Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

CrankyCupcake

overthinks everything
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Island
Littlestar
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
White Star Fragment
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
So I went on a Club Tortimer island trip today. My very first time. Hmmm. Very mixed experience. :confused:

First one to arrive was a guy wearing a mask. (He had an English name but I can't recall what it is now.) I said "Hello!" but he completely ignored me, ran around the shop, then ran away. :(

Second boy was from Japan. We exchanged greetings. He was very quiet. I suggested taking a tour, and he joined me. The second tour, I asked him to choose. We played two games together, the fishing one and the scavenger hunt and we did very well, winning gold medals. We returned to the island, and he was again very quiet. Before he left, he thanked me. I thanked him too. :)

Third arrival was a guy from Japan. He probably looked at the list of people on the island and realized I wasn't Japanese (going by my nick, which is Skinny, I wish I could write and display it in katakana) and left immediately! :(

Fourth arrival was a girl from Japan. She walked around in the shop but ignored my greeting and attempt at conversation. I was disheartened. I left the island soon after.

I wish there was some way I could type Japanese hiragana or katakana on my 3DS. I can speak the language a little. I used romaji but I don't think the Japanese like that.

What was your experience like? Did you get to play with island visitors who spoke with you in English? Is it impossible to make friends on a Club Tortimer trip? I mean, I'd love to make friends or at least have a conversation, why else would I have a Club Tortimer membership for? ;)

I'm too scared of confrontation with strangers for that. I am a Club Tortimer member though. Based on your experience, I'm more afraid to go now.

I only went there once, and there was no one there...I just assumed many people didn't used Club Tortimer and really haven't been back since. I might try again some time.

I am a Club Tortimer member though. Based on your experience, I'm more afraid to go now.

My experience was pretty mild, I think. It wasn't horrible or traumatizing. Just a little disheartening. I've heard of people getting chased and repeatedly hit by a hammer or a net or something like that. Eep. Anyway, don't be afraid. If you meet someone who annoys you, you actually have the option to "blacklist" the person so that you never meet him again. ;)

I went and the island was empty lol
2nd time I went it was just me and another girl for maybe 15 minutes. Played a few games, then said our goodbyes~

I met a japanese girl (forgot her name) and we played a few tours together, she was very nice and friendly.

Both times I've tried, the person who showed up didn't say anything. The second guy was worse, simply because he ran around scaring off the bugs I was trying to catch.

I just don't know what to do when people show up, so I haven't tried it much.

I played with a Japanese girl and she was the sweetest! She read English and spoke a little so it was ok to converse!

My 1st time: I went to America only, but there was no one there, so I decided to go to international... met this Japanese girl... OK, so I don't know ANY japanese AT ALL... so I just said hello... and I guessed she knew that word too, so also said hello... and now I was like: *yay, she knows English* so I asked ''how are you?'' But she started speaking Japanese :c so I said goodbye and left....

2nd time: Another Japanese girl, but this time I tried to talk with signs, so I was like (*.*)/ and she said some strange words *well, for me >.<* even though she knew I knew NO Japanese... but she was pretty nice ^•^ she would follow me everywhere and would clap when I caught something like a fish. Would do more of these "actions". After a while, I had to go, so I said the same thing as hello, but to say goodbye (*.*)/ and she started to ''cry'' which made me not want to leave :c

3rd and after: Well now I only go to play with ppl in America so I don't have any more problems with languages.

Thanks for reading!

I've met many Japanese already. It's hilariously fun to communicate with them, they're nice. Very fun experiences.
I exchanged friendcodes with three of them.

I only had a little bit of time to spare earlier today, but my experiences thus far were decent enough -

The first person I came across just kind of walked around and then left immediately afterwards.

The second one seemed like a nice girl and we ended up going on a few tours together.

The third was a lot like the prior experience, only a bit shorter.

All in all, I'd say it's a nice way to socialize a bit (assuming that they even bother chatting to you, anyways) and have more fun earning medals.

I've had nothing but friendly and cool people. When there are people, that is!! It seems empty a lot.

Yeah trying to communicate with Japanese people almost never works unless they speak even just a little but of English. Whenever I try to ask if they speak English, they just go ?あの...? (equivalent to"Um..." in English) and then remain silent as if I'm not there. I can understand bits and pieces of Japanese, but still not enough to really talk to them. T-T
I try to talk to them in Romanji but that obviously doesn't work. Oh how I wish I could type Katankana and Hiragana on my 3DS. D:

Oh how I wish I could type Katankana and Hiragana on my 3DS. D:

I wish that too! Is there no way at all with the 3DS?

It makes me wonder if the Japanese players now feel "invaded" or something (or maybe just inconvenienced) with so many of us non-Japanese speaking players on Club Tortimer. And our numbers will only grow. I went on another Club Tortimer spree after the first time and had a couple of Japanese players arrive on the island... only to leave instantly. Makes me sad. :(

I haven't been to the island yet but I'd like to see what Club Tortimer is like. Sounds like language barrier is a major issue. Shame there's no filter or something. Wish I knew how to speak Japanese but I really don't have the drive to learn another language.

The first time I went I met a girl who was really happy to see me, sicne she only met japanese people there before and she couldn't communicate very well with them. We talked for a while but then my wi-fi ****ed up and I got an error message. :c The second time I was with a boy and he was only very quiet.

I hope the Japanese learn the Romaji is the only way we can communicate with them. Konnichiwa!

My Experience:

I met this girl who was Japanese. I don't know if she imported the game or not, but she sure knew English. We caught bugs, fish, and even a couple of tours. We both got scuba gear at the end of the day!

Back