Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

Is CT worth it?
For exclusive items, yes.
For trying to find new friends or go on tours, at least half the time.
For making hella bug money during the day, you need the patience of a saint and the caution of Navi.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I'd say overall it's relatively worth going.

My experiences always vary.
The people I match up with are either really nice or really rude.
I don’t go that often, and if I do I tend to lock the island so nobody can join me, it’s not worth the hassle of catching a load of stuff and then someone disconnecting or flipping their switch for a ridiculous reason.
I only really use CT to beetle hunt during the day and like I said I usually lock the island :)

I usually have nice people, I usually go only to NA island around 9am when there's less kids.
I sometimes lock the island too.
I mostly ignore rude people.

I buy what I want, and ignore everyone.
Then get out ASAP.

It gets pretty slow when people start showing up, and I get Resetti popping up with an error.

I lose what I've bought when that happens, that's why I'm quick to come and go.

When I get there and there's someone else with me, I look to see what their TPC is like and then ignore them lmao. I'll only talk to them if they talk to me first

one time I went and there was this girl who kept saying "tour" and then when I didn't respond she was like "TOUR NOW" and I was like "okay geez" so I went and started a tour and she told me to sit down, but I tried telling her she had to sit first she didn't listen so I went without her...

idk if she's just stupid or wanted to be alone lol

and how do you lock the island?

Last edited:
If you're alone, start a tour, but don't go on it.
No one can arrive. :3

and how do you lock the island?

If you arrive and there’s people there already, go on a tour alone. Then as soon as you return choose another tour but don’t go on it. Whilst there’s a tour pending nobody else can come to the island.
If you’re alone upon arrival just choose antour and don’t go on it. :)

I went there one time and somebody gave me 8,000,000 bells after some house renovations, upgrades, and shopping sprees I have nothing.

In my former town, Snowtree.I decided before resetting to visit Club Tortimer for once.I went and met a pretty nice girl, we went on a few tours.When we got back from our fifth there was another guy.In my time, EST it was 2 AM.We came back to no trees and holes scattered around everywhere.The girl then typed, "Now what the heck :/" I replied with IDK and then the guy said:"Give me all a crown and I'll stop."I ignored him then equipped a wetsuit and went swimming.He then said a really bad curse and flipped the switch, I haven't seen the nice girl since and I hope she's doing ok.

I haven't used it a whole lot but when I did lots of children would beg for bells or ask if I could buy them souvenirs with medals.

just met some person named josh. He said he was poor so i have him a pocket full of cash. told him to pay it forward and use his powers for good.
I hope I didn't get scammed. oh wel l

Bell beggers.

Also some random kid calling me a sl*t.
It was the 3rd time meeting him last night and him pulling that crap... So I taught him how I was his Mom.
He ran away.
Muwahahahahaha

i was actually surprised when i found out people on this forum really don't like club tortimer or barely go there.
majority of my acnl experience and online play revolved around it.

i've made tons of friends and funny memories on it. most of the friends are inactive now (only like 2 from club tortimer still play?)

since i've started playing acnl i went to club....though sometimes i wish i was older then cause oh boy was i childish. i did make myself a fool at times but thinking back at them now, its all just a funny memory :D

here are some favourite club tortimer memories that i still remember:

-sometime in 2014-2015 there was this dude called AbdallahSmash026 (?) and he was famous i think? idk but he played new leaf a few times and people watched his vids so yeah. One day there was this guy that pretended to be him (with a completely new character), with the same mii face and town name and everything. I asked him "where's all your badges and expensive clothes?" and he said "I restarted my town". i believed it (was 10 okay!!) and thought he was the real thing...cringe

-there was this girl named Ashley and i dont remember what happened but we were fighting or something...and i said "your jelous" and started making fun of me for spelling 'jealous' wrong and that my character name is dumb :/

-a japanese hacker was throwing wrapped tarantulas around the island. I didn't know how to hack back then so i was amazed. she was going to bring wrapped sharks too, but of course, the island errored.

-once i was chilling in the island hut and there were these two boys. one of them went up to me and said "kiss me" and the other boy went like "hey stop leave her alone". so they started fighting alot, swearing at eachother, and i got tired so i ran out of the hut...but then the rude one started chasing me, and the nice one chased the rude one, and we were running in a big circle for a while until i decided to error

-all of the times japanese hackers from 2013-2014 would bring beans and stuff and drop them on the floor for everyone. and then the island would error. :D

my all-time favourite one here:
-i was with a group of friends on the island. one of them named Liam was afk eating dinner. me and the peeps were bored after a while, so i started pushing Liam around the hut. the girl (forgot her name) pushed him along with me, and i said "hey lets push em to his girlfriend Grams" (grandma that sits on the stool) and we pushed Liam over to beside her. Then we had this funny idea that we would make a wedding ceremony and married Liam to grams.
When he came back, though, it turned out he was watching us the whole time...and got really pissed...especially at me

Back