Eggs
Old Eggs
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
ど
う
Cake
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
So I'm pretty sure my villagers are all getting back at me because I always send them shells as presents in the mail :/ All I ever get now are shells, and they keep showing up at the re-tail shop >_>

Anybody have any idea how to get them to stop? Or should I just buy their cowrie shells everytime they try to sell them to me for 1k each? <_<

This is happening to me, too. I sent everyone apples the first day, and they always try to sell them to me. I don't know how to stop it completely, but I would recommend not sending them any more. Since I've done that with apples, my villagers have been asking a lot less. I'm thinking about trying to actually buy the apples and see if that will get them to stop; I'm not sure, though.
Glad to help as much as I can! :)

Yeah, I dunno what to send them x.x I want to send them stuff in the mail for presents, but then that will just make them sell their "presents" back to me for extreme prices :/

So I dunno what to do really o_O

Since you are sending them shells, they have them in their possession and display them in their homes. Villagers randomly put um a furniture item in their home to sell in Re-Tail, so they put up the shells.

I just send my villagers duplicates of fossils, gyroids or clothes. It really helps boost their friendship

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't send them shells since they do count as furniture x.x

Are there items that villagers like more than others? Or are all items treated equally?

sorry this made me laugh really hard.. the notion that they're getting back at you haha. If I were you, I'd buy all the shells to get them out of my life and start sending them random furniture/gyroids/clothes that you don't want. keep in mind that each villager has a "style" that they like the most. here's an article that lists villager styles:

I like to send them fruit, because on occasion they give or sell me fruit that I don't have. So far I have received an apple and a orange, both are fruits I did not have yet. on a side note I have had to buy back or receive several pears and island fruit which I of course already have plenty of, but it is all worth it for the 2 new fruit.

Back