• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ghost Umbrella Reaction?

Marceline

Jedi Guardian
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Chocolate Cake
Cake
Mailbox
I've been meaning to post about this for a while, I can't seem to get the event out of my head. I was over at Glaceon's town a few days ago. I had my ghost umbrella with me. I walked past Bunnie, and she frowned like this: :C and kept looking at me, before running away. Not walking, running. (The animation was different, so it looked as if she was running, but it was at the same speed as walking)
Then Glaceon showed up and ruined the fun by talking to her. Afterwards the frown turned into her usual smile: C:
Glaceon mentioned that Bunnie said something about 'Ghost stories' or whatever.

I managed to snap a picture, though it isn't so clear. You can tell she is disturbed by my umbrella.

attachment.php

What Bunnie usually looks like:

Bunnie.gif

Last edited:
That's... hilariously adorable. I need to try this.

It was! And also bizarre... since I've never had that happen before. I didn't know it was related to my umbrella until after Glaceon told me what Bunnie said. I thought Bunnie was frightened of me. xD
I tried to make it happen again to get more screenshots... Bunnie doesn't react anymore ):

I had one of my villagers talk about ghost stories, perhaps it was just a coincidence?

aren't you doing an emotion in the picture which would make her give you a sad reaction, so it has nothing to do with the umbrella?

I had one of my villagers talk about ghost stories, perhaps it was just a coincidence?

Maybe, its nice how she pulled the face. ^ ^

aren't you doing an emotion in the picture which would make her give you a sad reaction, so it has nothing to do with the umbrella?

Nope, I was walking forward to try and prevent her from moving so I could get a picture of her face, and I just happened to blink. xD

Makes me wonder if it happens with Erik, because if I recall correctly in my old town, I had Erik and he always carried a ghost umbrella when it was raining.

Ooh, that's cool! I always use the ghost umbrella but I haven't had any reactions to it at all. But it can't just be Bunnie!

Ooh, that's cool! I always use the ghost umbrella but I haven't had any reactions to it at all. But it can't just be Bunnie!

I've tried walking past all my villagers, didn't work. Tried Bunnie again, didn't work either... Unless I did something specific back then, I don't know how I triggered this event. o.o
Best of luck, hopefully you can frighten a villager! If you do, be sure to take screenshots! :)

I remember once I saw Tangy walking around and her mouth was wide open and smiling like :D instead of it bein closed like it normally is. Creeped me the fudge out. I'm not sure if I was carrying the ghost umbrella though.

Ah I love that expression of the ghost blob thing on top of the umbrella XD
But wouldn't it be because Bunnie got upset by another villager and you just happened to stumble upon her afterwards??

I love this thread and the cute pic! I now hope to be able to scare my villagers with it, even if only on Halloween. :D Well, I know I probably can't, and I'd feel sorry for them even if I did, but the idea is very cool and it is worth a try. Even if her frown is a fluke, it's a great pic!

I saw it in the store 2 months ago and I bought it because it was very cute and a basic color~

Omg I need to use my ghost umbrella then! I hope this happens to me and someone gets scared LOL

Back