• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Adopting from another villager's campsite??

herukun

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have Fauna in my campsite, but I already have 10 villagers Q_______Q
so before I waste my time (and another person's time) trying to give her away, I want to know if it's really, truly possible to convince a villager from another player's campsite to move to your town.

Edit: Title's kinda weird. I meant adopting from another player's campsite, sorry about that

Last edited:
Not possible. Only the residents of that town can recruit from campsite.

If it was true, we would've seen videos, pictures, and things like that. So no. It's not.
Plus, I don't understand how it makes sense. A person comes to camp to my town, why would they move to yours?
Meh, I could say the same for moving someone from another town, but I feel like it's not the same thing.. :/

I really don't think it works but several different people have claimed that it worked for them. I think one person said they were able to get a villager from a camp when the original town was full? They also said they exited the town and came back to try again several times.

Back