• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

Sigh. Time to reset. I just can't stick with this HORRIBLE town layout any longer! I've been frustrated over it since picking the game up again...

My list of wants:

• Peaches as my native fruit - I have something of a record of getting them every single time I start a new town, and I want to keep that going.
    South-facing waterfall. It?s the little things.
    Villagers all clumped together if possible. I want a nice residential area, and then I can spread things outwards from there.
    Re-Tail near the sea. It?s so far away in current Harmony?
    Villagers: Mint, Julian, Molly, Marshall, Katt, Muffy, or just generally anything cute or pretty.

Let's begin!

I reset a week ago and I found a cute map in which the river was shaped kind of like a shoe but now things are starting to bug me about this map and the things that are bugging me now are going to end up being a big problem later so I think I might reset again. I'm not that far into my game.

I don't get why people would reset, Animal Crossing is your life basically, I would only reset if I cheated (time travel or something)

I've owned this game since 2013 and I built up my town and almost maxed out my house. I absolutely LOVED my town and played almost everyday for a long time. After awhile (just like when I played the original as a kid) I got bored of it, and I would play off and on for months. My favorite villager of all time Julian had lived in my town since the start and he lived right next to my house, I ADORED him so much. During one of the months I wasn't playing he moved out of my town without me even knowing, and when I came back I was devastated. This made me even less interested in picking it up and playing again. So after a few months when I saw the update (Daily initiatives, and selling your town) I decided I would give it another go.

I had my friend help me and I transferred all my favorite furniture sets and clothing to my new town and started a fresh place. Gave my town a new name that I liked and gave my character a new name, I got to start over and has as much fun building up another great town.

I can see why some people wouldn't want to restart but personally for me I just felt like it was time for a fresh start.

I'm literally 100% cool with my town layout, but I hate the town name and my mayor's name/face. It's so irritating that I kind of want to reset. I don't have any of my dreamies or anything yet anyway, and I guess I could stash all my stuff in my friend's town, but the thought of starting all the progress toward shops and stuff all over again makes me hesitant. Especially since I tend to reset once something starts bugging me or I want a change of pace. @_@ I think I've reset three or four times now.

I'm alright with my town layout, and with all my houses, the only problem is... I still want to reset.

I love all my villagers, and I have all my dreamies, but I wanna reset for a couple of reasons:

1. I hate my house placements
2. I hate my map so much
3. I don't like where the plaza is (way too far from town hall and retail AND the train station in my opinion.
4. I messed up the first time and am super fickle minded with my landscaping that I got too much flowers and now I can't get rid of any of them T T

I'm really sad if I'd have to lose all my furniture, the money I spent in my houses, and all.

I'm alright with my town layout, and with all my houses, the only problem is... I still want to reset.

I love all my villagers, and I have all my dreamies, but I wanna reset for a couple of reasons:

1. I hate my house placements
2. I hate my map so much
3. I don't like where the plaza is (way too far from town hall and retail AND the train station in my opinion.
4. I messed up the first time and am super fickle minded with my landscaping that I got too much flowers and now I can't get rid of any of them T T

I'm really sad if I'd have to lose all my furniture, the money I spent in my houses, and all.

If the only thing holding you back is your possessions, you could get someone to hold you're stuff while you reset? If you're thinking of resetting, just think about whether the pros outweigh the cons or vise versa.

If the only thing holding you back is your possessions, you could get someone to hold you're stuff while you reset? If you're thinking of resetting, just think about whether the pros outweigh the cons or vise versa.

yup! i decided to reset. i'm selling off everything i don't need now and i just need to find someone to hold my stuff ; u ;

I once resetted because of a rock in feont of ym house that was ruining the view. It was my first town though, I was only nine.

I'm thinking about resetting because it's been months since I've played and I can't remember what I was even doing with my town. I can't decide if I want to keep my catalog though. Nothing super impressive, but if I sell my town it's worth an extra 3.5 million bells. :confused:

Edit: When I'm going through the dialogue to sell my town and restart, at what point does it save? I've totally forgotten. I want to be able to check my grass and fruit types before I fully commit to starting a new town, and would hate to mess up and lose the money from selling my old town...eek!

Last edited:
I don't get why people would reset, Animal Crossing is your life basically, I would only reset if I cheated (time travel or something)

I time traveled and now i wish i didn't. :(
~~~~~
I think I'm going to reset later and make myself vow to never time travel unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about resetting because it's been months since I've played and I can't remember what I was even doing with my town. I can't decide if I want to keep my catalog though. Nothing super impressive, but if I sell my town it's worth an extra 3.5 million bells. :confused:

Edit: When I'm going through the dialogue to sell my town and restart, at what point does it save? I've totally forgotten. I want to be able to check my grass and fruit types before I fully commit to starting a new town, and would hate to mess up and lose the money from selling my old town...eek!

when isabelle saves your progress after you've chosen a house plot

I have 2 copies of acnl , one i started a few weeks after the acnl release ( i believe 2013 ) and one i bought in about 2015 maybe because i thought i lost my original copy ( i have since found it lol ).

I resetted my original town after the welcome amiibo update so tom nook offered me a hefty amount for town ( 999,999,999 bells to be exact ! ). I didnt really like my original town anyways because its paths were sloppy, there were weeds everywhere, i had basically abandoned it.

I believe resetting was the best decision ive ever made haha. im still building up my catalogue and museum , but taking time to care for this new town better than my original town has motivated me to keep playing.

I think resetting is kinda cleansing you know ? Starting over feels like a breath of fresh air for me at least

Last edited:
I am thinking about resetting (again xD)

This town was started in May 2017, and I still like the layout of it in general.

However, the train station roof is green (and I highyly prefer brown or red) and it's bothering me more and more.

Plus, I have time travelled some, while I promised myself that with this town it wouldn't happen... Now I feel like a cheat when I walk around town xD

I will think about it, already checked with Tom Nook, he'll buy my town for 9 mil.

I recently reset my town because I hadn't played in years and there was so much that would have been needed to be done to get everything right on track again. Also my town layout wasn't the best....

I'm somewhat happy with my new town layout, as well as the chance to start over again with pwp and patterns and gardening. I also have some of the amiibo cards now so I can get my dream villagers right away instead of waiting or cycling.

Back