StreetPass Silver
Switch
2767-4108-4794
Toy Hammer
Rainbow Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Bell Bag Badge
Due to the amount of threads popping up regarding people wanting to know if they should reset this thread is being put up as a place to discuss with the community on the topic of resetting.

Use this thread if you're unsure of resetting. Do not make your own thread.

I don't get why people would reset, Animal Crossing is your life basically, I would only reset if I cheated (time travel or something)

While some may like not to reset (like myself) some do like to reset because they don't have the perfect map or villagers. Sometimes they reset because they felt like they have gone though the game so fast and would like a chance to do it all over again. There are other reasons but, to each their own :)

Instead of resetting my lovely forever town, I have a secondary copy of the game for my resetting purposes.

I really recommend it for people. You can use it for villagers/trading/resetting/themed dream towns/storage/fun/time travel/etc.

i wasted thirty dollars on a second copy because i'm dumb and i wanna help people get their dream villagers

What about me? i call copyright

We should make some sort of details on info on your town for the OP. like what are your villagers, town map, etc. for people to help find out if someone should reset or not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i wasted thirty dollars on a second copy because i'm dumb and i wanna help people get their dream villagers

lol

Last edited:
Details? Maybe post your town map, villagers, progress as to why you're resetting? We need some insight too, y'know.

I'll post my map when I've found my town, sure. I'll include the villagers as well.

I'm resetting because I just got ACNL a few days ago, and my first town layout was awful in my opinion, and my characters face wasn't the one I wanted. So. Here I am. Stuck in the resetting loop. It's frustrating how long it takes, but I know it'll be worth it. The only things a town needs to appeal to me is: Triangle Grass, "Teardrop"-shaped Pond in the lower half, and Apples preferably. I also can't stand large private beaches that I don't have access to via ramp. I don't care about what villagers I get, because I honestly don't mind. I know, short list, but for some reason I'm having no luck at all.

I remember someone tried this sort of the thread before right back in late June/early July, but it wasn't official so everyone ignored it and it sank. >.>

I'm resetting my second town. I think I've been playing it around 2-3 weeks.

Well, as far as resetting goes, I'm known as a serial resetter. My town is lovely but I can't stand any of my villagers (Except you Lionel and Hazel <3) I know I'll get bored of Olivine eventually and start again. This time I'll be more picky about starter villagers. Hopefully I'll reset until I get a highly desired one, which should be nice.

I'll probably reset soon. I just get bored easily. This time I'll try not to time travel though and see how it goes. I also want apples...and I'm starting to hate where I put my police station. The only thing I think I'll miss are some of my villagers, but I can get them again.

Well, as far as resetting goes, I'm known as a serial resetter. My town is lovely but I can't stand any of my villagers (Except you Lionel and Hazel <3) I know I'll get bored of Olivine eventually and start again. This time I'll be more picky about starter villagers. Hopefully I'll reset until I get a highly desired one, which should be nice.
Finally, someone else who likes Hazel. <3

When you reset, you'll probably bump into people's dreamies. I did. I found Merengue, Bob and Wolfgang.

I feel bad if you reset.

Last year some time I wanted to go back and start playing WW or CF again but even though I hadn't played either of them for years I couldn't bring myself to reset so I didn't play them. Stupid really.

I hoping to get a second copy so I can reset if I want too, I've put too much effort into my original village now to give up.

Back