• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

20170328_113745_HDR-1.jpg

Say hello to my new second town! (I reset my physical copy, it was only a storage / cycle town anyway. Irisvale is still alive.)

❀ Mayor Seraphine(aka Seraph) of Seikaiju ❀
Theme: Zen/Oriental Japan Town.

Pros:
? River Shape! I loooove this one.
? Blue Train Station(again) and Green Town Hall! The Zen Renovation will take priority of these, but I think the green interior from the original would look really nice with the Zen one!
? Apples as Native Fruit! I love Perfect Apples, they're so pretty!
? Circle Grass again! (Which means I also got Star Snow!)
? Nice player house area!
? Lots of space for projects and stuff!
? I have 7 rocks! All out of the way, too. ☆

Neutral:
? Once again, the starting villagers. None of them fit the town's theme, so they'll have to leave. Naomi somewhat fits, but the villagers I have in mind fit the overall Zen Town theme way more than she does. Once I get the PWPs I need from her, she's out.

Cons:
? None! This layout is just as perfect as Irisvale's!

I just decided to start playing again a few days ago, so I wanted a fresh start with a new town. After a while of resetting with a few conditions in mind I ended up with this town. I'm pretty OK with it. Ideally, I wanted a more horizontal river, but I'm kinda starting to like this one because I never realized how pretty the waterfalls could be.

WVW69kMYCrM_aNsZYD.jpg

WVW69kMpiicsf6nnu-.jpg

New Moonview's layout, I was getting bored of the last layout.

I kicked out all my starter villagers already. (Amiibo and non Amiibo move ins, I used my cycle town to get the non ones)

Last edited:
View attachment 196691

New Moonview's layout, I was getting bored of the last layout.

I kicked out all my starter villagers already. (Amiibo and non Amiibo move ins, I used my cycle town to get the non ones)
Looks great!
Kind of thought about resetting my town for a map similar to that. :eek:

my map of celery b?i

WVW69kNKeEgPVS6wZ3.jpg

edit: lemme add the positives n negatives cause im vibin'

positives: lit river, lovely placed campground + plaza, love the vibe of the retail and town hall being far apart

negatives: i kinda want a bendy river some days lmao

Last edited:
Since all of you folks are posting your lovely town maps I thought I would post mine to see what you all think!

Sorry for the bad quality, I made it big!

IMG_20170401_120517.jpg

Positive

• The river shape is everything, it gives me so much space.
• All the villagers are plotted in the spots I want them to be in, I don't like having all of them being right beside each other so I plotted some oddly.
• My grass is in shape of triangles, which is my favourite shape of grass.
• My town fruit are peaches, apples would probably be better but I love peaches so it's still a win!
• Retail and the Town Hall are on the top right which is ideal place for them to be.
• My town plaza is in a perfect spot, as is my campground.
• No rocks are in annoying places.
• There is only one pond, so no more space is taken up again.
• Green Town Hall!

Neutral

• A lot of rocks but I can certainly work around them.
• Long beach, I have to plant so many trees. XD

Negative

Literally nothing.

Town Name: Aether (Means heaven, a heaven for animals) c:

Mayor: Michael

Town Villagers: Snooty, Julian, Antonio, Sylvana, Wade, Zucker, Plucky, Flora, Julia & Ketchup.

Town Hall: Green (I don't mind because I don't change my town hall)

Train Station: Gold/Brown (I don't mind because I will change the train station when I can)

Fruit: Peach

Last edited:
IMG_0917.jpg

Sooo, I don't actually know if this is a good map or not. I recently just started playing and I'm unfamiliar with everything haha!

My town has circular grass and my native town fruit is Oranges! :)

Last edited:
001_resident_villagers.jpg

Just started my game today.
Pretty glad with my map, even tho it could be more flat.
Every time my character is going up the hill I feel like cheering for her.

Circular grass
Cherry as native fruit (I love cherries) <3
Few rocks and all out of the way

I'll use the area near the river for projects and sightseeing. Maybe a tiny wood somewhere.
Houses will be in the bottom left. And I want my cafe near the Re-Tail with the lake between them,
i think it will be a cute and cozy commercial center :D

Last edited:
View attachment 197034

Just started my game today.
Pretty glad with my map, even tho it could be more flat.
Every time my character is going up the hill I feel like cheering for her.

