• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sony's conference seems delayed.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Throwing Beans
Sweet Balloon
Purple Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Check Gamespot.

He called competition "gimmicky." We'll see how he likes an upper-cut from Nintendo once the Wii is out... It'll sell in Japan for SURE, since Square-Enix is on board... Nintendo just has to secure the US, and it's in the bag.

Yeah, the whole conference so far is boring.

GT HD looks nice. :yes:

What was with that horn though? It kept beeping the same tune...

:p

Hey, all,

I'll be posting my impressions here...

-I saw Gran Turisumo HD... It looked pretty, but I was expecting a bit more from the PS3 and played on an HD TV... But I think it's because my computer moniter isn't the highest quality, so I'm not seeing it with the best quality... I'm actually almost certain it's that.
-They say that 25% of people will have an HD TV, but they didn't say when... Okay, so this means that they're basically aiming for... 25% of the market... Smooth...
-I am impressed with the number of dev kits they've sent out, however.
-Their online play seems awesome, but it's sorta hypoctrical that they call the Wii (indirectly) gimmicky, and release a GPS thing for the PSP...
-I LOVE the card thing. Very innovative and it looks fun! Kudos to Sony for coming up with this.
-They keep stressing that the PS3 isn't game only. *reserves judgement*
-Free online play, it seems, will be available. A hit to Nintendo?
-Downloading PS1 games on the PSP... EVERYONE'S copying Xbox Live, but I think that's a good thing, since Microsoft is a wonderful role model in this case.
-PSP-PS3 connection seems very nice... Details later.
-Genji, a medieval Japan-based game, looks pretty awesome; real time weapon selection, real time character changing, etc...

Overall, I still have yet to have a solid opinion, but we'll see once the conference is over. I'll be editing my thoughts in a bit later, once I see more.

Yes, those cards look pretty cool. (For those of you who didn't see: Eye Toy was used over a table and you put cards there and monsters come out of them.) But... the Wii will obviosly be doing something somewhat like this on a full scale, if you get what I mean.

;)

STORMTROOPER88888 said:
Yes, those cards look pretty cool. (For those of you who didn't see: Eye Toy was used over a table and you put cards there and monsters come out of them.) But... the Wii will obviosly be doing something somewhat like this on a full scale, if you get what I mean.

;)
Yeah, hopefully. This does seem like a complete copy of the Wii's controller. ;_;

Wow.. I don't mean to seem like a fanboy, but I have seen tons of things that seem like they are copying Nintendo. The guy just put in the PSP a downloaded game from the PS1..... hmmm... where have we heard about downloading old school games before? he makes it sound like it's playstation's original idea.

:blink:

STORMTROOPER88888 said:
Wow.. I don't mean to seem like a fanboy, but I have seen tons of things that seem like they are copying Nintendo. The guy just put in the PSP a downloaded game from the PS1..... hmmm... where have we heard about downloading old school games before? he makes it sound like it's playstation's original idea.

:b]
Actually, downloading content came from Microsoft.

The card thing looks very cool.

Omg, that golf game looks so neat!

Bulerias said:
STORMTROOPER88888 said:

:b]
Actually, downloading content came from Microsoft.
Well yah, but they didn't have a whole line of games... well because XBox was the first console for Microsoft.

And with that... Either Sony decided to plug it up due to the fact that, uhh, even the audience isn't really interested (I mean, only ONE GUY clapped when they showed Ridge Racer on PSP. ONE. GUY.), or Gamespot's servers exploded. Prolly the latter, as Sony isn't going to fall to peer pressure.

:p

Back