• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Male villager's catchphrases changing to uh-huh?

rivulet

shsl gamer
Bells
So I just was kind of curious, Punchy's catchphrase was originally 'mrmpht', which then changed to 'silly', probably because I have Rosie in my town, but now it's uh-huh. I don't have any villagers with that catchphrase, does anyone know why this happens?

Just for the heck of it, I told Isabelle that Erik had an innapropriate catchphrase, and when I talked to him, it was uh-huh. Which is weird because I thought it would change back to his original catchphrase, but I guess not...

Just for the heck of it, I told Isabelle that Erik had an innapropriate catchphrase, and when I talked to him, it was uh-huh. Which is weird because I thought it would change back to his original catchphrase, but I guess not...

Now that's odd. I didn't complain about his catchphrase or anything. But that's weird .-.

Now that's odd. I didn't complain about his catchphrase or anything. But that's weird .-.

when someone who visits your town goes to your town hall, if they report a villagers for rude language, it'll do the trick as well. its typical... i reported fang because i bought him and his old owner had his catchphrase as "BARF!" and i hated it so much...but i expected it to go back to default and instead he now says "uh-huh"...ugh.

The same thing happened when I was preparing to give away Bam. His catchphrase was unoriginal so I tried to change it back by telling Isabelle he had rude language. Unfortunately, it was just "uh-huh"... So yeah, someone who visited your town probably did the same thing. I really don't understand why they don't just revert back to their original catchphrases. "Uh-huh" is pretty random and bleh. :/

if someone reports to isabelle that a villager has rude language it just changes it to the default of "uh-huh," i wish it would change it back to their original catchphrase :c

I got Kabuki from streetpassing someone. His catchphrase was "uh-huh" for the longest time. I thought it was his original one since he came to me with it. LOL. Anyway, it took forever but he finally pinging me for a change.

Back