• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I Found a Weird Glitch

Torakichi25

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver

[size=-1]Image is linked if you would like to save it to your 3DS[/size]
So, I was sitting on a stump(it had a special pattern, I don't know if that's important), doing flourishes. Have you ever done a flourish while sitting? It's hilarious. Anyways, in the middle of a flourish, a mosquito bit me. I sunk through the stump.
lolwut
Also, if you look to the right, you'll notice I want a neighbor to move.

LOL that's silly
flourish seems to do a few silly things.
like if you're swimming and do it, your character flails around and smacks the water with their face, but still does the final frame.. xD

Last edited:
I think that's the Sitting on Things and Spamming Emotions Glitch, it's even feautred on acnewleaf.com: Stand on things glitch

Still, it's the first time I've actually seen the glitch on a stump, it's actually kind of funny

Last edited:
LOL that's silly
flourish seems to do a few silly things.
like if you're swimming and do it, your character flails around and smacks the water with their face, but still does the final frame.. xD

Wait wut you can do emotes while swimming? xD

Adding to this, I just found a few mosquito's in my town, and decided to wonder over to my tree stumps (they both have special patterns, too - will try on non special pattern in a sec). Anyway, I found the mosquito's wouldn't bite me unless I did the flourish emote (will try with a different emote when I try again). Further more, I was unable to sit back on the tree stump until I exited the game or entered a building.

Ok I just went over to a normal tree stump, it worked too. I also used the anger emote so it doesn't need to be the flourish emote. However, as I just cut this tree to try on a normal stump (it again was unable to be sat on) I tried to dig up the stump, and the game did the 'whoop' thing, as if I was digging off a cliff, and couldn't dig up the stump until I went inside.

tumblr_mrtjhiVUPX1rljgedo5_400.jpg
tumblr_mrtjhiVUPX1rljgedo6_400.jpg

Last edited:
I actually found out that you can stand in a tree stump by doing these steps:

1. Having a tweeter in your hand
2. Sitting on a stump
3. Either getting bit my a mosquito or blowing the tweeter

Back