• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Path Town Stone tile - Blends Perfectly!

ItsaTobis

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey everyone, I saw that a tile set to match the Town stone was in high demand so I decided to spend a bit of time making one.

HNI_0057.JPG

There are four (4) designs that are arranged in a square. For this reason, I did not border the tiles -- there would be 44 designs required to make every combination (48 if you were fancy and added inside corners)!

The color is slightly off, but that can't be helped.

HNI_0066.JPGHNI_0060.JPG
HNI_0062.JPGHNI_0061.JPG

It's a shame that it's just a couple shades off. But oh well very neat! thanks! :)

Yeah I should say "near" perfectly. They didn't have the right colors as options -- I've made a lighter version but in my opinion is just stands out more.

nice job! besides the tiny shade different I almost couldn't tell it was a pattern from far away

Great job! I would love to have something JUST like this, only with some kind of subtle edge to be used as like stepping stones. Just to look more finished standing alone. Just one pattern and only with these colors. If anyone knows of something like that please send me a message :)

Really, great job. I could never do this!

I really like this path but could you possibly make a variation so the edges end, Maybe add a border or something? I want to use it to make paths but sometimes the edges don't match. Sorry if you don't understand me =x

Edit: Nevermind, found what I was looking for

Last edited:
This is awesome work, I think I will use this for my paths until I eventually find one that has a dirt border. Thanks

Very nice! I am curious though..for path purposes, would you be willing to try one that loops? like every 2-3 so it could connect properly? This is almost exact, but it wouldn't work too well as a path I see, ther edges don't connect.

Very nice! I am curious though..for path purposes, would you be willing to try one that loops? like every 2-3 so it could connect properly? This is almost exact, but it wouldn't work too well as a path I see, ther edges don't connect.
I've made a pathway that sort of looks like the town stone, I'll post a topic soon for it. As far as these go, they fit in a 2x2 grid.

You're so talented!! you should try to make a grass pattern that matches the grass in new leaf, if youre ever bored and up for a challenge *holds out bags of bells* *wiggly eyebrows* ehhhh EHHH ??! ;D

I think if you went to the shades of blue that- go to the lower left 4 boxes, then out of those go to the upper right. i tried it and i got the colors right- but cant figure out how to make the shape :p. can you upload a pixel image of them so i can try to make them the right color?

Thanks in advance!

Back