• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

NL Prima guide - not as bad as I expected

DJStarstryker

Bells
Edit: OK, since I keep seeing comments about this post, I changed this first post a lot. Hopefully it answers more questions. If I'm missing stuff, let me know. I'm ShadowRisae on GameFAQs too, for those people who have been watching this post there.

Pros / What it does have:
- It's searchable. Items are also in sortable tables. Obviously, this won't apply to the print version, but I think by buying the print version you are eligible to access the digital version.
- Pictures for paintings, sculptures, bugs, fish, fossils, furniture, wallpaper, carpets, clothes, and accessories. Pictures of all non-neighbor villagers, to include the special visitors.
- Seems organized very well. But if you can't find something, again, you can search (digital only).
- Lists all store hours, to include what the store hours would be if you have early or late town ordinances (not all web sites/guides online list this!).
- A good guide for "Isabelle's tips" when you first start the game. Basically the main benefits are you can get a free non-native fruit, stationary, and get free tools from her. I don't think I've seen a full list of this online anywhere.
- Very, very good calendar, to include lists of catchable bugs and fish that month. It also gives pictures right there of all the bugs and fish. Also lists out info about the holidays and each person's birthday that month right there. It also talks about the exclusive holidays for ALL countries. I think it's the best NL calendar I've seen so far.
- How to unlock everything
- Good Happy Home Academy tips
- List and prices of all home upgrades and changes Nooks Homes can make to your house (no pictures)
- List of all public works (no pictures)
- Information and tips for the island, how best to get a lot of medals for each tour, a list of all the tours
- How to unlock the development permit
- Basic controls, how to use the tools, tips for playing the game, suggestions for getting bells
- Does tell you everyone's favorite coffee (have to cross reference on 2 tables though)

Cons / what it doesn't have:
- No pictures for fake versions of Redd's paintings and sculptures
- No pictures of the villagers
- No pictures and info for furniture that can be re-made
- No information on the turnip price patterns
- No pictures for public works projects. But if you want this, Jake from these forums made a really good guide right here.
- No pictures of home upgrades or Tom Nook's changes to your house
- Does not tell villager personality. At all.
- Pictures in the catalog are small.

I don't have the actual game yet, so I can't tell for certain if any info is wrong, but from what I know of the game, I haven't seen anything that's wrong.

Last edited:
Well this is a very good sign, because I just purchased mine on amazon today, and since you have the digital version those get updated from what I hear so that info may be added later!! but I'm glad it will be worth my $12 lol :)

TY for saying this! I must read it all now. So glad this was only 7 dollars

/edit omg it has villagers favorite coffees. yes

Well this is a very good sign, because I just purchased mine on amazon today, and since you have the digital version those get updated from what I hear so that info may be added later!! but I'm glad it will be worth my $12 lol :)

Yeah, it's probably going to be worth your money. I paid $6 or $7, whatever it was, for the digital copy (not getting the physical copy) and I think it was worth it. I was going to buy a Japanese guide just for pictures (to make it easier to figure out what items I'm missing) and most of the pictures I wanted are in the Prima guide. I'm happy with that.

You're right that the missing info may be added later. But even if it isn't, those things are pretty easy to find online. On GameFAQs there's a guide by Liquefy that covers info on the turnip price patterns. He also mentions which furniture can be remade and into what, though no pictures.

Eh, I would have liked villager pictures and furniture remakes especially, but it sounds worth it i suppose. I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

Nice!! I ordered mine from Amazon as well and it does sound worth it. Most of the stuff not in the book, I can easily look up. The calender is what I really wanted anyway :) Thanks for telling us!!

How can they be "sold out" of digital copies?

It doesn't have a villager guide with pictures? That was one of my main reasons I wanted it :/

Oh well. Still gonna get it. But I'll probably end up buying another guide with a villager guide. If one comes out. There was like 4 different guides for the Japan one.

