Post Your Town Map

Cemetery is the perfect town for me so far. It has one of my dreamies and Bruce is a bonus cause I fell in love with him instantly. The town itself is inspired and will be based off of Aokigahara Forest near Mt. Fuji, but I also plan on incorporating Western aspects such as including Hela, the Norse Goddess of the underworld as one of the residents.

1106181457~2.jpg

IMG_20181108_120502.jpg

I am in love with my current map! I love how the town is split in two and how all the villagers move in below the river. Cherry is also currently building his house below the river (on the left to the most left house). I just need to get rid of Merry, which is the one villager living above the river. I plan on building all/most of my PWPs above the river, so there's like a residential area and a center with the shops and the caf?. I'm currently working on my first PWP, I'm building a bridge where the Gyroid is. :D

I love the little corner in which I built my own house, I plan on building a fruit vineyard around it. I also like how close the Town Hall is to the Campsite; I can imagine campers riding into town and visiting the town hall like it's a reception desk, and then drive on onto the Campsite. I don't have any problems with the two ponds around it - I think it's pretty cute. I'm going to make it a flowery area and will build the fountain there eventually.

I think this is one of my favourite maps, I don't see much wrong with it - although maybe it would have been nice if the plaza was a little more central. :) I still really like it though, I feel very inspired when looking at it. :)

Last edited:
537D6BE0-8C69-4A2A-9907-FC773F28A279.jpg
My layout isn’t anything special, but I like where my animals placed their homes, for the most part! Granted, this pic is from like a month ago, so the house directly under the train station is no longer there (thank god lmao)
I’m itching to get a second copy of the game soon, so maybe I’ll reset for a prettier layout for my next town.

I realized I never posted my town map, and now that I finally have a full town of 10 villagers all in the locations I want them in, I figured it was the perfect time to post. So, here's my map...

Town Map.jpg

My town fruit is cherries.

I have circle grass.

Current villagers:
- Grizzly (permanent)
- Mint (permanent)
- Hugh (permanent)
- Annalisa (permanent)
- Frita
- Chow
- Paula
- Sterling
- Anabelle
- Hans (semi-permanent, will only give him up to go to a second town if I create one)

I didn't reset at all for this map; it was one of the first four options I was given by Rover and I love it. I really like my river shape and the long beach. I went through a stage where I wasn't thrilled with some of the main building placements, especially Retail being so far from the dock, but now that I've built up the town with PWPs and landscaping, I quite like it and wouldn't change it at all. I do regret my placement of the campsite, but I'm making it work. :p

Blurry map i need an elgato

If you want a better picture of your map, all you have to do is talk to Isabelle and tell her to cancel a public works project. Doing so will bring up a picture of your town map on your top screen, which you can then screenshot and proceed to Image Share. No capture card required.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm currently on the train finding a map for my second town, Fireleaf, so expect a picture of that shortly.

I love the name Fireleaf! I haven't seen a town named anything like that before.

Thank you. I specifically did a Google search and TBT site search, both of which brought up no responses. I wanted to make sure this name was unique.

I was finally able to take a screenshot of Fireleaf's map. So far, this is my favorite New Leaf map I have ever played in.

00015.jpg

Native fruit: Apples
Grass shape: Circles
Residents: Gruff, Egbert, Moose, Kid Cat, Bertha, Robin, Canberra

Pros:
- It has 6 ponds, the maximum a town can have
- Each pond is a different shape, adding some nice variety
- That east strip of land will be good for growing fruit
- Re-Tail is fairly out of the way, so it won't clash too much with my other buildings
- Some good starting villagers

Cons:
- Beach ramp isn't what I wanted
- Kid Cat's house location (this is only temporary)

I honestly can't think of anything else I dislike about this map. Even the beach ramp I can easily get used to.

Welcome to 12☆! Love how my retail/townhall/plaza are all together. Do ignore the villager house placement, I'm intending to move them to the bottom half of the river (see 2nd pic).

IMG_5956.jpg

photo_2018-12-24_01-51-56.jpg

Welcome to 12☆! Love how my retail/townhall/plaza are all together. Do ignore the villager house placement, I'm intending to move them to the bottom half of the river (see 2nd pic).

