salarian

flower fan
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I've been trying to make blue rose hybrids for a while now, but for some reason I've only been getting red.
I'm using black and purple roses, my town has the beautiful ordinance, and I time travel sometimes.
Am I doing something wrong? Is the time traveling affecting it, or are they just really hard to obtain?

Blue Roses are made from the following:

Red and Red Roses
Red and Orange Roses
Blue and Blue Roses (Best combination)

And as far as I am aware, hard to breed

Blue roses spawn from red roses that spawned from purple and orange roses.

Complicated, I know. :x

That's a lot of work for blue roses. I can understand why people sell/buy them. I'm not that desperate though lol.

Really? I wonder how people have the patience for this stuff. I'm not too big on pansies, though. Or Cosmos u__u

Me neither, lol. I bought my blue roses, and purple pansies. I have very little patience. @_@

I'm still unsure myself. I'm getting mixed messages online and just from these posts.

yeah I keep seeing different "formulas" too. I started out doing black+purple like I've always done (the only purpose of black roses if you ask me) and then I started seeing all the other ways you're supposed to do it. Right now I'm breeding red + purple and setting the red offspring aside to try and breed together. No idea if it'll work. It doesn't help that my townies plant flowers like mad; I can never be sure if a red flower is really a hybrid or just plopped down by Graham or Patty....

purple pansies are rare? (uhoh I better start saving the ones I breeded)

Yep. Red pansies that spawned from blue pansies are paired up to spawn purple pansies. Which, I'll add that the percentage of getting red pansies is rather low.

It doesn't help that my townies plant flowers like mad; I can never be sure if a red flower is really a hybrid or just plopped down by Graham or Patty....

Tell me about it x_x

And I am breeding for Purple Pansies, currently still at the trying to get Blue Pansies stage xD

I didn't wait to get them spawning in my game, I just bought/traded until I had a pair of blue roses from other people, and then use those to breed more c: I do that with all my hyrbids and it works a charm, the only rare one I got on my own was a single black rose by luck haha but then I bought a second to make a pair and breed form there ^^

Still needing black lillies, blue pansies and violets and purple pansies XP I'll have to buy a pair of each sometime when I have spare bells.

You'll need to breed Purple + Orange to get Special Red roses. Please note that these roses look identical to the normal red roses.

Then breed these Special Red roses together to get Blue roses.

Took me a few months of time traveling to get my first one, so you'll need either luck or patience.

You'll need to breed Purple + Orange to get Special Red roses. Please note that these roses look identical to the normal red roses.

Then breed these Special Red roses together to get Blue roses.

Took me a few months of time traveling to get my first one, so you'll need either luck or patience.

I am just going with what a website said, I haven't tried breeding Blue Roses myself. If the person above actually has experience with getting Blue roses with Purple & Orange then I say go with that.

It may be that it is possible from both combinations though, but it could prove a waste of time to try the other and get nothing :/

I have also heard of someone eventually getting blue roses from breeding red roses together that have spawned from purple x orange roses.
I have some purple and orange roses arranged in my town, but nothing's spawned from them yet. :(
Keep in mind probability when trying to breed rare flowers. If you have tons of flowers arranged to breed more common hybrids (like red x white roses, red x white cosmos, etc.), then I bet the chances of a hybrid breeding from a very small patch (like the special red roses to breed blue roses) becomes tiny. You're more likely to breed more of other hybrids if you have large patches of them because of probability. So if you're really dedicated to get rare hybrids, it might be best to limit other hybrid-growing plots around town, which will hopefully raise the chance that you'll get the hybrid you really really want instead. Selective watering and fertilizer use might help as well.

Back