Circular grass
Cherry as native fruit (I love cherries) <3
Few rocks and all out of the way

I'll use the area near the river for projects and sightseeing. Maybe a tiny wood somewhere.
Houses will be in the bottom left. And I want my cafe near the Re-Tail with the lake between them,
i think it will be a cute and cozy commercial center :D

Your map is awesome as well as your starting villagers :)

Here is my town, I'm still thinking about selling it but I will see if I can stick with that:
g2y7.jpg

UPDATE!!
uirm.jpg

Okay, I believe I've found nicer layouts during my attempts but this one is fine as well! I love how the town hall and the shop are above the map, very close to the train station, I hope I can put the police build between them. Same for the big tree! Just ONE lake, the rocks are not on the way. Sadly my native fruit is peach, I rather prefer pears or apple but that's okay.

Last edited:
IMG_20170415_104606.jpg
Eeeek, the attachment came up so big haha!

I'm pretty happy overall - I especially like that my RV campsite is right off the plaza, Re-Tail is between that and the Town Hall, the regular campsite has a little tucked away densely forested area by the waterfall with what will be a well and hammock, and that the oxbow fits my house into a little foresty hollow perfectly. Most of my villagers in the top half will be leaving sooner or later, and I have paths and patterns laid out so that the new ones will be along a nice little street along the bottom end of town. The Roost will be going in the top left near the ramp, the windmill in the bottom left corner, and eventually a flower clock in the bottom middle, straight down from my house and between all the villagers. I love Lopez, but he's gotta move for that to happen :p

Last edited:
Town Update!

HNI_0050.JPG
Town name: Aether

Mayor name: Michael

Villagers: Antonio, Coco, Deirdre, Flora, Julia, Julian, Ketchup, Snooty, Wade and Zucker.

Native fruit: Peaches

I still love this town and as you can see I've added the caf? and the police station. I've added paths, Sylvana and Plucky have moved unfortunately because I didn't bond with them and I added some bushes. c:

HNI_0046.JPG
This is my town, Clover, which started on the 29th of February last year.

Pros:
- Circle grass, brown town hall, green station and peaches!
- The plaza is in the middle, I've put paths all around the edges so the entire town works around the plaza
- Secluded area for my house, I love that I can hear the sea from inside!
- Area in the top right corner for my forest/camping area. I've put the campsite, log bench and fire pit there surrounded by a bunch of cedars.
- Big cove in the beach for all my banana trees!

Cons:
- I prefer vertical waterfalls

HNI_0011.JPG

My old map (i reset about 3 hours after starting this map. It wasn't working for me)

20170420_173408.jpg

This is my new map. I really like this map. Like seriously. Plus I wanted to change my town name. It used to be Buzzwood, now it's called Rockaway

20170420_234528.jpg

Mayor Name: Frances
Town Name: Rockaway
Town Fruit: Cherry
Starter Villagers: Tutu (Peppy Bear), Bill (Jock Duck), Static (Cranky Squirrel), Pudge (Lazy Cub) and Sydney (Normal Koala). Tutu quickly became my favorite villager.
Grass Shape Triangles
Town Hall Color: Brown
Train Station Color: Brown

Pros
River shape (I don't like the rivers that are too off to one side where it makes one side way too narrow to do anything. I also like how I have a south facing water fall, something my previous map didn't have)
The town plaza is centered and the town hall is close to main street
The placement of Re-Tail. (I sell stuff from the island a lot so I like how I have Re-Tail so close to the dock
There a lot of room to work with
I actually like all my villagers
My house placement

Cons
Don't really see any

Last edited:
townsacnl.jpg

My towns. Tadaima was my first town. I've been tempted to reset based on the map but...I've got too much invested so I doubt I ever will. Quy Nhon's map is my favorite thus far and newest but it'll probably just remain a town mainly for storage, tting, and hybrid breeding.

Last edited:
Back