• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Bell Tree hits 1.5 million posts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Sweet Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Hey folks!

Just now, we hit a pretty big milestone. What's that? We hit 1.5 million posts! I gotta say, that's pretty cool. In fact, over 100,000 of those posts were just in the month of July 2013. So obviously we're growing quite a bit here which is awesome.

txenBPp.png

On that note though, I'm curious. If you're a new member here within the last few months, how did you find TBT? Feel free to post in here. Also for everyone: If there were any improvements you'd make to the forum, what would they be?

Finally, feel free to just celebrate in general here!

PSSST! The first 50 users to click on this link will get a special celebration bonus!

Looks like we're out of bonuses!

Woo!

Congrats everyone, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What I want to know is who the 1.5 millionth poster is :O

Lol are we allowed to post here? o_O

Edit: Ok, I thought I was posting in a sticky or something lol

Did we miss a million? 1.5 seems odd

Woo, I somehow managed to decide to check the forum at this exact time
Good job errybody

i'm glad! congratulations!

i actually saw this forum ages ago when city folk came out. i was an ACC member. all i heard about bell tree back then was that it was mean or something. when acnl came out, i went back to ACC. didn't see any big changes so i left. but then i remembered about bell tree so yeah

wished i joined back then because everyone here is pretty cool and very nice!

Lol

Redeem:

"Batofara used 1-5MILLIONPOSTS"

---

Edit: But I kinda feel like we should get like an hourly (or 2-3 hourly? lol) post bonus for bells
I dunno, nothing crazy, maybe like an extra 5-10 bells.

And there should be more things in the shop. Not sure, but I know there's some people with ideas

These things would encourage people to be more active at different parts of the day, rather than just coming on once a day.

Oh, and the lottery makes no sense to me. Just saying xD

Last edited:
I was wondering what that link did! Super neat, Justin! :) Thanks!
And congrats TBT! Here's to another 1.5 million posts!

As a new member (well, since the end of May), I've found the forum to be a rather nice place to be :)
I especially like the new wifi rating thing on re-tail. The people here are super nice!

(I just wish the TBT marketplace was a bit more lively).

Edit: I want moar cake in the shop. Like chocolate, or strawberry!! And more random collectibles lol maybe a monthly collectable?

Edit 2: Or shop sales! Like new things at different times of the day or a discount on random days xD Or even things to celebrate ingame events (like the bugoff, or something).

Last edited:
The reason the TBT marketplace is so empty is that it's pretty hard to get bells on this forum (2 bells per post o_O)

Also, there's almost no incentive in the first place to get bells x.x

So, when it's hard to get bells and there's no reason to get them either, it's a pretty bad combination

If it was easier to earn bells (not that much easier, but gain more bells for being more active rather than spamming up the whole forum) and if there was actually a reason to get bells, the marketplace would be very lively

----

Ohhhh, this is the best thing ever for this kind of forum. What if we could collect and trade villagers??? We could purchase random villagers using bells, and we could trade eachother for the villagers that we like. The more popular ones like Kid Cat and Octavian would be rarer.

I'm not sure what you could do with them, but you should be able to display them in your profile or a few beside your posts.

We actually had a thing a long time ago where we tried to make trading cards based on members and staff. lol

With either the villagers or the members, trading cards are a neat idea and a nice way of getting some use out of the shop. If it's possible at all I'd be interested to see something like that.

Actually, you're given Bells depending on the length of your post as well. :) But anyway, I won't specifically comment on anything yet, but there are some fabulous ideas in here that we'll look into.

The reason the TBT marketplace is so empty is that it's pretty hard to get bells on this forum (2 bells per post o_O)

Also, there's almost no incentive in the first place to get bells x.x

So, when it's hard to get bells and there's no reason to get them either, it's a pretty bad combination

If it was easier to earn bells (not that much easier, but gain more bells for being more active rather than spamming up the whole forum) and if there was actually a reason to get bells, the marketplace would be very lively

----

Ohhhh, this is the best thing ever for this kind of forum. What if we could collect and trade villagers??? We could purchase random villagers using bells, and we could trade eachother for the villagers that we like. The more popular ones like Kid Cat and Octavian would be rarer.

Yeah, I definitely agree! Making bells on the forum is pretty much the complete opposite of how easy it is in-game. I like seeing creativity (and lol right now the TBT marketplace is pretty much just my board and your board that are even semi-active selling-wise). I like how the "Clash of the New Leaves" contests brought about some creativity amongst members, but I'd love to see something more permanent in inspiring creativity in the marketplace. Edit: guess that would be the museum thread lol.

On a really random note I don't really get how Octavian is so popular xD He's in my town and he kinda...bothers me.

We actually had a thing a long time ago where we tried to make trading cards based on members and staff. lol

With either the villagers or the members, trading cards are a neat idea and a nice way of getting some use out of the shop. If it's possible at all I'd be interested to see something like that.

Oh wow, trading cards sounds like such a cool idea :O But with 300+ characters, how would you implement it in the shop? :/ I do like the idea though!

Edit: You could sell cards at random times of the day :O Make the shop randomly restock different characters and people could swap/trade cards in the marketplace!

Last edited:

XD What? Lol

Well, that'd be a little odd for the newer member since they wouldn't be interested at all xD

But villagers are perfect for this :O And there's over 300 of them, making it even better. You can turn it into pokemon xD Except they can't battle... Lol

Edit: I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few people willing to help out in making the trading cards if we're given some sort of template and guidelines to follow in making them

Last edited:

I remember that! It'd be cool to see those return again.

Awesome that we hit 1.5 million posts! Hooray for everyone, onto the next post!

This trading card thing sounds cool but I'm not sure how it would work. I definitely agree that we need something new in the shop, so we could at least try the trading cards again.

Hooray for TBT! I bet we can get 2 million within another year.

This is definitely the best animal crossing forum going. I have quite a lot of bells but that's just because i have no life over the summer before college starts lol.
I have the fifth most bells on the forum, which is crazy

Last edited:
Hey folks!

Just now, we hit a pretty big milestone. What's that? We hit 1.5 million posts! I gotta say, that's pretty cool. In fact, over 100,000 of those posts were just in the month of July 2013. So obviously we're growing quite a bit here which is awesome.

txenBPp.png

On that note though, I'm curious. If you're a new member here within the last few months, how did you find TBT? Feel free to post in here. Also for everyone: If there were any improvements you'd make to the forum, what would they be?

Finally, feel free to just celebrate in general here!
I think the TBT ABD interest rate should be a lot more than 0.1%.

@Gizmodo, you have the sixth most Bells actually. ;)

I've joined in january, and I have to say, this is the best forum I've been on so far. Believe me, I've been on a lot of forums. The members are kind and respectful, which is also a huge plus. Congrats TBT, on to the next 1,5 milion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back