• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's an effective way to plant trees?

Cazqui

∀З⊥əʁ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4001-9803-5434
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I'm trying to make a forest and an orchard, but I don't wanna go burying saplings or fruit right next to each other and find out they're not gonna grow at all.Should I plant them one at a time or should I dig up a field and plant that way or will what I said earlier actually work?

My suggestion is, if you want fruit trees, to cut down normal trees and replace them with fruit. If you don't want fruit trees, the best answer I can give is to experiment - just don't plant anything next to houses, buildings, Public Works Projects, etc.! :) But I recommend doing it one at a time so you don't lose tons of saplings.~
Happy to help the best way I can! :D

Go to the island and go on a tour that doesn't penalize you for loading up your pockets with fruit. (Butterfly discovery tour is good for this one.)

If you do that a few times, you can come home with 40 island fruits. Plant them everywhere, and it's no big deal if some don't survive. After they grow, replace them with other fruits if you want more variety or more of the regular fruit types in your town.

what I do to make sure that my trees aren't too close together is using holes as a place holder. for example, I'll dig a line of 5 holes. I'll plant in the first hole, skip the second hole, plant in the third hole, skip the fourth hole, then plant in the 5th hole. that way they're spaced out sufficiently.

what I do to make sure that my trees aren't too close together is using holes as a place holder. for example, I'll dig a line of 5 holes. I'll plant in the first hole, skip the second hole, plant in the third hole, skip the fourth hole, then plant in the 5th hole. that way they're spaced out sufficiently.

Yeah, this is what I do. My trees look damn good. I've got a little area with a fountain, flowers, a bench, a light, and then trees boxed around it like a fence.

Any spot where a tree is will guarantee that a tree will grow, if you want to chop it down and replace it with a different kind of tree.

Other then that, there's not much you can do but just to plant and hope it's not a dead spot.

Back