The Resetting Thread

I'm thinking of resetting my town. I've been playing for a couple weeks now. I've managed to unlock the third T&T mart, Shampoodle, Kicks, etc. Which seemed like it took forever. But I absolutely hate my town layout and where I put my house. I put it next to the cliff near the ocean which makes it impossible to make paths and flowers look the way I want, and in addition villagers keep building right dead in front of my house. As soon as I got the first villager out another moved in. I even found an amazing spot I wished I had put my house in my town which has made it worse. The only thing I'm upset about losing is my villager Keaton and the progress with my character.

I don't generally vote in favor of resetting, but if you're that close to the start and you're already unhappy with your town, just start over. Another week or two of gameplay is nothing compared to the months or years of work that you might put into this town. It will be hard for you to have fun if you're always thinking about what you wish you'd done differently and how you should have changed it when you had the chance.

I'm thinking of resetting my town. I've been playing for a couple weeks now. I've managed to unlock the third T&T mart, Shampoodle, Kicks, etc. Which seemed like it took forever. But I absolutely hate my town layout and where I put my house. I put it next to the cliff near the ocean which makes it impossible to make paths and flowers look the way I want, and in addition villagers keep building right dead in front of my house. As soon as I got the first villager out another moved in. I even found an amazing spot I wished I had put my house in my town which has made it worse. The only thing I'm upset about losing is my villager Keaton and the progress with my character.

i'd recommend resetting your town if you're a couple of weeks in, it's not worth the hassle of battling around it for a few weeks work.

I've been having trouble getting back into the game.. Maybe I should just wait for the next AC game to come out?
Plot resetting is such a boring, unpredictable slog that I hope they fix in the next game >_<
I've got a new town now that I'm not plot resetting in but I'm struggling to play for more than 10 minutes everyday, if I even remember to. Feels like it's taking longer to unlock stuff. My houses are a mess.
It's a shame because I used to find this game really fun. I guess I just need to find a different way to enjoy it, or quit all together.

Last edited:
i'm resetting:
I'm not afraid to time travel, so would it be considered... weird? to wind the clock back a few months/a year (so the TPC shows it to start) and then play a speed day by day? I've been playing AC:NL since the start so I don't believe I'd be missing anything. Do people look at someone's TPC and judge them off how long they've been playing?

Last edited:
I've been playing since late December and often think about resetting my town. I'm not entirely happy with my town name, map and permanent PWPs - there's a lot I'd do differently!

The only thing holding me back is the thought of loosing my favourite furniture, silver/golden tools and hybrids. I know a lot of people will arrange for another player to hold their items while they reset, and I have some questions about the etiquette surrounding this.

- What is considered a reasonable amount of items to ask someone to hold?
- Other than fish and bugs, is there anything that can't be transferred from player to player?

Thanks in advance!

I've been playing since late December and often think about resetting my town. I'm not entirely happy with my town name, map and permanent PWPs - there's a lot I'd do differently!

The only thing holding me back is the thought of loosing my favourite furniture, silver/golden tools and hybrids. I know a lot of people will arrange for another player to hold their items while they reset, and I have some questions about the etiquette surrounding this.

- What is considered a reasonable amount of items to ask someone to hold?
- Other than fish and bugs, is there anything that can't be transferred from player to player?

Thanks in advance!
Hello!

1. Number of items doesn't matter....however, it would probably be better to let someone hold a few items, the items you enjoy the most.
2.Let's see...
  • Mannequins
  • PWP requests
  • Catalog
That's all I could think of...

i think both of these now can be transferred by selling your town to nook idk mayb

Being able to keep my catalog would definitely reduce the number of items I'd need to transfer! I can't go back to holding that standard watering can now :p

I think I'll follow this guide to see if my town can be sold to Tom and go from there.

i just reset my hardcopy and I'm actually really happy! I managed to get peaches (favorite fruit) and 4/5 villagers I adore :D only after four resets (Diana, Dotty, Walker and Leonardo!)

