• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

IMG_2078.jpeg

after not having played new leaf for a few years, i decided to start fresh. i'm incredibly picky about my fruit, train station color, and general layout, so it took me a few hours of resetting to find a layout i was fully happy with (i expected as much going in, time sink didn't bother me too much) because i was already so specific about the placement of the plaza (close to the top or in the middle) and buildings. definitely did this one to myself, lol. not too picky about villagers, because they can always be moved out.
i've seen a lot of people avoiding oranges, but i actually really wanted them for my town! i have cherries on my new horizons island, so i didn't want a town with those.
i noticed after i had picked out my house location that my town only has one pond, which is unfortunate, but it's not a big enough thing for me to reset over. not particularly a fan of the s-shaped river either, but i'm definitely willing to work with it.
placed a bunch of patterns near my house, the plaza, and the train station so plots don't show up there- will probably remove those at a later date. although i was hoping for triangle grass, i ended up with circle grass. however, i like the star snow that gives!
overall, i'm definitely happy with the layout. the plaza being in the middle and re-tail being up by the tracks are things i'm super pleased with, and i got the oranges i wanted so bad! my museum is on the left like it was in my first new leaf town for extra nostalgia points. it's after midnight here so i won't be able to get as much done the first day as usual, but there's always tomorrow. :)

IMG_20220430_205646.jpg

Apologies for the awful quality. It took me one try to find this amazing layout. I saw it and instantly fell in love with how the river is shaped. I also love how the plaza is in the center where the river curves upward. Placing my villager's houses was very painful to get in the right place. I really love how my map looks for once.

Attachments

• IMG_20220430_205401.jpg
    IMG_20220430_205401.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 32
Main Town: Mocha
Mayor: Makaela
Fruit: Cherries
Villagers: Nan, T-Bone, Freckles, Hamlet, Puck, Lopez, (Katt is moving in tomorrow where the player icon is)

After a long time of not playing, I decided to reset my town and start again. I didn’t have a plan what to reset for, except I wanted to try for peaches/cherries, and to have room for me to put my house near the beach/cliff.

I love how the villagers clumped their houses near each other. Not sure if I’ll be keeping any of them yet, but might be worth stopping them from leaving until I can get some PWPs in the free space up north.

The downside - I do have a lot of rocks, about 8. Hopefully they won’t cause too many issues in future. I do prefer an eastern cliff too, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it!

Attachments

• 821826C6-EB18-4ACB-AFE3-A64730438713.jpeg
    821826C6-EB18-4ACB-AFE3-A64730438713.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
here is my map :P i moved the houses so they weren't in the way but i plan on letting them be more spread out later. am not a big resetter for layouts but i love the placement of the town hall and plaza. also i love it when my town only needs 2 bridges its so 👌👌👌
1652571863968.png

How do you add the image file? Whenever I try to add it, it says it's too big. :(
I upload my images to an image hosting website like imgur if they're too big. That usually fixes it. You can also put the image in a photo editing program like Paint and reduce it.

8f6df6da540306e9bae13600b5bca369.jpg

Here's a map of Grange from a month ago (It hasn't really changed since then). Some notable things:

Skye's got the only house in the bottom half.
People absolutely have to camp out next to the town hall because i didn't think about the placement until it was too late.
I really wish i could have a 4th bridge.
I started out with pears but i got a bunch of fruit from the island to replace most of the pear trees.
The town hall is next to my house, nice.
Monique decided to camp out in my town one day. She used to live in my Wild World town, so that was neat.

My town's got all sorts of randomly placed fruit trees and flowers, but i later put down paths and bushes to make it all somewhat coherent.
I don't like having a bunch of empty spaces so i fill everything out with more plants whenever i can. I didn't feel like watering the hundreds of flowers that i have all over the place so i activated the Beautiful Town ordinance as soon as i could.

As for the public works projects, i just went with whatever i thought looked best on a certain spot. I really value my rocks because money, so each have a 3x3 square of empty space near them.