(img)

(img)

What do you make that grid layout with? I saw someone else with the same thing and I'd want to plot out my town like that as well

Last edited:
What do you make that grid layout with? I saw someone else with the same thing and I'd want to plot out my town like that as well

Excel! Google sheets works too. You can read up on it here. I used this template for my planning. i dug holes around my entire town to count where everything was (with a new character so that I could force close the app once I'm done with no dmg done to my town). :p Think it took me ard 2+ hours?

Excel! Google sheets works too. You can read up on it here. I used this template for my planning. i dug holes around my entire town to count where everything was (with a new character so that I could force close the app once I'm done with no dmg done to my town). :p Think it took me ard 2+ hours?

Oh that's really handy, thank you!

Hey guys! I've decided to start a brand new town for the coming year! I'm currently resetting for maps and I've been feeling a little overwhelmed and overly critical, lol. I have this weird anxiety about making the final decision on what to go with.

I came across this map and it's giving me some design ideas and I wanted to see what you guys think. I was going to put all the villager houses below town hall in two even rows, with the pond in the center. For my house I'm not quite sure yet, maybe down in the peninsula on the right.

Attachments

• 20181227_193933.jpg
    20181227_193933.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 469
pprAfiI.jpg

This is Honeybel! It's my main town, and I'm very happy with it. (It's not complete yet)

Native fruit: Peaches
Residents: Diana, Tia, Beau, Maple, Marshal, Merengue, Felicity, Celia, Chelsea, and (soon) Etoile.
Grass shapes: Circles

Pros:

-There are 4 ponds, and none of them are in my way.
-Not a lot of permanent rocks, and again, none of them are in my way
-I really like the shape of my river
-There was almost enough space to line up all of my villagers
-Not too much space, but also NOT not enough (if that makes sense)

Cons:

-Because of the shape of my beach I'm only able to line up 8 villagers

thumbnail_IMG_1995 (1).jpg

Mayor Name: Cara
Town Name: Moon Bay
Native Fruit: Pears
Grass Shape: Circles
Villagers: Tangy, Mitzi, Astrid, Mira, Kidd, Crackle, Cesar, Chester
Favourite Villager: Tangy

Overall I'm pretty happy with this map! I kind of wish there was more on the side of the river with my house and Town Hall as it feels a little unbalanced, but other than that I can't think of many complaints~

View attachment 222920

Mayor Name: Cara
Town Name: Moon Bay
Native Fruit: Pears
Grass Shape: Circles
Villagers: Tangy, Mitzi, Astrid, Mira, Kidd, Crackle, Cesar, Chester
Favourite Villager: Tangy

Overall I'm pretty happy with this map! I kind of wish there was more on the side of the river with my house and Town Hall as it feels a little unbalanced, but other than that I can't think of many complaints~

Ah your map is really nice. I like the river and town tree placement. 5 ponds is a nice amount.

Also I didn't know Spork was named Crackle in Europe. Not sure why they did that.

Ah your map is really nice. I like the river and town tree placement. 5 ponds is a nice amount.

Also I didn't know Spork was named Crackle in Europe. Not sure why they did that.

Thank you! I got pretty lucky :3

It's so strange right? It's not like Spork is an offensive word over here or anything, so it's definitely a bit bizarre.

HNI_0057.JPG

Posting Borei's map now that my villagers are finally decided and plot into place. This is probably my favourite map I've played so far. I just hate my mayor's house placement and I wish I had more ponds. I wrote about my plans for it here!

villagers: Avery, Poppy, Bangle, Mallary, Blanche, Ken, Phoebe, Butch, Sparro, and Pecan
fruit: peaches

Last edited:
my new town!

told myself this would be the last time I reset.
must. stick. with. this. forever.

town's name is ethereal.

I think I like the map? always look for the one's that have the town plaza in the center.
my native fruit is cherries. kind of wished for peaches or apples but cherries are okay!

2cxxkyf.jpg

Last edited:
Back