• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why do people consider Animal Crossing "bad"?

Midgetsc

Bells
Silver Mailbox
Cake
Mailbox
Forgive me if this is in the wrong category, but:

Why do people write so many articles about Animal Crossing being bad? I just noticed a few on a google search, and I didn't even feel like reading them because of all the crap people say about it.

So I'm just wondering, why do you guys think people want to make a happy-go-lucky and fun game such as Animal Crossing seem bad for you?

Probably just don't understand it.
I mean, does paying off a house sound fun? Nope!
BUT IT IS..!!

Many people just don't find the simulation genre very interesting. My Dad is one of those people. He's currently sat about a metre away from me playing an MMORPG - and I personally don't find those interesting at all. It's preference: different people like different things.

Last edited:
I've read things about it being addicting (which, okay, I guess that can be "bad" but whatever.) and that it changes the way you look at the world... Meh. In a couple generations, we'll be living in space, for all we know. That certainly makes me look at the world differently, so... Really, anything would make me look at the world differently.

I haven't heard anything about it being a bad game. I don't agree with it anyway! I guess the only people who would think the game was bad was people who don't like the play this style of game. There's nothing bad about the game, really.

I've read things about it being addicting (which, okay, I guess that can be "bad" but whatever.) and that it changes the way you look at the world... Meh. In a couple generations, we'll be living in space, for all we know. That certainly makes me look at the world differently, so... Really, anything would make me look at the world differently.

Anything can be addicting if you let it be. There's people who are addicted to sports, people who are addicted to buying shoes, people who are addicted to reading books, people who are addicted to drinking caffeinated drinks... The list goes on. Doesn't necessarily make AC bad.

Also, changing the way you look at the world isn't always a bad thing. In fact, some of the best changes humanity has made in history have been a result of people changing they way they look at things.

People just find always find reasons to hate things they don't like. Don't let it get to you.

Anything can be addicting if you let it be. There's people who are addicted to sports, people who are addicted to buying shoes, people who are addicted to reading books, people who are addicted to drinking caffeinated drinks... The list goes on. Doesn't necessarily make AC bad.

Also, changing the way you look at the world isn't always a bad thing. In fact, some of the best changes humanity has made in history have been a result of people changing they way they look at things.

People just find always find reasons to hate things they don't like. Don't let it get to you.

I'm not letting it get to me, I'm just curious.

You know, most of those are probably just people employed by rival businesses that want people to buy their games instead...

I'm not letting it get to me, I'm just curious.

You know, most of those are probably just people employed by rival businesses that want people to buy their games instead...

It?s a conspiracy!!! D:

Last edited:
This is news to me. All the reviews I've seen of the game have all been stellar. Is it considered bad among people who like to play video games? Or is it considered bad by folks who don't like video games anyway?

They complain that it changes the way they look at things? What does that mean? Are you looking at righ-wing political sites that whine that the game promotes community building? Are they annoyed that we're expected to treat common animals as our neighbors; and go out of our way to help these neighbors? Is it bad to have a Beautiful Town by ordinance? Is the problem that you need community consent to open a night club? Do they hate the fact that ordinary villagers can suggest public works projects?

This is news to me. All the reviews I've seen of the game have all been stellar. Is it considered bad among people who like to play video games? Or is it considered bad by folks who don't like video games anyway?

They complain that it changes the way they look at things? What does that mean? Are you looking at righ-wing political sites that whine that the game promotes community building? Are they annoyed that we're expected to treat common animals as our neighbors; and go out of our way to help these neighbors? Is it bad to have a Beautiful Town by ordinance? Is the problem that you need community consent to open a night club? Do they hate the fact that ordinary villagers can suggest public works projects?

Lol.. amen to that.

However, I haven't noticed any major hate towards the game. Unless I'm just really oblivious to it all of the sudden.

But most of the haters are just people who don't like this sort of game - which is fine, so long as they aren't being total twits about it.

Last edited:
I have so many friends who have 3DS's all over the world, and most of them don't know what the hell animal crossing is. They think its a weird name and I'm just like "omfg you don't know?"

People hate games that sound boring, this is just one that isn't

It's probably a lot less to do with rivals posting negative reviews (whilst that does go on, it seems rather petty for anyone to do this) and more to do with people just not liking the game, simple...

You can't please everyone and not everyone is going to like everything. How boring would that be? I'm not a fan of sports games (FIFA, basketball etc) and yet they have a massive market!

I have not read any of these that you said are out there but animal crossing is not perfect,and I assume they have some justifiable reasons for hating the game.
some people don't like what you think might be perfect so accept this and move on,make a lot more bells this way=p

That's weird, because none of the game sites I go to have a bad word to say about AC. Instead what is more common are people who say "I don't get why Animal Crossing is so popular".

I used to be one of those people, but now I understand. /_\

Some people think all you do is just walk around because there is no "levels" and such.

Some people really just plain don't like games with no real direction.

I don't see anything wrong with Animal Crossing, in fact I think that New Leaf can be an interesting tool at learning about fish, art, fossils, and insects as well as helping people to learn to like the little things in life. Like talking to people, writing letters instead of text messages, fishing, catching bugs, growing flowers/trees, and treasure hunts....

Last edited:
Haters gonna hate. People are wayyy too obsessed with things like COD and shooters, and they think relaxed gaming is stupid and boring. I have an idea. READ ABOUT IT, PEOPLE!

My sister didn't really like City Folk, but when I told her all the good things about New Leaf, she said she'd try it. She's thinking about getting it for her birthday. \(^o^)/

Back