• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Orchard Wilted!

While I understand where you're coming from on this, I was planting in a planned area in the upper-right of my town where nothing else is. It was maybe 1/50th of my total town space and an area where I rarely found dig spots. Still, you're right. It is what it is and it's not like there's anything I can do about it. I think I'll slap a nice little yellow bench in there and plant some more trees outside of the dead spots and then cross my fingers they grow. I can at least be grateful that it looks like at least one of each type of fruit tree survived. So, woohoo!

Yeah, I learned this back in city folk and thought it was ridiculous. But now I kind of understand why. Orchards are something I no longer do solely because of this reason.

Well think about it, if you plant a million trees then there won't be any room for fossils and gyroids. Yeah it may be a flaw, but it's just a part of the game you just have to get used to.

And yet we can still cover our towns completely with flowers and patterns.

I'm more scared of neighbors moving and ruining spots than dead spots, at this point ;3; which is why I stick to planting mini orchards in locations neighbors can't fit in

I always thought that there was a certain amount of trees that were allowed per acre. (Like 16 or something) Any more trees than that and the sapling will die. I thought that was the case as after I counted trees per acre I did not have any trouble with dead saplings.

no you can definitely plant more than 16 trees per acre. TRUST ME. XD I have done so many perfect towns on ACCF and I have had acres with 21+ trees in it. These acres are the bad ones that caused that awful "Too many trees in some areas" rating... Actually 12-16 trees is the perfect amount per acre (not sure about this game because the perfect town thing changed a lot I think, and the town is a lot smaller). 12-16 (maybe 12-15) trees along with 4-5 flowers per acre is a perfect acre. At least on the older games.

Try planting the trees again in the same spots if you feel like it. Sounds like a bad idea but there's chances of growth and death I'm pretty sure. Maybe you were just really, really unlucky. But, if all the trees die in the same spots, it is definitely a "dead spot".

Back