The eguide seems pretty decent for the money (I paid $7 on preorder). Hopefully it will get some updates as well.

Responses to the cons:

-Well, they wouldn't look much different, would they?
-...Alright, that's pretty awful. I'm sure there's at least a villager section, even if it doesn't have pictures.
-Like I said above, I'm sure the furniture section is at least relatively comprehensive.
-(Response to the last 2): the AC Wiki has most, if not all of them by now. It's probably the most reliable, 3rd-party source.

I'm still getting the physical guide when I'm picking up my copy at Gamestop tomorrow; I've gotten the guides for WW and CF as well, anyway.

So... the digital version of the NL Prima guide is already out. I decided to take a look at it.

Pros:
- It's searchable. Items are also in sortable tables. Obviously, this won't apply to the print version, but I think by buying the print version you are eligible to access the digital version.
- Pictures for a lot of things, to include the real versions of Redd's paintings and sculptures.
- Seems organized very well. But if you can't find something, again, you can search (digital only).
- Lists all store hours, to include what the store hours would be if you have early or late town ordinances (not all web sites/guides online list this!).
- A good guide for "Isabelle's tips" when you first start the game. Basically the main benefits are you can get a free non-native fruit, stationary, and get free tools from her. I don't think I've seen a full list of this online anywhere.
- Very, very good calendar, to include lists of catchable bugs and fish that month. It also gives pictures right there of all the bugs and fish. Also lists out info about the holidays and each person's birthday that month right there. I think it's the best NL calendar I've seen so far.

Cons:
- No pictures for fake versions of Redd's paintings and sculptures
- No pictures of the villagers
- No pictures and info for furniture that can be re-made
- No information on the turnip price patterns
- Edit: Forgot this. No pictures for public works projects either. But if you want this, Jake from these forums made a really good guide right here.

I don't have the actual game yet, so I can't tell for certain if any info is wrong, but from what I know of the game, I haven't seen anything that's wrong.

Please, can you tell me the Holliday calendar for Europe? (Or the whole calendar :p )

Unfortunately the things missing - public works project pics etc are the things I would really want!

At least tell me the pictures in the guide are big enough that you can accurately tell what you're looking at. D:

Still waiting on my physical copy, argh! Waiting is so awful!

I'm not too concerned with Crazy Redd's fake paintings or with the turnip prices since that information can easily be found online. However, I am disappointed over the lack of villager pictures :C I already know what most of them look like, but a lot of the pictures on the wikis are of low quality so I was hoping for better images.

Does it give information on each villager at least? Like, does it tell you which personality they have, their coffee preferences, etc.?

To answer the villager questions - some people on GameFAQs asked me about that last night. NO, it does not list villager personalities. At all. I will add that to the cons. :( Here is what they actually have about the villagers. I will use Anabelle as an example, since she's first on the list:

Name: Anabelle
Catch phrase: Snorty
Birthday: 16 Feb
Sign: Aquarius
Skill: Jumping rope
Future goal: Judge
Fav Coffee: 4-B (and then you have to match it to the coffee list to see what an Anteater 4-B coffee is)
Fav style: Cute (meaning how she decorates her house)
Fav song: Aloha K.K.

That's it. No personalities, no pictures. And the annoying thing about the coffee is you literally have to match up info on 2 pages to see what coffee they like. At least it's there, I guess.

At least tell me the pictures in the guide are big enough that you can accurately tell what you're looking at. D:

dynamic_painting.jpg

That is a picture I took directly from the digital guide, in the Redd's art section. All of the catalog pictures are that size. The screenshots in the guide are much bigger.

Please, can you tell me the Holliday calendar for Europe? (Or the whole calendar :p )

I just missed this post. I guess I need to update the first post. Again.

I said the calendar in this guide is good. Well, it includes info for holidays FOR EVERY COUNTRY. :) You'll be able to see right there when it's a holiday in Japan, Korea, North America, Europe, etc and it lists more info about it.

Last edited:
Back