Theories on how to get rid of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowXZ

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'm making this thread so you can post your ideas on how to kick neighbors you dislike from your town. These are some methods that I've used that seem to work.

1. Mistreating your Villager

Constantly pushing your villager around and ignoring them isn't enough to get them to move out on their own.
You also have to visit other people's towns. When combining these two things I've had the villager I don't like be the first one's to say that they are leaving town. This method is slightly faster then the second one.

2. Play day by day/ time travel day by day

This method is more random and tedious then the first one. Once you reach your max of 9 neighbors eventually one of them is going to say they are leaving town. This is completely random and it does not matter if it is a villager that you have been treating bad or your best friend in town. However, if you time travel day by day eventually the villager you dislike will tell you they are moving away. You know a villager is moving away when you walk by them then they get an exclamation over their head. Be sure to talk to them because if it is a villager you like you need to tell them to say. This method is slightly more tedious.

Warning: This method might make your main villagers move away. To avoid this be sure to travel only one day at at time either forward or backwards and walk by all of them to be sure if someone is going to move out or not.

These are just my ideas I've experimented with that have produced constant results. Once the villager you don't like is gone you can use the method of "controlling" where the houses appear to get the neighbor you like to move in their place. If you work at it you can create the perfect town :)

The second one does work, I remember TTing in NL before starting a *true* game and one of my starter villager (Shari) moved. Then Diana (another of my starters) moved too.

And the first one is the best method. If I get tired of one of my villagers I'll try it.

I wonder if the villager that leaves moves into the other town using the first method if the person already has 9 people. I know when I tried it the villager left for the town, but the other village was already full.

I wonder if the villager that leaves moves into the other town using the first method if the person already has 9 people. I know when I tried it the villager left for the town, but the other village was already full.

Yes they do. My girlfriend had Olaf leave her town and he moved into mine as the 10th villager -__-

Except for Time Traveling and hoping that villager moves, and telling them they should move when they randomly bring it up,there is nothing you can do

I've tried mistreating and ignoring villagers but that didn't really work. It seems to be random, since Maelle, who I've never ignored or mistreated, was the one that asked to move out.

I'm almost 100% that it is totally random who moves. I have mistreated two of my villagers since day 1 and neither has offered to move. 1 even attended my Birthday like we were BFF's and yesterdays net beating never happened.

Instead, a villager I like, do chores for, buy presents etc is moving....

Ignoring them works for me. I ignored Vesta until Keaton told me she was moving out. At that point, I spoke to Vesta for the first time in days - she told me she was moving and asked my opinion: I told her to go. :)

Ignoring worked for me too... Ignored Quillson and a few days later I heard he wanted to move out. Next I want Drake gone (not because I dislike him, his house is where I want my police station x.x).

Other than the occasional small talk with Curlos, I selected the 'problematic citizen' option with Isabelle for around 4 days. Curlos informed me a few days ago that he would be moving out on the 27th. No time traveling or acts of mistreatment needed. :)

I wacked them w/ the net, ignored, & complained 3x days straight on all options to Isabelle about residents I wanted gone. Nothing.

Then I started to befriend a resident, which included encounters @ the store & a delivery quest. In a few days, he informed me that he was "full of confidence" & was ready to move .

Other than the occasional small talk with Curlos, I selected the 'problematic citizen' option with Isabelle for around 4 days. Curlos informed me a few days ago that he would be moving out on the 27th. No time traveling or acts of mistreatment needed. :)

Curlos is an adorable sweetie what is wrong with you

Yet again, there is no way to force them to move. They will move when the game decides that villager is up for elimination.

I thought the 10th villager moves into the campsite?

I though so too. But he moved out of her town on the 22nd and moved into my town on the 24th as my 10th villager. Funny thing is, I never said a word to him any time I went to her town.

Reporting an animal as a problematic citizen doesn't force them to move out. It resets them to their default clothes and catchphrase. At least, that's what it did in City Folk.

Last edited:
I thought the 10th villager moves into the campsite?

The villager in the campsite is random. However, you can convince him to move in if you like him. The campsite is a "Random Event" it's not a true neighbor.

Ignoring worked for me too... Ignored Quillson and a few days later I heard he wanted to move out. Next I want Drake gone (not because I dislike him, his house is where I want my police station x.x).

Hm, and did Quillson already move out? I really want to have this guy in my town... =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back