel good in them. I just hope no villagers will end up in the red rectangle, as I planned to make a somewhat closed garden there, which leads to the beach.

Anyway, I regret nothing ! (Maybe Yuka and Nibbles a little bit but I'll be fine :p)

Last edited:

As a fresh new player recently introduced to the series, and after two weeks feeling attached to my very first town, I decided it was time to go for a reset.

View attachment 205030

I do not want to have too much of big areas as I don't feel good in them. I just hope no villagers will end up in the red rectangle, as I planned to make a somewhat closed garden there, which leads to the beach.

Anyway, I regret nothing ! (Maybe Yuka and Nibbles a little bit but I'll be fine :p)

Make sure to put paths down in the red rectangle to prevent random move ins if you want to keep that area private.
It looks like a lovely map. The ponds seem out of the way which is nice. Congratulations!

View attachment 205030

Oh hey, I have an almost identical map but flipped the opposite way around! I was also resetting in order to have peaches as my town fruit so I could have row upon row of golden butts.

Although I wish I didn't have the world's ugliest villagers. 2 mice and 2 kangaroos!

Make sure to put paths down in the red rectangle to prevent random move ins if you want to keep that area private.
It looks like a lovely map. The ponds seem out of the way which is nice. Congratulations!

Thanks !

Now I let you guess, as I forgot to put paths down, what happened the next day.. :( Lol but it's fine, a friend of mine has lots of Amiibo cards I'm gonna play with. ^^

Oh hey, I have an almost identical map but flipped the opposite way around! I was also resetting in order to have peaches as my town fruit so I could have row upon row of golden butts.

Although I wish I didn't have the world's ugliest villagers. 2 mice and 2 kangaroos!

Haha, Golden butts are definitely a dream to achieve in this game :cool:

Like you, I also have an "ugly villagers issue", but I don't care too much about it, as I know how to get rid of them. (Now I sound like a tyrant)

May we see your layout ?

Last edited:
After having Westwind since 14 June (which feels like so long!) I think I'm going to let go of this town today, mainly because Robin moved in from my other town and messed things up.

But it's not just that, I've been so bothered by the town tree placement and my character's face so I think I'm just going to go ahead and change.
I'm hoping in my new town I'll get the river shape I've always wanted, cherries, and circle grass. I'd be fine with square too though, I want to try something new.

I love my Westport town, so hopefully I get the other layout I've been wanting.

I made a thread about resetting before I saw this, oops :/

Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to reset my town. I'm 8 days in, and didn't unlock any MAJOR things (except Leif's store but I can just look up how to get it back) and maybe if I reset I'll get lucky and maybe find one of my dreamies! I didn't like my new villagers AT ALL, because I was so used to the ones I had gotten back when I first got the game in 2013.

Wish me luck! (And sorry if you see my thread about resetting, I honestly didn't see this thread when I posted it)

I made a thread about resetting before I saw this, oops :/

Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to reset my town. I'm 8 days in, and didn't unlock any MAJOR things (except Leif's store but I can just look up how to get it back) and maybe if I reset I'll get lucky and maybe find one of my dreamies! I didn't like my new villagers AT ALL, because I was so used to the ones I had gotten back when I first got the game in 2013.

Wish me luck! (And sorry if you see my thread about resetting, I honestly didn't see this thread when I posted it)

Good luck! it feels refreshing to start a new town, so I hope you find everything you need very early on! c:

Back