The Resetting Thread

Can you map reset once you sell your town or are you stuck with the choice of 4?

To answer your question - you can talk to Nook - go through the entire selling process - and then it will take you to Rover and he will offer the 4 towns.

It will not save until you plot a new house and save with Isabelle!

Don't like the maps? Close the game, you're back in your old town, talk to Nook again, go through the selling process again.
Rinse and repeat until you like your map!

---
I know how scary and stressful selling your town can be. It takes awhile to find a map sometimes and this selling process takes a few more minutes - but I can say that it works!

Good luck to anyone resetting!

Hi, I'm a lurker. Recently I haven't been happy with any of my old towns and I've reset multiple times already. I'm doing it again but this time I'm gonna have super high standards. I felt like the fresh start would be a good time to join the forums.

Here's my wishlist;
-Square or triangle grass
-Cherries/pears are preferred but honestly any fruit is okay
-Blue town hall
-Blue train station
-Cliff on the left, beach on the right
-Museum on the left
-No ponds or rocks obstructing anywhere important
-A big open space for houses to be placed
-Decent starting villagers. I want Lobo as a starter again but that's not gonna happen :'(
-Re-tail & town hall lined up or just not on top of eachother

I know it's super specific and I'm not gonna be able to get everything I want but I really wanna try to be as picky as I can so I won't reset when I've made good progress. I've done it multiple times now and it's really frustrating cos I just wanna play.

I'll update if I find something. Good luck to everyone else resetting for the perfect town.

Looking at my last post here it's taken about a month but I've finally found a town map I like and created my new town!

99RJ4Z8.jpg

Not my first choice of grass or fruit (square/orange) but everything else is exactly what I wanted: central(ish) town tree, re-tail close to the dock, southern-facing waterfall, only one pond, quiet/private place near the waterfall to place my house.

As a bonus, my town hall is green/white and my train station is brown/yellow! I was hoping for green on both, but 1/2 is still good - especially since the other wasn't red!

Ughh, I haven't been happy with any map I've tried so far. Just reset another town, gonna be hunting for maps again.

My wishlist:
Blue town hall & blue train station (these don't matter too much cause they can be changed later)
Triangle grass
Oranges, pears, or cherries
Beach on right side, museum on left
A big space that will fit a bunch of villager's plots into one area
No rocks/ponds in the way
A good structure for path laying
Re-tail and town hall towards the top, preferably lined up

I'm so picky.. this isn't fun at all. ;_;

Good luck to everyone else looking for their dream map.

Last edited:
finally decided on a town name to reset my friends old game with, and when i got to the appraisal screen i found out his town is only worth 13 million :( like, it's probably enough for me to start out but my main town is worth 32 million so i can't help but feel a little annoyed :u

now to reset until i get a good map and fruit!

I've been mulling over resetting for about a week now and I think I'm going to do it. I mean I'm not really feeling my town anymore. And I don't think I'm going to plot reset anymore either, choosing to just put QRs down where I don't want villagers to move and just let them move where they choose and work around their houses. I've seen a lot of dream towns where villagers were placed all over town instead of in neighborhoods and the person managed to make it work, and I liked that, more than I do forcing them to live in clusters in one part of town.

So I'm resetting again. I'm surprised my town's worth as much as it is, its almost 33m after the installment payments.

I'm so mad I didn't sell my town last time I reset, now haha.

Last edited:
I haven't reset my main town, but I homebrewed a second save file onto my SD card and demolished that. So... yay.

- Town was worth 19 million. Will be worth 21 or 22 million after installments.
- I reset a couple times and settled on this map...
ADhcwLp.jpg

I think I'll go for a more modern feel in this town called Seoul (keeping a theme with cities/districts of South Korea). The only complaints I have is...
- Violet. I don't like the aesthetics of the Gorilla villagers, I'm sorry. T_T I can tolerate her (like I tolerate Peewee in Damyang), but I won't be sad when she leaves.
- Deena's house is a little too close to Re-tail, etc. but I won't mind having her as a neighbor (I was gonna move on the northwest).
- All. These. Ponds. A couple of these ponds have to go and I'm willing to hack them out.

