• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

I've been on the island and the other person was just digging holes. It was too weird and unnecessary.

I think it would be cool to have real conversations with people on the island but it takes so long to type anything with the stylus!

My first visit was terrible... A Japanese girl who could speak English was hacking the island and setting up weird timers and throwing bells everywhere. I guess she did not like me, because she said some rather rude words and attempted to hack my 3DS, I tried to leave but the 'waters were choppy' so in the end I went to the home menu without saving. I met her two more times before blocking her. :(

My first visit was terrible... A Japanese girl who could speak English was hacking the island and setting up weird timers and throwing bells everywhere. I guess she did not like me, because she said some rather rude words and attempted to hack my 3DS, I tried to leave but the 'waters were choppy' so in the end I went to the home menu without saving. I met her two more times before blocking her. :(

Wait, how could she hack your 3DS? Or maybe she was just threatening you?

Two more! Once again on a night time island, and I'd already cleared it out to an optimal bug catching formation. Both people who I matched with were utterly hopeless; they approached from the north, scaring away 90% of the bugs they tried for, and of course ruined my chances too. And of course, they were both runners. On the island. While trying to catch bugs. I swear, some people literally cannot work out the most basic pieces of logic.
I'm currently just standing in a corner of the gift shop, until the most recent one leaves.

Last edited:
(Whoa classic, this thing double posted and now I can't delete this one, gg ACNL)

Last edited:
i went on club tortimer an hour ago and this was the result:
HNI_0015.JPGHNI_0016.JPGHNI_0018.JPGHNI_0019.JPGHNI_0020.JPGHNI_0021.JPG

then Emily errored because Bethany wouldn't pay her for the hair bow wig. i'm definitely not going to the island in the daytime anymore.

I feel like I've had more positive experiences than negative ones. I've met people that have given me free stuff as well as people I've exchanged FCs with. Of course, with the positive comes the negative. When I first got the membership I would bug hunt and fish, which got screwed up more often than not by immature visitors scaring away the fish or bugs (I no longer do that stuff on CT).

I've also ran into a 14 y/o boy who was trying to flirt with me by comparing me to the sky and everything. It was funny for awhile so I humored him and then left once I got bored with it. Other negatives have been bell-beggars, but I usually don't give in.

Oh, and I ran into a girl that kept yelling at me for some reason?? She said she remembered me and then got onto me for exchanging FCs with someone, but I don't remember meeting her ever. Nothing about her struck me as familiar. Ah well.

i only really only went to club tortimer when i was hunting the sea globe because it's a club tortimer exclusive, i dont like talking to people on the island. sometimes id try to catch sharks and people would arrive just when it was about to bite, so id get frustrated and leave most of the time. people also ask for bells a lot

Good lord, I just had the worst day on CT. Over an hour trying to find a night island (I had the "HQ horned beetle" initiative today), multiple crashes, and multiple inconsiderate jerks.
Just now, I was paired with a Japanese girl who would always run up just as I was about to catch a bug, either to snag it herself or just to be rude. She was tearing all over the island, and essentially making it impossible to catch anything. Eventually another Japanese girl arrived, and used much the same tactics. I gave up, standing directly in the middle of the palm trees on the right side of the island to stop anything spawning there. Spiteful and childish? Yes. Satisfying once they realised, and started uselessly whacking me with their nets? Also yes.
Having lost a full basket of bugs already today, I finally decided to go on a tour, just to make sure they would be saved this time. Lo and behold, a full minute of the save screen before it crashed yet again. Sometimes I hate the island, I really do.

Last edited:
I went there once and It was pretty chill and I've talked with a few people there but I got bored fast. I stay away from it because i feel like there's just abunch of kids there

I've only been to CT a few times while looking for cool items, but somehow I never really ran into anyone other than one french guy that took a few tours with me to help me save up for a white wetsuit. He didn't speak any english, but I know a bit of french from school so at least we were able to kind of communicate, and I was able to thank him for helping me before I left which was good :)

I am a member of Club Tortimer but I don't go there at all basically. Each time I have been there people mostly concentrate on catching bugs or fish. They don't talk much and I found the atmosphere awkward. And if they start to talk, it's mostly a languane I can't understand or the subjects they talk about are so... Weird. If they are going to tour, they don't wait others. In others words, so random people appears there and that's not comfortable at all. At least, in my opinion :D

In overall, I have had a pretty bad experience about it.

Last time I went (maybe 4 days ago?) I stuck around for a while. I decided to try just North America, which tends to be children or teens primarily, but at least you can speak the same language.

I caught a bug or two before one of the other 2 players asked about a tour. I needed some medals anyway so I said sure. The two of us toured a couple more times and chatted, til we shared FC. I wouldn't recommend it (and nintendo kinda tells you not to) but I lucked out. They seem pretty cool and we've visited each other about 2 times now ~

I haven't had any terrible or bothersome experiences on CT. Over the years I've met some lovely and very interesting people. I tend to forget CT is there for ages and then when I'm reminded I'll go often over the next few in-game days until I forget again lol.

I went to a few islands yesterday as one of my MEOW initiatives was for one of the big beetles (in-game time was morning, IRL was around 9pm). I had one very polite and well-spoken bell beggar (spelling and grammar were impeccable) who seemed confused by my willingness to reply politely but firm refusal to give bells - I told them to pick the fruit and sell it at home if they really needed bells.

Unfortunately I hadn't gotten the bug yet so I tried another island. I also had to buy an island souvenir (I really dislike that MEOW quest) and lucked into one with the whirlpool bath which I still needed. I lwas so excited about that that I left without the bug I needed so had to try again. I landed on an island with 3 people who had clearly been chatting and playing together for awhile. It looked like they were playing guessing games and maybe hide-and-seek or something like that. I was curious but this was my last in-game task before I could save and end and move onto the next day. Someone accidentally errored when I was nearly done filling me basket. I went back and one of them joined me but we errored again. I'd managed to save a bug in the interim as a new player arrived, so I called it a night.

It's not for everyone, and you definitely need to stay on guard and be very very careful about sharing any personal information (including your FC). But I enjoy my time there, or at least find it an interesting experience lol.

Last edited:
Back