• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you use 3D?

When I first got my 3DS and ACNL I used it all of the time, but after about a week it just irritated my eyes so I don't use it anymore. ;_;​

Personally, because of my somewhat terrible eyesight, I will only use 3D momentarily when I want to see something 'pop out' in a game, whether it be Animal Crossing or any other series. I find the 3D to be brilliant of course, but I feel that 'normal' perception is far easier. Perhaps those with better eyesight can joy the 3D to a better reception than I, though, that is just my personal opinion. I am old school, and love to play without it lol It's easier and causes less strain on my eyes.

i use 3d when I feel like my eyes are being *****es and I want to torture them

hasn't happened yet but i'll let you know when

Last edited:
Tried it once. It was awful. It gave me a massive headache so I haven't used it since.

I turned it on once or twice when I first got it, just to see how it looked.

The 3D feature is something I don't really use that often since I usually move around a lot when I'm playing. I'll occasionally turn it on for cutscenes and whatnot, but since NL doesn't have any any of those (at least ones with a lot of stuff going on), I don't really have a reason to turn it on.

General consensus with me too. I never use it. Though the only times I do, it was turned on accidentally.

Honestly thought this was a thread for how often you use your 3DS, but I understand now xD

I almost NEVER use the 3D effect. I have never used it for New Leaf so far so I have no idea what it looks like. I used it a little playing Ocarina of Time because the areas were so beautiful I had to see what they looked like in 3D and I was impressed. I usually just turn off the 3D when I accidentally turn it on.

Almost never. It drains the battery to quickly and honestly kind of gives me a headache. Does this happen to anyone else when they play in 3D?

The 3D is a nice feature. I usually don't ever get headaches or anything. I don't use it during the day since it doesn't look that good compared to the colors and tones at night. Switching the 3D on and wearing good headphones is a totally different, but amazing experience when playing New Leaf. Off topic, the way Kazumi Totaka produced the music shows that it's meant to be listened to with headphones; even the hourly tunes most find boring become quite enticing and enjoyable.

Last edited:
I use it sometimes and it doesn't really bother me. I turn it on when I get bored and when I wonder what the game looks like in 3D atm.

Actually, I use the 3D a lot for this game compared to my other ones. But even then, it isn't very often...

The only time I ever use the 3D feature in ACNL is when I visit Katrina, haha. Otherwise, it doesn't appeal to me/only serves to strain my eyes.

Back