Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

the one time i went two girls hid behind trees and ran out and started hitting me with their nets. :( they never said anything and tried to corner me so I disconnected

the one time i went two girls hid behind trees and ran out and started hitting me with their nets. :( they never said anything and tried to corner me so I disconnected

How rude of them! If any player tries that on me they'll be in for quite the lecture.. I will keep typing at them until they either a) show appropriate remorse or b) give up and disconnect themselves. I hate typing in-game but the annoyance would be worth it in that case.

Some people just suck. :/

Oh my gosh, I've never had a bell beggar quite like this one. And screw it, he's so annoying I'll tell you who he is. Luke from Texas. This kid began rampaging after me as soon as I arrived on the island, ranting on and on about how broke he is and trying every tactic he had at his disposal to persuade me. There was already a Japanese girl on as well, who eventually got so annoyed with him even she told him to stop. Now, this was another night island, so there were literally thousands of bells' worth in bugs just sitting around.
I told him no, politely at first, suggesting that he try catching some bugs. I was even going to chuck some fruit his way (apparently he didn't realise that the stuff was worth over 2,000 bells a stack, as he hadn't touched it by the time I got there), until he continued. He kept asking why I wouldn't give him anything, like I was being some kind of utter monster. I told him I'd spent the time to earn my own money, so he could too; not to mention that he'd had the 1,000 bells to get here in the first place. He claimed he'd spent the last of his money to get there, but that he'd give me some money too if I gave it to him first. Logic. This is basically how it went from there:

"ok here" *drops 5,000 bells*
"USE THAT MONEY YOU IDIOT"
*picks it back up, saying nothing*
"You said you were broke, why you lying kid?"
"ok im not broke"
"there i told the truth"
"ok"

"...so?"
"i told the truth"
"cant we just be friends"

"Hell no"
"ok i see"
"Jesus christ, do you?"
"what"

And thankfully (never thought I'd say this), the island crashed after that. I did have the presence of mind to block him beforehand, so I'll never see him again, but daaaamn. Not once in all my years have I found a more irritating, whiney, downright pathetic beggar.

There was this girl who kept on asking for a 10 pound star. What is a 10 pound star? 10,000 bells? i was so confused and told her I didn't know what she meant. She replied, "What are you, 5?" and then basically called me dumb and then left.

I said in my mind, "I'm so sorry for being born with language receptive disorder." Geez, some people!!!

Ok, you know what I really don't get? You've arrived on the island, there's already someone there, so far so good. You decide to collect the fruit, but...every time you shake a tree, the other person comes up and snatches one of the fruit before you can do anything about it. Like...if they actually want the fruit so bad, why didn't they pick it before you got there? To me, it always just seems like another trolling tactic, and boy does it work. The types of people to do this also seem to be the ones who'll scare off the most valuable bugs just as you're about to catch them. Some players are just awful.

I will admit I'm one of those people who only uses Club Tortimer just to find island items that I don't already have.. meaning I will leave the island asap

I don't think I've ever come across any bell beggars yet though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also why on earth would anyone do beetle hunting through Club Tortimer? Just do it offline and not risk anyone scaring off the beetles

I do my beetle hunting on my home island as soon as it's late enough in the day, but until then you don't have much choice if you still want to catch any. In my case, I'll usually go because I have a horned beetle initiative, and I want to get it out of the way rather than waiting literally all day.

I do my beetle hunting on my home island as soon as it's late enough in the day, but until then you don't have much choice if you still want to catch any. In my case, I'll usually go because I have a horned beetle initiative, and I want to get it out of the way rather than waiting literally all day.

Ah that's a good point, I forgot that not everyone time travels! I've never even thought about using Club Tortimer for that

Lol yeah I would time travel, but it makes me too nervous XD
Also, yet another CT jerk! Jo from "killuall". Saw me about to catch a shark, and freakin' dived into the ocean right on top of it. They're not even trying to be subtle anymore.

I dunno, I'm always worried it'll screw up my flowers, even if I'm just travelling within the same day and I know it won't do anything >.< and I don't wanna get the beautiful town ordinance, because rn I've got the late night one and it's just so much more useful

I went to Club Tortimer for the first time on my new Mayor yesterday and someone said hi before I could escape :eek:
I just want silver axes, I don't want to talk to people :(

silver axes - not CT exclusives. When they have appeared for me (3 times in almost 4 years, that's not a lot) its been on my own island.
CT - I island hop for items - not just for the exclusives, cos some things (aka silver axes) are rare anywhere.

It is a bit antisocial to island hop as the game saves as you enter and saves again when you exit - for all players on the island.
I try to minimise it by staying in my own region and go around 2 or 3am (if I wake up & feel I won't get back to sleep).
Surprisingly there are still other players on - who want to go on tours & I don't want to at 3 in the morning. I say hi and try & explain I am island hopping, but my experience is its not liked.

Given I've been stopped from leaving/going on a tour by myself, several times (the other player opens their inventory) or wifi cut off by other player (losing item & medals used to buy it) - I've stopped going. Not overly worried about getting all the CT exclusives.

