• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Languages Can You Speak?

French, German (but I have to be careful not to put English in it), English, a bit of Italian, a tiny bit of Latin, and I can somehow understand Swiss-German, Romans and Spanish. ^^;

Edit:

If you're currently studying a language, how? Are you taking a class, or are you studying it on your own?
Only saw the edit now owo
I learned English properly when I started going to an International School where all classes were in English. Before then I only knew German school English, which, quite frankly, sucks.
Currently I'm studying Mandarin at university (as well as International Relations), and I'll be spending the next academic year in China. That means I'll be having Mandarin lessons 5 days a week, 4 hours per day. Really looking forward to that~

Oooh I really want to learn German after Japanese (Because of SnK haha)
You really shouldn't learn German just because of a manga/an anime. It's a difficult language to learn.

English, Vietnamese, and American Sign Language... A bit of Spanish.. 3 years of classes in middle school - o - intense class.
I'm currently learning Korean from my friends. haha

My native language is Swedish, but besides speaking Swedish with my family I mostly speak English.

English, Tagalog and Ilocano (I speak with my parents. Somewhat fluent, cannot write at all though x_x), some Spanish (5 years of middle/high school classes), and whatever Japanese and Korean I get from anime/games/songs >_>;;

Last edited:
English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and currently learning Croatian.

English as my native language
Spanish because I was really bored (and it's easy to enounce words, but verbs are ugh)
Italian because it's a beautiful language, and I want to go to Rome ><
Japanese because I want to translate videogames and anime... jk. I love japanese.
And Croatian because is one of my favorite languages, and I'm planning to go some days to Dubrovnik.

why do people say verbs in spanish are hard? they are really simple. (maybe it's because it's native language) They also get confused with gender in words, like Rojo/a

Only English and Greek D :

that's the sucky thing about living in the US, it is hard to learn another language because schools don't teach you them.

why do people say verbs in spanish are hard? they are really simple. (maybe it's because it's native language) They also get confused with gender in words, like Rojo/a

In Spain there's more than present, past and future...

So verbs are hard to people who doesn't speak it as their native language.

I speak English and German (almost fluently).

I want to learn French or something, but it's hard to learn a different language. The only reason I learned to speak German was because we moved to Austria and I had to.

I speak Dutch and English fluently. I can manage quite well in German and I studied Chinese (Mandarin) in China for 6 months. I can still speak Chinese and write /recognise lots of characters but understanding what other people say is quite hard. :p

Spanish seems to be really popular... In school we're only given the option to learn French. x.x

Spanish seems to be really popular... In school we're only given the option to learn French. x.x

:eek: I was forced to study German, French, and Spanish in school. Although I stopped taking German after two years (age 9-11) and only picked it up again this year out of necessity (I was working on a film project in Germany).

My school was ridiculous :p
got to choose between, French,Spanish,German,Chinese,Russian & Italian o-O
Obsessed with languages

Obsessed with languages

I wish we'd had all of those choices. :eek: Not so much Italian, but having the opportunity to study Chinese or Russian would have been amazing.

Obsessed with languages
That's amazing! I wish I'd had the opportunity to learn even more languages. :)

Back