• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

22853132_525659977769919_7912206051560251118_n.jpg

Here's a map of my town, Seoul.

Mayor: Min
Native fruit: Pears
Villagers: Tom, Purrl, Rudy, Punchy, Bob, Tangy, Mitzi, Katt, Felicity, Lolly
Grass: Square
Train station: Blue
Pros: Great rock placement, one pond
Cons: Re-tail placement, too many dirt patches, the thin strip of land on the side, bridge placement options

Cons: Re-tail placement, too many dirt patches, the thin strip of land on the side, bridge placement options[/FONT]

I actually really like your Re-Tail placement! It seems like the perfect compromise between being close to the train station for trading and being close to the beach for bug selling.

I actually really like your Re-Tail placement! It seems like the perfect compromise between being close to the train station for trading and being close to the beach for bug selling.

The big problem with it is that because its close to the plaza, I can't out any pwps in between so its any empty space mostly. If it was over just a bit more it would be bettrr imo

7xxUDeH.png

Here's my second town's map! I don't think I've posted this here yet? The villager homes and bridges were (sloppily) edited out to help me think of layout ideas. The town fruit is apples and I'm pretty sure the grass pattern is triangle, I didn't check before posting.

If you guys could give me any ideas or opinions I'd really appreciate it. <3

Last edited:
Town Name: Waterloo
Mayor: Kieran
Native Fruit: Pears

Just started this town last week, so there's not much to see. To make up for it, I'll include some text to show my long term plans for how it develops. In months time you can feel free to come and visit and see how spectacularly I'm failing at that :). I really liked how much space there is, where Re-Tail and the Mayors Office is, and the one pond off to the side. I'd prefer the Town Square to be a little further north if anything. Obviously the house placements are god awful at the minute, but I'm pretty patient as far as waiting for villagers to move out. We'll get there one dayMAVhWcD7kE9M.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_6680.jpg

Map of the town I started yesterday. I am challenging myself to 1) play through for a year, 2) not plot/villager reset, 3) do this town solo (no trading on forums or with my other towns), etc. I used only the selection of maps Rover offered me on startup (no map resetting if I didn't like the fruit, starting villagers, etc.). After playing the Halloween event and chasing Jack all around town for a couple of hours, I decided I really like the configuration - I'd never had a town with this setup before.

Maybe in a few months I'll be brave enough to offer dream visits, haha. In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out and playing in a more relaxed style instead of using the planning and theming etc. I've been relying on.

This is my new town SunDew's map. I really like that retail and the town hall are close together because I'm planning to put a fountain in the middle of them both to make it into a little town centre/plaza sort of thing. It also had the perfect little spot for my house, and I LOVE the shape of the river, as the train station is right in the middle of that bend part and so is the pond thingy. I also think it'd look really nice to put another bridge parallel to the one I already have. I'm really excited about this map!
Also, my fruit is peaches, which reminds me of my old Wild World town :D

22860606_1709595755740302_8953565133372653568_n.jpg

Last edited:
just reset one of my towns after a huge haitus because i found that coming back to an almost completed town was no fun. so here's the new Avalon!

tumblr_oza7diaQxn1qkg1m8o1_1280.png

pros:
- private beach
- south facing waterfall
- FREYA
- triangle grass
- town tree centered
- re-tail not too far from dock

cons:
- the other villagers i'm not crazy about
- narrow strips of land
- town fruit is oranges

didn't have to reset for this! very happy with it!

WYw1Mmrh.jpg

Mayor: Angie
Native fruit: Orange
Villagers: Pate, Lolly, Kiki, Ankha, Genji, Flurry, Greta (moving out), Beau, Marina, Mira.
Train station: Red

WYw1Mmrh.jpg

Mayor: Angie
Native fruit: Orange
Villagers: Pate, Lolly, Kiki, Ankha, Genji, Flurry, Greta (moving out), Beau, Marina, Mira.
Train station: Red

Do you have a dream address? I've always struggled with those sorts of maps because of how narrow the land gets, and I'd love to see how you worked with it.

Yes! My dream address is: 6F00-00A7-02F9. :)

my town isn't done yet so don't mind some bare spots lol

Last edited:
Had a 2 year break from the game, decided a clean start would be good:

HNI_0090.JPG

Town name: Serenity
Mayor: Kaylee
Native fruit: Cherry
Grass: Triangle
Pros: I really like cherries, the layout is pretty good and fun to work with, also nice placement for the tree =)
Cons: Not very fond of the pond (heh!) being that close to train station.

Still not sure what to do about the small strip up to the left. And I can't decide if I want the police station that close to town hall!? I think I want the Caf? on the right side of my mayors house (other side of the river). So many things to decide....

View attachment 210507

Map of the town I started yesterday. I am challenging myself to 1) play through for a year, 2) not plot/villager reset, 3) do this town solo (no trading on forums or with my other towns), etc. I used only the selection of maps Rover offered me on startup (no map resetting if I didn't like the fruit, starting villagers, etc.). After playing the Halloween event and chasing Jack all around town for a couple of hours, I decided I really like the configuration - I'd never had a town with this setup before.

Maybe in a few months I'll be brave enough to offer dream visits, haha. In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out and playing in a more relaxed style instead of using the planning and theming etc. I've been relying on.

that's possibly the most unique town i've seen! I'm actually a bit jealous, it looks like such a nice breath of fresh air after seeing mostly the same layouts from others :0 I wish you luck on you're 1 year challenge!

that's possibly the most unique town i've seen! I'm actually a bit jealous, it looks like such a nice breath of fresh air after seeing mostly the same layouts from others :0 I wish you luck on you're 1 year challenge!

Thank you! I picked it because it was so different from the other three maps River offered and I have not been disappointed. I'm only two weeks in and I'll have to post an updated map soon. Still waiting for my tenth villager who, according to the rules I set for myself, will come from the campsite at some point.

5o7OXnG.jpg

Finally found a map (which Im already getting second thoughts on)

Grass are Circles and Town Fruit is Apples.

Both Train Station and Town Hall are Green.

Starters -

? Chief
? Savannah
? Bones
? Freya
? Poncho

Negatives? Perhaps how I have a hard time thinking on where to place houses. And the beach slopes are piss poor imo.

Last edited:
5o7OXnG.jpg

Finally found a map (which Im already getting second thoughts on)

Grass are Circles and Town Fruit is Apples.

Both Train Station and Town Hall are Green.

Starters -

• Chief
• Savannah
• Bones
• Freya
• Poncho

Negatives? Perhaps how I have a hard time thinking on where to place houses. And the beach slopes are piss poor imo.

Has more pluses than minuses in my opinion. I'd make a row of houses along the bottom. Or line around the top of the river with houses working with what's already there. In the end, if you can't see more positives, look for something else. The map should make you happy above all.

Last edited:
Has more pluses than minuses in my opinion. I'd make a row of houses along the bottom. Or line around the top of the river with houses working with what's already there. In the end, if you can't see more positives, look for something else. The map should make you happy above all.
Yeah I planned to put like 5 houses at the bottom and then everything else at the top. Im starting to like this map so I'll hold on it for maybe a few more days.

Last edited:
Yeah I planned to put like 5 houses at the bottom and then everything else at the top. Im starting to like this map so I'll hold on it for maybe a few more days.

Yeah, see how it feels. I've had maps that were perfection and I reset because something just didn't click with me. Then I picked a quirky map and stuck with it because it felt right somehow.

I didn't care about villagers or fruits, because the whole AC experience was new to me. I liked the very first map I saw and here I am.
wcdbtc.jpg

Back