If you are after the rare items, well I'd go and be aware of what may happen - you could be surprised and meet really nice players, its not all bad.

I always go to the "local" islands because the global ones are always full of Japanese people, which isn't bad, but I don't understand or speak it so it's kind of pointless for me personally. So i stick to the NA islands and have met a lot of really nice people, usually very young people are 10-15, but on occasion I'll meet someone older. I've made several friends but they soon after being added drifted from the game so I've since deleted them. It's harder now to exchange friend codes and it's "discouraged" simply because someone could come destroy your town and they're kind of hinting at the whole "trust no one" thing. But I have met nice people, I've been to their towns and them to mine and we've helped one another, so there ARE nice people on the islands you just have to keep searching!

Had mostly positive experiences ~ Once some one gave me a crown and a couple of bells for free, that was nice. :3

I just go to CT to talk and hang out with other players and go on tours, the people that I meet there are mostly very friendly, there has been that odd couple of people that would cry for bells and beg to wear clothes that i'm wearing ~ had one girl harass me for my boots lol.

Last edited:
I don't really like going to the wifi islands.

I tend to run into people who want to talk, and get annoyed that I don't want to talk. I hate typing on that little keyboard, so I don't do a whole lot of talking.

I prefer the people who want to do tours, but I rarely run into people like that.

Really, the only reason that I go to the islands is to hunt bugs, fish, and sea creatures. I find that they re-spawn a lot faster on the wifi islands, than they do on my personal island.

Oh my god.
- Hop around islands for like 15 mins trying to find one set to nighttime
- Come across a twilight one, figure I can wait a bit
- Go on a tour so I can come back with no one else there
- Start setting up
- Another player arrives, starts cutting down the palm trees I had needed for the bugs
- God damn it
- Go on another tour
- Finally alone again, start setting up once more
- Two players arrive
- Suddenly, I can't pick up anything from the ground
- It's gonna crash isn't it
- *WHOLE ISLAND CRASHES TO HELL AND BACK*
- God damn it not again
- Start from square 1
- Find another twilight island
- Go on tour, come back to empty island, begin setting up, another player arrives, can't pick things up again
- Oh you are kidding me
- *YET ANOTHER CRASH I S2G*
- Give up and cry

-----

Strange little encounter just now...
Pink haired girl came along as I was setting up, asked what I was doing (just like every other sap I've met). I tell her I've had to explain to about 7 different people today already, that I'm setting up to catch bugs. She asks if those 7 people were cute, I say they weren't particularly, then she asks if I think she's cute. I say sure, kinda weirded out. She asks how old I am, I say 22. Now, just like most people who ask this her first response is "wow", followed by an awkward silence. She theb asks for my irl eye colour, I tell her it's blue. After another minute or so, she says she's leaving, but not before calling me "cutie". I was playing as one of my male characters, so that likely had a lot to do with it, but still...some kids...

-----

Ok, this is straight up weird. Not twenty minutes later, she happened to arrive back on the same island. Noticing I was there, she said "You...", like we were about to have some kind of showdown. I said "Yes, me", before hastily explaining that this was the same island we had met on earlier, in case she thought I was somehow trying to creepily follow her. She seemed reassured by that, and we kept talking.
Here's the weird part. She asked if I'g got a girlfriend yet, and upon me saying no, she launched into a bunch of rather telling questions. She asked what type of girls I liked, what type of boy I was, and if I "liked" her. Remember, through all of this I don't even know how old she was, even though she knew I'm most assuredly an adult. I felt kinda odd about asking her, and telling her that I am in fact a woman, so I just left the issues alone. Eventually I filled my basket, and kinda skulked off the island as this girl was practically halfway through asking me to go out with her. Never had that one happen before.

Last edited:
Babydoll106 - not sure if you are doing this or not - as you say: go on a tour on your own (while other players are on the island) to return to the same island refreshed with no one there (its the same island, made whole, with no other players) - at that point very quickly open a tour but do not sit down - you then keep the island to your self until you either leave or just close the tour to allow other players to enter.
If you do the latter you should keep what ever you have in your basket as the game saves as the other player enters.

My problem is I've never been able to go on a tour by myself to refresh the island (while other player/s are there) as they invariably open their inventory to prevent me going on said tour.

Ah, good point! I haven't tried opening a tour to keep the island clear before; I know tours can be cancelled by someone leaving the island, but probably not by someone arriving, which is kinda handy. When I go afk for a moment on the island, I keep my inventory or the basket open, just to make sure no shenanigans happen while I'm not looking.
As for people actively stopping you from touring: how rude of them! I've had it happen a few times, though I want to think it was unintentional...then again, every player does get the "please end the conversation" note at the top of their screen so I'm not too hopeful. Jerks gonna be jerks, I guess.

I've heard so many crazy bad things about CT that I doubt I'd ever use it. I have no patience for some of the things I see people putting up with. Is it really worth it? Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Back