The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Peach (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Classic Easter Egg
Gold Super Mailbox
someone find me a better banner ;_;
image.jpg

So i made this, partially because I would want to reset myself (my map kinda sucks), and I also would want to contribute to the community. I also would want to prevent extra spam threads similar to 'should I reset?' and those similar to that.

Anyways, the main point of this thread is to helpthe whole community to decide to keep their town or not. I'm going to copy and paste any quality post (and give credibilities to the owner, of course). So, here are my contributions on why someone should reset or not in my opinion:

Pros

• All the burdens from your old town will be demolished and renewed.
• Better villagers (if your previous ones were not to your liking).
• A much-preferred town layout and style.
• A whole new look if your previous one did not suit your style.[Azzurro & hijessicarose]
• PWP placements can be changed [Stuffin]

Cons

• All the PWP suggested by villagers, Dream Suite, 2nd Floor Museum—wiped out to oblivion.
• Filling the catalog and museum is hard work.
• If you have no friends to hold items for you, then buh-bye items.
• Loss of all badges acquired as well as any count towards the Train Station renovation [DJStarstryker]
• Loss of all houses acquired via Streetpass or Spotpass [Richard]
• Loss of acquired Dreamies (dream villagers) [River]
• Earning Bells from scratch is usually a chore. maxfactor

So that's the list. I have a bunch more in my mind concerning whether or not someone should restart their file, but of course, this is a community project and I want as much people as I can to be involved. So lgi.

Last edited:
Another con is you lose all of your work towards badges (if you care about that) and work towards unlocking the train station upgrades.

Another con would be losing all your street Pass visitors, which could be a pain.

Especially because Street Pass visitors help SO MUCH in increasing your catalog. If you live in Japan (I do) or are lucky enough to get a whole bunch of Street Pass houses elsewhere, it makes the con that Farobi listed of filling the catalog again so much easier. But if you don't, then you have to either wait, TT, or do a ton of trading/buying from people online (or a combo of those).

Japan, land of the Japanese-speaking players that you can't understand... <3

I can understand them. If they type in romaji ("English" characters). :p

I'm learning how to read Japanese. Slowly! I'll probably no longer be in Japan by the time I'm any good at it though. Ha!

Cons:

Your house rent - bells wasted if you spent a lot of time upgrading it
Friendship with Sable just for QR machine

Last edited:
Instead of resetting, I plan on starting a second town when my current town no longer 'does it' for me. This can be another option for some users who also happen to have another copy of ACNL. In my case, I also have a spare 3DS which will make traveling back and forth between my two towns easy when cataloging items that I worked so hard for. This second town will also give me access to villagers that I may want to trade, etc.

It's not quite the best of both worlds though. I'll still have to deal with starting from scratch when it comes to PWP, upgrades and so on. But, I will have my first town intact that I can still build on and enjoy while the second one is taking form. While building the second town, I'll have access to all my first town's cataloged items, fruit, flowers, stores, and of course, the millions of bells in the bank!

Cons:

Friendship with Sable just for QR machine

This + waiting three weeks to unlock Shampoodle again. ><

I think the most irritating con would be deleting your file only to find that none of the maps meet your expectations / beat your last one.

This + waiting three weeks to unlock Shampoodle again. ><

I think the most irritating con would be deleting your file only to find that none of the maps meet your expectations / beat your last one.

That ^

I hate getting super wavy rivers and pond infested towns >_<
Talking to Rover for a long time when resetting also makes me annoyed lol.

Con: That unshakeable feeling of regret when you reset as you find yourself thinking back to what you used to have...
(I haven't and most definitely won't reset ACNL, but I harbor such feelings with some other games)

Pros-
:You'll have a fresh start, and have many things to accomplish, unlock, and donate. So there's constantly something to do.
:You'll have the ability to change your Mayor name, Town name, and even character face to what you really like. Some people didn't use the face guide or whatever upon restarting, and are stuck with one they can't stand. Or maybe they have a typo in their town name. This is the chance to change those problems.
:You'll make new friends out of your villagers. You may find that you used to really hate Monique, but now she's in your new town and she's always giving you free stuff and being sweet. :3
:You'll have different fruit (4 times out of 5), and probably a much different layout. You might be able to customize your new layout a lot better than you would have customized your old one, because the new layout takes to your liking.
:It's better in the long run. If you dislike your town layout, and you force yourself to deal with it.. Your really digging your own grave. It's not very fun walking around a town you don't like. Restarting is simple, someone can hold your items if you wish, and it gives you a second chance at getting the town you really want. Losing 2 months of work is a lot better than 6. Rip off the band-aid.

I've seen so many people restart, and are incredibly glad that they did, because their layout is so much more in their style, and they like their neighbors.. I've only seen a couple regret it. It's an action that requires a lot of thought, but I find it really fun when you get a whole new start. I'm restarting as I type right now.

Last edited:
Ive had like 5 towns.. And I still think that I will find something better (lol).
I'm just so excited for the opening scene with the random 5 villagers... I want to do that over and over again XD

I really want to restart but I just can't because I have four of my dream villagers.

So thats a good con, I don't want to lose my dreamies

I lost my accomplished dream villagers, sure, but that makes way for new dream villagers! That can be good pro. You can learn to like new villagers and change the way you think about some of them.

Ive had like 5 towns.. And I still think that I will find something better (lol).
I'm just so excited for the opening scene with the random 5 villagers... I want to do that over and over again XD

I thought i was the only one, i wil never reset my town again, as ive had my new one for 3 weeks and adore it but i want another copy just to see the opening bit and see the 5 villagers
i love the suspense of who will be in the town :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back