• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Languages Can You Speak?

Tagalog, Cebuano, English and Japanese
Yeah, I'm from Philippines x'D

I speak English, but I'm also fluent in Mandarin Chinese.

Might start learning French when I start studying in Montreal.

English (AKA, the best language)
If I learn another language, it's going to be italian. That's only because I'm part italian and it sounds sexy, so those are pretty shallow reasons.
What's with all these weebs learning Japanese?

English (AKA, the best language)
If I learn another language, it's going to be italian. That's only because I'm part italian and it sounds sexy, so those are pretty shallow reasons.
What's with all these weebs learning Japanese?
Japanese is cool, you can translate animes and manga, even videogames before their release in your country.

And it feels good calling someone "Baka".

お前はバカ! I dunno, I feel the same. Not really interested in animus or mangos, but it does suck when a really cool looking game takes months to come out in english. Or worse, it doesn't come out at all. :(

German, English, a little bit French and next year, I'll learn Italian

Gaeilge and English. I have to learn Gaeilge because many people speak it in my area.

English and cantonese fluently and learning french and mardarin (spelling?!?) for 5 years *-* Still no better than when I started :p

English is my first language, and I know quite a bit of French. My French has gotten a bit rusty over the years though. Someday I want to learn German or Italian though.

Hungarian is my mother tongue, and I also speak English, German and Russian. Of course, English is a must. German is practical around here too, since Austria is a neighboring country. Russian is just generally cool. Okay, it's handy as well. I love languages, but if Hungarian wasn't my first one, I would never consider learning it.

Hungarian is my mother tongue, and I also speak English, German and Russian. Of course, English is a must. German is practical around here too, since Austria is a neighboring country. Russian is just generally cool. Okay, it's handy as well. I love languages, but if Hungarian wasn't my first one, I would never consider learning it.
Hungarian is cool.

When I was younger I used to think everyone in Hungary was hungry. Not joking, I seriously thought that.

Last edited:
English, French, a little japanese, and enough spanish to go into a bar and order a glass of OJ, or ask where the toilet is...
Yes, that does come up often when I visit spain.

English, Russian, I'm still learning Japanese. got plans for French and Korean one day as well.

Yeah, Hungarian is cool. :D It's just that even though it's my first language, I think it's the most difficult one out of the four I know and speak. And ACE, if I had a bell for every 'oh... so, are you hungry?' line, I could buy all of Tortimer's islands. :D

English and Latin. I've been taking Latin in school since the sixth grade. I'm preparing for the AP Course, so you could technically say I have mastered the language. Sort of. Not really. Nope.

English, French, a little japanese, and enough spanish to go into a bar and order a glass of OJ, or ask where the toilet is...
Yes, that does come up often when I visit spain.
And what if you don't know where's, uh, for example, a restaurant you would like to visit.

"Disculpe, podria decirme donde esta "restaurant name"?"

(this year I'm going to Spain on holidays so I must learn a little more)

english is my native
tiny bit of spanish. took 2 years of it in high school but i forgot most of it.

i'm taking 4 years of french in college though!

Back