Here's all the villagers that live there currently:
  • Greta
  • Skye
  • Doc
  • Viché
  • Zucker
  • Kidd
  • Victoria
  • Ganon
  • Peanut
And here's the ones that moved out but keep showing up on the Main Street:
  • Peck
  • Sydney
  • Miranda
  • Phoebe
  • Diva

Cool seeing how much variety there is to the maps, rare seeing one exactly like other

I’m over the moon about mine. As opposed to my launch day map this one only keeps growing on me. It has all the criteria I wanted: nice space for house above dock, waterfall next to that with room for a bridge, a horizontal secret beach of nice size, a peninsula for the campsite. The Plaza next to the Train Station wasn’t strictly on my criteria but feels great as a spot for tourists to be directed to, there ended up being room for a lookout next to the bridge (overlooking the awesome secret beach) as well as room around the Town Hall for extras and the police station, general great room for pathing, a cozy spot for a third player house, man this town is stacked. The spacing has just been absolutely incredible, I’m certainly taking some compromises with limitations in the game such as PWP spacing, but I’m yet to be making genuinely unsatisfying compromises.

7FA55D20-A5AD-4FD1-A152-7BCC056A2C22.jpeg

Here’s a rough map with pathing and PWPs. I forgot to include it but I would also put a trellis and instrument shelter above the town hall, and a garbage can under the cafe. The RSC location is still kind of up in the air, and I’m not sure unfortunately where I want the last two villager homes or final player house. I want to avoid making the upper part of town too empty, but I still like the wilderness. I know the pink text (PWP concepts) is hard to read, sorry about that.

6FAC3E21-E610-43C9-8A0C-5EC5E40476C6.jpg

here is my map :P i moved the houses so they weren't in the way but i plan on letting them be more spread out later. am not a big resetter for layouts but i love the placement of the town hall and plaza. also i love it when my town only needs 2 bridges its so 👌👌👌
View attachment 441512
How do you move the houses like that? Is it modded? I can barely remember to check for plots and reset lol!

2023_09_17_0qy_Kleki.png

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...my town map! I apologize for the bad photo quality, we don't have 3DS Image Share anymore...

My town's name is what I call Palmdale 2.0 (There was an original version of Palmdale, but I had to reset it, due to a long story with a certain villager who would just NEVER move out, and I decided to name the town to Palmdale again.)
The residents are mayor Hayley, T-Bone, Rod, Sheldon, Static, Pietro, Toby, Coach, Snake, and Claude.

I kept resetting my first Palmdale until T-Bone was one of my starters, can't recall how much I reset for him, and when I started the new version of Palmdale, I wanted to make sure my mayor was able to move in right next to T-Bone, because he is my favorite villager.

I've had the current Palmdale since November 11, 2020, I had the original Palmdale town I had prior to resetting on December 30, 2019.

IMG_1576.jpeg

I present to you: Utopia (same name as my island). I had my previous town from August 23rd until September 11th, but I decided to reset again due to reasons I’ve explained before, but I’m hoping I can stick with this town for a while. ^_^

Edit: My other two villagers are Astrid and Phoebe. I scanned them in via Amiibo. I wouldn't call Phoebe a dreamie, but she is an honorable mention, and so I decided to just scan her in to prevent getting a bad uchi. ^^

Last edited:
lemonmap.png

The map of Lemon★ as of today. :D
It's the town I've had since launch month. I don't remember what the original fruit was but I planted a bunch of lemon trees up north to fit the town name.

AYGG6VK.png

Here's my town map from the town I started in June 2023! My favourite bit is the town hall in front of the town tree. My native fruit here is apples and I currently have Grizzly, Filbert, Mott, Lionel, Flurry, Pashmina, Timbra, Renée, Spork, and Kyle - who recently moved in. I actually haven't had anyone but Cookie move out, I'll probably swap out one of my Lazy villagers for someone new down the line though, probably another Peppy villager. :]​

Back