• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Catching a bee

I couldn't for the longest time, but I finally managed to catch a few last year. The only weird thing about it is that it kind of goes through an on/off rotation for me. If I catch a bee, on the next attempt I'll be stung, then I'll catch another, and get stung at the next interval.

No, I still haven't caught it. the bee and that one fast dragonfly are the last things I need to catch and it's been like three years now. :(

I caught lots of bees. It's really tough at first, but once you start getting a few, you can get the hang of it.

I have managed to catch one in the gamecube version when I needed one for the museum. It only took a few tries for me. I've also managed to catch them in NL.

Never once caught one in WW or CF.

hmm, I've caught a couple of bees from shaking out a beehive I usually run up north or down south and quickly equipt my net and with the right timing and everything you should be able to catch and sell it ect.. Usually I just run away or find a building xD

Yeah, back in 2002! They froze the action on the screen when you opened your inventory, so you needed to only be quick. It's Wild World on they kept the action going even though your inventory is open- takes the spinning trick to catch one in WW and CF, at least they delay it long enough now with NL that you can easily get them by using the button to instantly equip your net instead of opening your inventory (thank you City Folk).

I haven't able to catch one, yet. But now that I know, I can use my net while shaking trees, that will help a great deal.

I think catching bees are easy in general tbh, just use the inventory turn around trick and your good to go

I tried to shake tree with my net and it did not work! I ended up hitting the tree instead.

I had three tries again today, but I ended up getting stung. What can I do? I tried running, far enough to pull out my net and turned around facing the right way, but I'm always too late.

i never caught a bee in any of the games. i'm absolutely petrified whenever get a beehive... especially the noises it makes when it catches you.... it sounds like razors shredding through your character's face!
i'm trying to man up and catch one at least ONCE, but i feel like a wuss.

Last edited:
well it definitely takes a few facefuls of stings before you get the timing down to snag dat bee, but its worth it!!

Back