• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

What greetings or catch phrases have you taught your villagers?

I accidentally set Julian's catchphrase to "cutie pi" (get it? get it? 3.14??? sob) and it spread temporarily throughout my town.

Leading to this deeply unsettling dialog:
NJ7nbh8.jpg

I avoid changing their greetings and phrases as much as possible, but I changed Cookie's greeting to "Bite me <3!" because of her name.

I really lost touch about this, because everyday at least one villager will ask me to change his catchphrase, grrrrrrrr.......

I've taught them a lot of weird, inappropriate, bad influence phrases early on in the game. Now I'm over it and always tell them to greet me saying "Purps" which is my nickname. And change them back to their original catch phrases and now keep them the same when they ask.

Gaston's greeting is "Hey funny bunny!" Because he is my funny bunny <3

Stitches' greeting is "Hi stuff and fluff!" His catch phrase is also "fluffin'"

Hopper's greeting is "Hi fishy wishy" mostly cause penguins eat fish. xD But his catchphrase is "penguuuuuuuuin"

In the same light as Hopper's catchphrase, Vesta's is "baaaaaawesome" I thought it was funny. xD

Tex's greeting is "Waddling penguin" and his catchphrase is "waddle". I'm a little mad now because he taught Bunnie "waddle." -_-

for genji it was "b-baka!!", which caught around and everyone was saying it and it was just awful. i also taught buck "bbgtrreed" or something along the lines of that because i was in a rush and eventually that caught around which was just as bad as "b-baka!!".

Heh. I just made up random crap most of the time.

Wolfgang's current greeting is "Gimme a pizza", which makes lots of conversations more amusing. His catchphrase has changed many a time; it's been "spengey", "tacos", "I'm fluffy", "flih", and the list goes on.

Harry's catchphrase, before he left, was this:
Amazing Catchphrase Skills.JPG

Samson's greetings and catchphrases used to have a TF2 theme. At one point his catchphrase was "pootis POW"; then at another point it was "sandviches".

Agent S' catchphrase was "herp derp" at first, which was the same catchphrase I gave her in Wild World. Somewhere along the line it was "I will eat you", based off of Painis Cupcake (TF2-inspired character, look it up on YouTube).

Gabi's is "I need to move". Can you guess why?

Finally, using the power to change Kitt's greeting, I got this heartwarming dialogue a couple days before she moved away:
HNI_0077.JPG

I have willow saying "Salut, sweetie" as her greeting. i think it sounds kind of fancy and very her :>

I made Chops say "Tally ho" and Blanche "Spot of tea?" Haha. :p Although that caused her to aggressively ask me if I want tea. D; "Spot of tea?!" NO THANK YOU, GOODBYE.

Now that I think about it, I should've made her say "Hello, peasants." Darn.

Last edited:
for catchphrases, moe says "tuna" and kid cat & agent s say "citizen" c:

I made Lolly say "lilacs" and Maple say "bother" .. they're so cute :p

I've taught some of mine to say swag or bam.

I hate greetings because I'm uncreative and I say no whenever they ask me for one. As for catchphrases, I try to match the villagers individual style or animal. They're still uncreative but it's better than greetings...

Back