• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

Town of Jasoom

WhOmMMg.png

okay so i'm so surprised this map actually works...
I thought the game wouldn't boot lol.. Only problem is when I go on the island below, the sky kind of has a blue square in it which is kinda weird but nothing too bad. The red scribble is because I have the bridges there and I still need to demolish them

QYYmLtg.jpg

I like making these maps though, they're fun. I don't think I'll use this for an actual town but maybe

Last edited:
Current map, a couple of villager house placements will be slightly readjusted eventually with new move-ins.

ONSM3oo.png

I love how the town tree is in the center. How is your town coming along so far?

Thank you! I'm really excited to be working with this layout, because I love the idea of having a more busy town center, with the bottom and sides of the map remaining more natural.

So far another villager has plotted around the founding tree, meaning that it actually feels like the hub of my town (I always hated how my off-to-the-side plazas were effectively dead zones). I'm planning on having another small grouping of houses by the town hall, while the other villagers will be spread out across the rest of the map - I prefer having each area populated, to all neighbors being clustered in one spot.
I'll share my dream once the Suite has been payed off, for anyone wanting to visit it :3

Current map, a couple of villager house placements will be slightly readjusted eventually with new move-ins.

ONSM3oo.png

What program/filter do you use to make your map look so "soft"?

What program/filter do you use to make your map look so "soft"?

I used a website to enhance the original picture like some people do on here. Not sure if I can link it but you can probably find a guide somewhere. At first I searched for "noise reduction acnl" on Google after reading about it here. The settings I used on the website I came across were 1.6x upscaling and high noise reduction. Then I used GIMP to resize the enhanced pic down to what it was originally and cut the borders so it showed just the map. I toyed around with some other settings and this is what worked the best, imo.

Last edited:
Ignore this post, the town was reset.... Again.

Attachments

• StarBayMap.jpg
    StarBayMap.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
^
Your Big Top comment on your sig made me laugh since he's in that town as well. You're incredibly patient though. I reset for mine for a few hours and I was already growing tired of it. Anyway, I like the river layout and the fact that the dock is on a smaller beach. And imo, the lighthouse would fit perfectly on that little cliff in the southeast, if there's enough space. I dunno, if you feel like you can work with it, why not?
:)

^
Your Big Top comment on your sig made me laugh since he's in that town as well. You're incredibly patient though. I reset for mine for a few hours and I was already growing tired of it. Anyway, I like the river layout and the fact that the dock is on a smaller beach. And imo, the lighthouse would fit perfectly on that little cliff in the southeast, if there's enough space. I dunno, if you feel like you can work with it, why not?
:)

Glad my dorky sig made someone laugh. x) It is pretty funny how he appeared in all 3 of my towns.
Star Bay and Monsoon as a starter, and Luna Bay as my first random move in.
What's even more silly is that Big Top was at my New Leaf birthday party last year too! (He was also a starter in that town as well! I don't remember the name of it though, it was back in March 2016)

When I'm determined to get something I really want, I'm dead set on getting it even if it takes me forever and a day. This wasn't the last time I've hunted map layouts. Before Starview(the town I sold to get Star Bay) the last real town I had was back in May 2016. It lasted 3 weeks. Haven't found a good town since. Starview took almost 7 months of map hunting and town rebuilding.. And that lasted a little over a month before it was time to rebuild that one, too..

Well, I've decided to keep/save this map! The pros outweighed the cons, and I just couldn't resist the overall charm and potential it has. Hopefully Star Bay will last forever.. I really want to enjoy this adorable game again. ( ? ▽ ` )ノ

Town Map

Think this map is worthy of the thread now!

fluxingx.jpg

Town Name: Fluxing
Grass: Circles
Rocks: 6

Residents:
Whitney
Francine
Sterling
Rosie
Fuchsia
Flo
Tex
Tia
Camofrog

Took so long to get this map and many hours of placing floor patterns to get the villagers to move next to each other, the map and buildings are symmetrical to each other and perfectly in line. Building the cafe in line with the town tree and town hall, and the police station in line with retail for an aesthetic map was so hard. :)

Ramp and dock is close to retail which is nice and the update put the campground in an okay place.
Has really nice, peaceful spaces behind the cafe and town hall for pwps like windmill, fountain, etc.
On the map, I'm standing on the reset centre which is also inline with the tree.
Mini private beach and 2 thin strips of land at the top of the map for hideouts :cool:
My last bridge will be added behind the town hall where the land curves nicely in onto the thin strip of land.

Hope you like it!

Think this map is worthy of the thread now!

View attachment 192644

Town Name: Fluxing
Grass: Circles
Rocks: 6

Residents:
Whitney
Francine
Sterling
Rosie
Fuchsia
Flo
Tex
Tia
Camofrog

Took so long to get this map and many hours of placing floor patterns to get the villagers to move next to each other, the map and buildings are symmetrical to each other and perfectly in line. Building the cafe in line with the town tree and town hall, and the police station in line with retail for an aesthetic map was so hard. :)

Ramp and dock is close to retail which is nice and the update put the campground in an okay place.
Has really nice, peaceful spaces behind the cafe and town hall for pwps like windmill, fountain, etc.
On the map, I'm standing on the reset centre which is also inline with the tree.
Mini private beach and 2 thin strips of land at the top of the map for hideouts :cool:
My last bridge will be added behind the town hall where the land curves nicely in onto the thin strip of land.

Hope you like it!

That map makes me feel like world peace has been achieved.

My fourth town, Flora's map:

WVW69kAPp7A0OfQIMs.jpg

Villagers: Claude, Peanut, Pecan, Toby, Cece, Muffy, Ribbot, Molly, Tasha and Wolfgang.

Sorry if the picture too small, I'm currently on my tablet.

Last edited:
Back