What Languages Can You Speak?

I can speak English fluently, and words and phrases in French. French is fun to learn, even if I don't use it often. It's nice to be able to learn something that's different from your native language.

y would u learn dead language irish

I am Irish? We learn Irish all throughout school. It isn't a dead language, many parts of the country still speak it exclusively (the Gaeltacht) and for those of us who don't use it as our first language it is still sprinkled throughout our English, for example we say craic a lot which means fun, failte is welcome, go raibh maith agat is thank you... little phrases like those are used pretty constantly. Where I live I regularly hear people switch back and forth between English and Irish and during conversations which is pretty cool. Also I really like Irish, it's a lovely language.

I speak English fluently and I've taken Spanish classes for five years; I might end up majoring in Spanish in university, I guess we'll see next year. I would love to be fluent in Spanish but I'm not even close. Even after five years I don't think I could carry on a conversation with a native speaker.

Marceline, how are you teaching yourself japanese? I tried a free trial on a language learning website but the free trial ran out lol. I speak english and I'm learning French at school and trying to teach myself japanese

- - - Post Merge - - -

My name in french class is Marcelline lol

English is my first language, but I can also speak/write/understand most of the Japanese language. c:

Marceline, how are you teaching yourself japanese? I tried a free trial on a language learning website but the free trial ran out lol. I speak english and I'm learning French at school and trying to teach myself japanese

- - - Post Merge - - -

My name in french class is Marcelline lol

What site?

native language is english, I know/have to know french since one side of my family is french aaaaand trying to teach myself japanese

The only language I know fluently is English. I've been learning Spanish since the fifth grade and started taking Latin this year. I'm not that great at Spanish, and of course I don't know a lot of Latin yet. I went to Hebrew school during elementary and middle school, but the amount of actual Hebrew we learned was limited, we mainly just learned the vowels and how to pronounce words.

english and (kinda bad) french
I understand tagalog and i'm in my 3rd year of spanish o:

English (where I'm from we speak with alot of slang which is an accent I have) :3
Bad Spanish
Not fluent French xD
Not at all fluent Hindi :p

Fluent in Swedish and English. I have been studying French for 5 years but I'm really bad at speaking it.

Back