• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you use 3D?

Always.
It's a 3DS, that's what it's for and one of the main reasons I bought it. And to me the 3D effect makes games look way better, I think Mario Kart 7 looks better than Mario Kart Wii just because of the 3D.

I tried playing Animal Crossing in 2D, but that's like I'm playing Wild World 2, it doesn't look that good.

Too be honest, I (as well as most people) only got the 3DS because most of the new games wouldn't be made for the DSI.

I don't turn 3d on unless I'm taking pictures like for the firework show or whatnot~

I also got the 3DS only to be able to play games that aren't made for the DS. I don't care much about the 3D, it hurts my eyes and I don't think it is that great anyway. So I never use it, I'm always playing in 2D :)

Last edited:
Pretty much every day I use the 3D feature on the Nintendo 3DS, it's useful for taking 3D photos in AC:NL. And the effect of the 3D isn't really that much different from 2D, to be perfectly honest. Because your eyes get used to seeing the two displays on the parallax barrier and especially seeing it the first time... you don't really see much difference. ;)

And of course, when objects are close enough to the display in the game or something, that's the only time when you'd get a true 3D effect. But how often does that occur? Rarely!

I do kind of believe that Nintendo will shift away from 3D in their next generation handheld in the future, I don't really see many people using the 3D on the Nintendo 3DS anyways, and it just isn't worthwhile. Exactly the situation as it is with 3D Smart TVs, glasses-free 3D smart phones and stuff like that.

Anyways, yesterday I got a bit of a headache. I kind of wonder if that was from viewing the 3D on the Nintendo 3DS? I'm pretty sure I never got a headache from it before, but who knows? So I've kind of gave the 3D feature a rest for now! :)

Back