It's nighttime (about 11PM), but my grass appears to be square and my native fruit is apples.

I found a map I really liked, mapped it out and everything, but decided against it. The plaza and town hall being JUST offcenter bothered me too much, and the area around retail was awkward. I also wanted a vertical dock ramp...

IMG_0281.jpg

DIpkSZ0UwAI0qaE.jpg:large

Ok, so.. I really like this one. I gotta stick with it this time, no matter what. ):< I really want to finally play and stop stressing over my map. It's getting super ridiculous.
It has everything I want, and I didn't even need to hack anything other than removing a pond. :cool:

>Apples
>Matching blue train station and town hall (!!!)
>Triangle grass
>Quillson is moving in randomly and he's my baby
>Nice, simple river shape. It doesn't take up much room and doesn't look ridiculous
>Private island-ish area for my home
>I like where town hall and re-tail are, but I would prefer if they were switched tbh
>Camp is on the left side/beach is on the right

The only thing that bothers me is the bridge. It's so random that it's sideways and not straight. It makes sense when they're on the corners of the rivers but it's just weird that it could've been straight but it's sideways. Lol idk not that it matters because I'll just remove it soon

(rip Miiverse, you're the only way I can take map photos and I won't be able to soon :( another reason why I gotta stick with this one)

I am feeling the itch to reset SO MUCH. I am just having a bit of trouble letting go of all of the accomplishments I've made. Almost donated EVERYTHING to the museum. Just finally unlocked T&T Emporium. And of course... my hybrid... which I could totally find someone to hold them while I change, buuuut I have a hard time trusting people sometimes.

I've been thinking of buying a second copy of the game to help, but it's still those achievements that keep my... not wanting to do it. UGH. Halp! Halp!

If you've been thinking of buying a second copy of the game, maybe it's a good time to do it?
At least you won't have to lose anything you have done, you get to keep every accomplishment and also to start over with a new town. Honestly I think it's nice to have several copies as you can play "casual" on one, really work on the other when you feel like it.
If you don't feel like buying another (which would be understandable), I'm not sure what I would do if I were you. It's a lot of work but you completed all that once, you could as well do it again, things will unlock at some point, the only thing is : will you regret/miss your current town? Because that won't come back, at least not the way it is now.
Good luck!

A while back Fauna moved out of my town after I went on a short hiatus and I've lost a lot of motivation since. I don't really like any of my villagers now and was thinking about resetting but it's difficult when i've had this town for 3 years ^^'' I have at least 80% of all the encyclopedias and quite a few items... I just don't know what to do

A while back Fauna moved out of my town after I went on a short hiatus and I've lost a lot of motivation since. I don't really like any of my villagers now and was thinking about resetting but it's difficult when i've had this town for 3 years ^^'' I have at least 80% of all the encyclopedias and quite a few items... I just don't know what to do

Why don't you try to get her back? :) maybe that will make you motivated

I want to get back into play ACNL again but... I don't really love my villagers anymore. However I spent hours and hours to reset their homes to get my map like this

2ey7v5s.jpg

dunno what to do...

Last edited:
I want to get back into play ACNL again but... I don't really love my villagers anymore. However I spent hours and hours to reset their homes to get my map like this

2ey7v5s.jpg

dunno what to do...

I would keep the town, and slowly replace the villagers you don't like anymore with ones you do! It's a lot easier now to get the villagers to plot in the right place, with the amiibo update.

- - - Post Merge - - -

2ey7v5s.jpg

dunno what to do...

I would keep the town, and slowly replace the villagers you don't like anymore with ones you do! It's a lot easier now to get the villagers to plot in the right place, with the amiibo update.

Back