I haven't played ACNL for a good while. I just decided to restart my 2nd town as a means of a game to dissapear into and help me relax. Right now I'm currently on the hunt for a new town - one with a horizontal river running from left to right, a town hall close to the events plaza, and apples as my native fruit. Wish me luck on my resetting journey. I have a feeling Rover and I are going to be besties before I can find a place I like. (;

I haven't played ACNL for a good while. I just decided to restart my 2nd town as a means of a game to dissapear into and help me relax. Right now I'm currently on the hunt for a new town - one with a horizontal river running from left to right, a town hall close to the events plaza, and apples as my native fruit. Wish me luck on my resetting journey. I have a feeling Rover and I are going to be besties before I can find a place I like. (;

Good luck!

I wish I had the patience to reset because I know that's how players get beautiful maps and move their villagers into the right place. But wow... it takes time!

Good luck!

I wish I had the patience to reset because I know that's how players get beautiful maps and move their villagers into the right place. But wow... it takes time!

Thanks! After almost 24 hours of resetting, I couldn't really take any more lol. I settled for a town with a pretty much vertical river (but I guess it's OK because the waterfall is actually really pretty to be honest), my event plaza is right across the river from the town hall and Re-Tail, so I'm sure I can lay down a pretty much straight path to all three, and I got apples. So, I'm going to challenge myself to not change this town for an entire year, and see if I even want to reset again after that year's time.

Thanks! After almost 24 hours of resetting, I couldn't really take any more lol. I settled for a town with a pretty much vertical river (but I guess it's OK because the waterfall is actually really pretty to be honest), my event plaza is right across the river from the town hall and Re-Tail, so I'm sure I can lay down a pretty much straight path to all three, and I got apples. So, I'm going to challenge myself to not change this town for an entire year, and see if I even want to reset again after that year's time.

a full year is nothing for me lmao

I've decided to reset my main town. Currently I'm gathering things I don't want to sell, with the plans to hold them in my second town.

Only thing I'm unsure of is, it worth the hassle of moving all my flowers and clovers?

Last edited:
I've decided to reset my main town. Currently I'm gathering things I don't want to sell, with the plans to hold them in my second town.

Only thing I'm unsure of is, it worth the hassle of moving all my flowers and clovers?

move enough to have a crossbreeding set up, but not clovers.

I really thought I would sell my town but now I'm hesitating again. I used to dislike my town map but I start to think it's not that bad, at least I should give a try to make it more enjoyable (paths, trees etc).

I love a lot most of my villagers, their houses spot are not too annoying and I like having pears as my native fruit. Now if I try to reset I wouldn't be even sure about the new layout, I'm still fairly new about decoration and composition. I would also feel weird about retaking my dream villagers, erasing their memories and starting from zero with them... i shouldn't see too much with a game but I still consider that a lot ahah...:(

I probably should check the layout thread to spot people who have the same as me and check their dream codes to see how they managed with that.

But I would LOVE a better waterfall position, I actually "reseted" my game two days after playing it for the first time because I regretted my face choice, and I remember the waterfall from the west was beautiful.

--- UPDATE ---

This is is! I resetted. Much better and I feel my town fresh again! It took some days tho.

Last edited:
I've been playing for a few years and I never liked my mayor's house placement as well as a couple of my villagers' house placements too (not too fond of my town layout either, but I can live with it). I don't mind working my way up to unlock upgrades again and I can probably get a friend to hold onto my items/bells.

The only thing stopping me from resetting is my villagers. I'm attached to most of my villagers so I don't know if it's worth losing them T_T

I've been playing for a few years and I never liked my mayor's house placement as well as a couple of my villagers' house placements too (not too fond of my town layout either, but I can live with it). I don't mind working my way up to unlock upgrades again and I can probably get a friend to hold onto my items/bells.

The only thing stopping me from resetting is my villagers. I'm attached to most of my villagers so I don't know if it's worth losing them T_T

it's more fun with new villagers! if you're not happy with something unchangeable like a mayor's house, delete the town b

Back