• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gracie fashion checks: does she repeat themes?

Snow

Winter is coming
Bells
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Famous Mushroom
Mother's Day Carnation
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Purple Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
I just passed my first fashion check (basic, she sneered at me a bit but gave me a coral tank) and I'm trying to figure out if she can repeat this theme or if she'll always give me a new one.

basically I'd like to ditch this heinous outfit but I'm not sure if it's safe to do so. I've looked around online but I'm not finding a definite answer - does anyone know?

I would love to know this, too! I didn't think about it until after I sold my Rock n Roll outfit, so if she CAN ask for it again, she probably will and I need to order it before she shows up again. lol

Pretty sure she can ask for the same thing twice. She asked me for modern twice (I had failed the first one, so it might be different if you passed).

I set up a room in the museum for my Gracie outfits. Looks like I'll be keeping all the themes around until all four visits have passed. I cannot wait to get her annoying visits out of the way!

You only need 2 items of every theme to pass so ditch a few and keep 2 of each.

I'm going to play it safe then and keep everything til I'm done just in case. I would think once you passed a theme you wouldn't get again but...who knows?

I set up a room in the museum for my Gracie outfits. Looks like I'll be keeping all the themes around until all four visits have passed. I cannot wait to get her annoying visits out of the way!

That's a really good idea - I had EVERYTHING shoved in my closet. No room for anything else, lol. xD
I've passed both times she's stopped through my town, first it was flashy, than iconic. I wanted to know if she repeated themes too! I want to get these fashion checks out of the way already!

Does anyone know how often she comes to town? Once per week maybe?...

Yes, she does repeat themes. I had a total of 5 checks. She asked for 'Rock and Roll' twice, which is a good thing since I was unable to pass the check for a theme that needed items I didn't own (and couldn't find). So for me, if it was a theme I couldn't put together due to lack of items, I just let that check go and hope the next one was easier to put together, or a repeat for a theme that you've already passed. In this case, it was the repeated Rock and Roll theme. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did the same thing. ;) I took over the entire second floor of the museum as permanent personal storage. Since I've already passed all checks, I will be selling off the items that I purchased just for the fashion checks. But, I sill need the storage.

Room one contains hats, wigs, costumes (for Halloween season) and various fun stuff. Room two contains wearable but off-season clothing (in-season clothing goes in my local storage pockets for easy changes). Room three contains shoes, socks and accessories (glasses, umbrellas) as well as loungey PJ type clothes. Room four is my 'Studio Loft' apartment that I am furnishing (in part) with Gracie furniture. A place to chill and change while shopping or hitting Club LOL. ;) Right now, it's gyroid storage.

Last edited:
I use Hirisa's method of storing all complete outfit themes in my museum rooms, it's squishy saving all instead of the few pieces required, but I don't have the time to be figuring out what clashes and what doesn't when she comes, I'll just be running straight there, grabbing my full outfit, and being done with it. No room for error with how infrequent her visits are it seems (I've actually yet to get one but I've got a few outfit pieces still to find too so that's a good thing)

I too, use the museum to store clothes...I store my clothes in theme sets so when the fashion checks come I can just go to whatever room that theme is in and load up. I also have tons of each...only a few themes are missing a few pieces, like socks or an accessory but I was told you only need 3 pieces and I have this with all of them (except modern since they are impossible to find but I have the required 3 pieces)

I cannot wait for it to be over, she hasn't come yet at all in my town but I just got the TIY the other day...I think I have already spent enough for the upgrade so I just have to wait on her and her fashion checks...I was also told I can pass all four in one day by having each of my characters pass her test...I hope that is true!

Last edited:
I cannot wait for it to be over, she hasn't come yet at all in my town but I just got the TIY the other day...I think I have already spent enough for the upgrade so I just have to wait on her and her fashion checks...I was also told I can pass all four in one day by having each of my characters pass her test...I hope that is true!

Nope -- as long as you don't pass, she stays and any of your characters can talk to her. Once any of them pass the check she will leave the next time you save (or travel, I think). I have seen that people tt and do the day over 4 times though.

So I am thinking she wouldn't repeat a theme once you've PASSED it, but....better safe than sorry. I'll keep everything til she's done.

Nope -- as long as you don't pass, she stays and any of your characters can talk to her. Once any of them pass the check she will leave the next time you save (or travel, I think). I have seen that people tt and do the day over 4 times though.

So I am thinking she wouldn't repeat a theme once you've PASSED it, but....better safe than sorry. I'll keep everything til she's done.

ok, good to know! I probably would do the TT just to get it overwith in one day :blush:

I just passed my first one with flying colors. I used the caveman tank dress, ninja hood and shoes, and the rimmed glasses (I think). I was the ugliest outfit I could put together and she said that I made historical look new...go figure.

Same here, I look at it as my walk-in wardrobe with the different themes arranged separately in nice neat rows.

Gracie asked for 'Rock and Roll' twice and I passed the first Rock and Roll check. So yes, she does repeat even if you've previously passed the same theme.

Gracie asked for 'Rock and Roll' twice and I passed the first Rock and Roll check. So yes, she does repeat even if you've previously passed the same theme.

ok, awesome to know that for sure. and NON-AWESOME TO KNOW I HAVE TO KEEP THIS UGLY OUTFIT.

Back