• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

HHA challenge. Help!

Cairney

Bells
Mailbox
Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm doing the HHA challenge at the moment, trying to get 1.1 million points to get all the gold house pieces. My rooms ALL have trendy themed furniture apart from one, with Rococo themed stuff. I have the modern exteriior from nooks homes.

Basically, I'm stuck on 600'000 points. How do I get more points? Any advice would be awesome, thanks! :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

^ This guide is a great guide IMO. Scroll down (or ctrl+f) to "56) HAPPY HOME ACADEMY". It breaks down items by their point-value. So for example, something Gulliver or Katie gives you is innately worth more than some furniture from Timmy and Tommy. Also, refurbishing doesn't give you any extra points, but it can help unite your room in a colour theme (which can give you more points).

Also, try to get more exterior pieces that match the trendy theme, those help boost point value alot. Remember that your basement isn't counted so move all your trendy stuff out of there and shove it all in your other rooms.

Edit: Also, I just wanted to mention that you should also go catch cicadas and dump them on tables! They're worth 7777 points (since they're they're the lucky item in August). August is actually one of the easiest months to try to break the HHA 1.1 Million point barrier since there are so many lucky items.

Last edited:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

^ This guide is a great guide IMO. Scroll down (or ctrl+f) to "56) HAPPY HOME ACADEMY". It breaks down items by their point-value. So for example, something Gulliver or Katie gives you is innately worth more than some furniture from Timmy and Tommy. Also, refurbishing doesn't give you any extra points, but it can help unite your room in a colour theme (which can give you more points).

Also, try to get more exterior pieces that match the trendy theme, those help boost point value alot. Remember that your basement isn't counted so move all your trendy stuff out of there and shove it all in your other rooms.

Edit: Also, I just wanted to mention that you should also go catch cicadas and dump them on tables! They're worth 7777 points (since they're they're the lucky item in August). August is actually one of the easiest months to try to break the HHA 1.1 Million point barrier since there are so many lucky items.

What other lucky items are there? U mentioned cicadas, and I heard fountain fireworks are worth 3333 points..is this true? And what other lucky things are there?

What other lucky items are there? U mentioned cicadas, and I heard fountain fireworks are worth 3333 points..is this true? And what other lucky things are there?

If you check the link I posted, it has a list of lucky items. I'll just post them for easy reference :p

Brown Cicada
Robust Cicada
Black Cicada
Walker Cicada
Evening Cicada
Cicada Shell
Giant Snakehead
Sweetfish
Napoleonfish
Sparkler
Roman Candle
Fountain Firework

All of the above are worth 7777 points (not 3333).
Honestly, if you check the link it has everything you need to know (if not more) to break that 1.1 Million barrier.

This is a lot of help thanks. Now reading the guide as well, it's good. Now going to go catch a bunch of cicadas. I'm assuming they can't be on the floor though?

Thonky also has a guide on that, which includes points and other things: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/happy-home-academy/

I actually found Thonky's guide to be slightly vague. Like for August, it only lists fireworks as lucky, where infact cicadas and other things count too! But it's a tiny bit more organized with it's tables. So there's that.

Anyway, another great resource is moridb, which you can use to sort through items by theme to see what it looks like! It's also pretty helpful for Gracie's Fashion Check (but it's missing a couple items; I had an ornate fashion check this morning and I found ornate socks at my Kicks's when moridb didn't have them listed).

Music also is themed, so you hang them up on your walls :D Try to put stuff on tables if you can, since you can get point deductions for leaving things on the ground.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is a lot of help thanks. Now reading the guide as well, it's good. Now going to go catch a bunch of cicadas. I'm assuming they can't be on the floor though?

Try and put them on tables, but the -1 point you lose from leaving them on the floor isn't a big deal, really.
Just make sure they don't block any of your intractable items.

Last edited:
If you check the link I posted, it has a list of lucky items. I'll just post them for easy reference :p

Brown Cicada
Robust Cicada
Black Cicada
Walker Cicada
Evening Cicada
Cicada Shell
Giant Snakehead
Sweetfish
Napoleonfish
Sparkler
Roman Candle
Fountain Firework

All of the above are worth 7777 points (not 3333).
Honestly, if you check the link it has everything you need to know (if not more) to break that 1.1 Million barrier.

Oh, ty :D

All this is advice is awesome thank you so much! Gonna go on a cicada catching spree for sure, and going to get the right outside house parts, and replace the rococo stuff. Wish me luck! :)

Back