• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What greetings or catch phrases have you taught your villagers?

Felyne's catchphrase is "myah, see"
Marshal's is "yawwn"
..And anything else I tried to give my villagers has been replaced by Gonzo's catchphrase, "mate."
all of my villagers are australian rip

I try to make their catchphrases something like "darling", or "my dear". Something that makes it seem like they're directly addressing the player. It doesn't matter, though, because everyone seems to want to pick up Lobo's catchphrase.

A-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

It's all Drag Race stuff:
"Shantay, you stay"
"Sashay away"
"No tea no shade"
"Yaaass Henny"
"Ockurrrr"
"BEAST!"

I've had people visit and tell me that my villagers say weird things haha ;)

Cranky- I hate it. Or, It's fine.
Snooty- Thank you. Or, Sorry.
Everyone else is Japanese stuff like Kampai or Konbanwa or Ohayo.
My sheep says Sayobahra. Like Sayonara but sheep so bah.

I recently changed Wolf Link's catchphrase to triumpfork because of that fish in Wind Waker. Too bad I was one letter short. It is still funny though.

Am I the only person that changes them to periods because I don't like catchphrases??

Some of my greetings and catch-phrases for my villagers are a bit inappropes, but always in good fun, too. :>

Ankha's catchphrase: "lady"
Drakes greeting + catch phrase: "Got my money, ho!?" + "va-va-voom"
Fang's catch phrase: "oi vey"
Aurora's greeting: "Foly huck, HI"
Dotty's old greeting + catchphrase: "funky freeeeeee" + "mmmmm oh no"
Sparro's catchphrase: "like, meow"
Rocco's catchphrase: "Boop"

I recently adopted Ankha and her previous owner made her say "butt stuff". This is not the first time a villager I adopted said this..

i gave all my villagers in clarity a positive greeting such as "stay strong", "you're beautiful", etc

Some common ones include mah boi, homie, man, my man, bro, hon, and boi :rolleyes:

I made shep say "boof boof" instead of his original catchphrase "baaa man", I also changed Jitters catchphrase from "bzzert" to "y'know"
I change almost everyones greetings and catchphrases whenever they ask. The only one I've ever left original that I can think of is Bones catchphrase "yip yip"

I don't really change their catchphrases, but for the greetings, I have them all say "hello" in Mandarin, lmao.

Big Top asked for a secret spy name.
His greeting is Call Me James and catchphrase is Bond.

The dad cranky villager greeting is Dad Is Home and catchphrase is daughter.
For the superstar villager greeting is Wait Right Side and catchphrase is Plz.

I try to give my villagers catchphrases and greetings that are sort of like puns, or match their personality. Uchi villagers get a sort of sassy, bad girl saying, while I give jock villagers something about sports or exercise, so on and so forth. There's a lot of cute ideas here though!

Depending on their character design and personality, I change their greetings to different languages. For example, Marshal's is "Bonjour mon amour" since he would be the one who would greet people in the language of love even if he doesn't actually speak it.

Since my town is the USSR, some of them say "Comrade." Others I just left normal.

Back