• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

--READ THIS--

SL92

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I do not like it that many, many, MANY DS owners aren't opening up and trying purely innovative games. Games that would last a lifetime longer than a typical RPG are being completely ignored. Here's the list of top ten sold DS games:

Nintendogs (6.91 million)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (4.44 million)
Mario Kart DS (4.43 million)
Super Mario 64 DS (3.72 million)
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (2.85 million)
Dr. Kawashima

I actually hate the DS functions. Besides the 2 screens and Wi-Fi. My bottom screen gets too dirty, due to the touch screen. And I can really do without that. Not many people use the touch screen anyway.

I'm surprised Kiby isn't there, I love that game. Using the stylus to make a line for a ball to travel through levels is awesome! Electroplankton isn't sold at retail stores. Magnetica, is that even out yet? I mean, Kirby impresses people, but games that aren't part of a famous series probably aren't going to be successful. You can't expect people to be forced to buy those games. Also, some of those games that are "innovative" or use the DS's new functions are sometimes not the best games, but NSMB, MKDS, ACWW, MPH, those are the best games, and they are going to sell.

[quote="Shadow_] I do not like it that many, many, MANY DS owners aren't opening up and trying purely innovative games. Games that would last a lifetime longer than a typical RPG are being completely ignored. Here's the list of top ten sold DS games:

Nintendogs (6.91 million)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (4.44 million)
Mario Kart DS (4.43 million)
Super Mario 64 DS (3.72 million)
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (2.85 million)
Dr. Kawashima

PKMNMasterSamus said:
I'm surprised Kiby isn't there, I love that game. Using the stylus to make a line for a ball to travel through levels is awesome! Electroplankton isn't sold at retail stores. Magnetica, is that even out yet? I mean, Kirby impresses people, but games that aren't part of a famous series probably aren't going to be successful. You can't expect people to be forced to buy those games. Also, some of those games that are "innovative" or use the DS's new functions are sometimes not the best games, but NSMB, MKDS, ACWW, MPH, those are the best games, and they are going to sell.
You're right. Magnetica came out a week ago, how could it have sold a million that fast? :\

And you're right again, too much innovation = GIMMICK! Look at Sony's Eye of Judgement. Self explanatory right there. But then again, look at Electroplankton. Fun for 5 minutes? Sure. Classic? Nay! Fun to pick up when you're bored? Of course. Will it be as fun in the future? NO!

Online play isn't that innovative, Bul. For Nintendo, maybe. For someone who owns an XBox, no.

[quote="Shadow_] Online play isn't that innovative, Bul. For Nintendo, maybe. For someone who owns an XBox, no. [/quote]
But who the heck needs innovation anyway?

I'd be perfectly fine if the Wii had the old controllers. Speaking of which... I have an idea for an article that debunks innovation as a whole.

Back