Best way to remove unwanted villager?

Does anybody know what's up with villagers telling you they're going to move on a certain date, and then, even when you tell them "ok, bye" they're like, "but wait I'm staying!!" It's annoying the crap out of me. Is there any way to avoid it and make them REALLY leave??

I'm pretty sure it's completely random which villagers decide to leave. The "hit them with a net!" rumour has been around ever since I started playing AC about 10 years or so ago, and I'm really not sure how as, while it can be satisfying, there's no absolutely evidence it does, or ever has, done anything. However there is a way you can speed up the process which was mentioned further up in the thread, involving time travelling.

This is my experience too. I'm currently aggressively befriending Sylvia the kangaroo. I don't really mind her, actually, but could she have chosen a worse position for her house (right in front of the bridge that leads to the event plaza)? I think not.
A friend of mine had the exact same thing, build a beautiful bridge leading to the plaza in a narrow area yet somehow, perfectly placed as close to the bridge with only one square around it to spare Diva moved in. :/

Does anybody know what's up with villagers telling you they're going to move on a certain date, and then, even when you tell them "ok, bye" they're like, "but wait I'm staying!!" It's annoying the crap out of me. Is there any way to avoid it and make them REALLY leave??
A friend of mine...the same as mentioned above actually (lol she can't catch a brake XD ) had this too kinda, she asked Kabuki to leave, he said yes, then she talked with him again and he said because she was insisting he should leave he was gonna stay...out of spite...I mean what the...

Okay so to avoid this, after you tell them bye the FIRST time, you ignore them until the day they move out. On that day, you still don't talk to them. Then they'll leave without all that bs about staying.

Back