The Resetting Thread

I'm going to reset today

Last edited:
I really want to reset as I haven't played in almost a year.. But my town is full of my friends items xb Trying to poke them to get their crap, or I'll just reset over them too lol.

Currently trying to reset for a map with short river and pears, but I keep getting oranges... xb

You know, I've been thinking I need something to really keep me occupied so I've decided to get back into playing and reset my 2nd town again! I've also decided to start writing a story based on the town. I've been itching to write something for a while now but nothing has seemed like an interesting or manageable topic, so I'm really happy I thought of combining it with ACNL. It's so much easier to start when there's some sort of frame already, especially as I haven't really written anything before. I'm hoping that combining the 2 things will keep me more invested in both of them. Now I've just got to come up with a theme and characters and hope I'll be able to stick to this idea for a while!

After having a mess of a town that I didn't touch in months because I just wasn't feeling the environment of this particular town, I reset it and started my most current town that's budging on for a week now! Really excited for the work I'm going to do in this one.

I'm resetting again after not playing for forever and just came across a map with 6 freaking ponds, but everything wasn't nicely placed :(

Last edited:
I'm about to restart myself... I'm debating between all water based animals and Nate, or just ducks and Nate. It'll obviously have Freckles and Nate, but I'm trying to decide how! :eek:

I've been thinking about resetting for this whole week and I'm going to go through with it.

I want a fresh slate because my town is very messy and I'm finding it really difficult to move Camofrog out. (who I regret ever moving in because he hasn't asked to move a single time, he's been here for 2 months or so and he isn't even the most recent villager, wtf!)

I don't know who I want in my town and I'm going to try to stick to a white theme as my town is called Aether (heaven, purity = white).

So wish me luck with this new journey, lol. :)

(I literally got a bunch of new villagers who I love recently and I already have to start over because the town is so clustered)

I've been thinking about reseting for about a month, I've been playing for 2 years on the same town. I haven't played it in a long while, so I think starting fresh would be a good idea. Would it be alright if I could ask someone to hold a few items for me? I'm not sure if here is the right place to post this.

I'm really excited to start up my new town. But I'm trying to wait until the new year. Or maybe I'll reset once I can sit onmy town tree(sell my town)

I just sold and reset my town and I'm so happy we can sell our old towns to Mr Nook because it makes the beginning stages of rebuilding a town so much easier ! TT-ing like crazy but I'm excited to start anew, RIP Danktown....

I have 2 copies of acnl, I originally had 2 for cycling and producing gold roses to sell, but recently came back to the game after 3 years. I lost Lucky and Stitches which I'm not happy about but in my new town intend on getting both.
I can borrow my bf's 3ds to transfer funds and catalog items, but it's going to be a lot of work just to start fresh. I like my old town too much to sell it to nook and restart as I still have most of my pathing and flowers that I want to preserve and about 7 of my villagers I wanted to keep.. how do people restart their games catalog and all? Not so much asking about bells as I plan on moving some over..
Thanks!

Considering resetting my second town but idk I'm very conflicted
Reasons to reset:
-I really don't like the town name
-I stopped playing in this town for like 8 months so I feel kind of disconnected from it
-My inventory and house is a mess and I don't want to deal with it

Reasons not to reset:
-I love all of my villagers (however I have the amiibo cards of my absolute favourite ones)
-I like the layout of the town

:thinking:

Last edited:
Considering resetting my second town but idk I'm very conflicted
Reasons to reset:
-I really don't like the town name
-I stopped playing in this town for like 8 months so I feel kind of disconnected from it
-My inventory and house is a mess and I don't want to deal with it

Reasons not to reset:
-I love all of my villagers (however I have the amiibo cards of my absolute favourite ones)
-I like the layout of the town

:thinking:

I resetted my digital-copy town because I abandoned it for at least a year (like many of my previous towns on my second physical cartridge) and yeah my inventory and house was a mess as well! (I had most of the gold series, random 7/11 furniture, but nothing complete)

I do regret it now though...because I lost villagers like Ava and Goldie...as I don't have them as amiibo cards...plus I had that town for three years as well lol...

VanessaMay18, I am glad you have thought of reasons why you should and why you shouldn't reset your town, because I should have done that properly before I resetted mine lol - sobs -

I resetted my digital-copy town because I abandoned it for at least a year (like many of my previous towns on my second physical cartridge) and yeah my inventory and house was a mess as well! (I had most of the gold series, random 7/11 furniture, but nothing complete)

I do regret it now though...because I lost villagers like Ava and Goldie...as I don't have them as amiibo cards...plus I had that town for three years as well lol...

VanessaMay18, I am glad you have thought of reasons why you should and why you shouldn't reset your town, because I should have done that properly before I resetted mine lol - sobs -

Aw man sorry to hear about your town :( thanks for sharing your story though! I'm also considering just creating a second character so I can have a new house and inventory and ignoring my mayor for the rest of time unless I want to make a PWP lol. The only problem that wouldn't solve is that I don't like my town name, but maybe I can deal with that...

I might restart. I don't know yet. But I'm going to try not to make a big deal about it if I do and posting here my possible intention to restart is probably making a big deal about it. -_-

Edit: I decided not to restart

Last edited:
I might restart. I don't know yet. But I'm going to try not to make a big deal about it if I do and posting here my possible intention to restart is probably making a big deal about it. -_-

Edit: I decided not to restart
Good that you decided to not restart! :)

I'm not going to reset. I'm going to play in this town for at least a year.
Just a small reminder here ;)

Back