• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Post Your Town Map

Um... uh .w.
First AC game, so I think I goofed with my layout. but I can't find the heart to reset. At least, not yet. Is it a bad map? Because I'm finding it difficult to find a place to put my police station. Any suggestions? .w.

I think you have a lovely map! I'd put the police station somewhere inbetween the campsite and the villager's house in that far left peninsula.

map update.jpg
Town Fruit: Pears
I'm pretty happy with this map. I like how the plaza is centered and the general position of things-- so far I don't regret where I put any of the permanent projects (I still wish they weren't permanent, though). My least favourite thing is that it's very clustered in the lower part of the map; I really don't have a lot of space to work with. Space is definitely the biggest issue... but I'm sure if I can manage to make my town look nice enough it won't matter as much. Also, pears are by far my least favourite fruit to have but I didn't think it was worth resetting over. I love the look of perfect apples... so jealous of anybody who has them.

X_x I need help!

I have restarted my town so many times... I can't even write the numberbecause I feel so... pathetic when I see it. Seriously... I will never look at my activity log again... xD

So. My "story": I had a pretty nice map. The river I wanted, my favourite fruit... Bla. But two things kept bugging me: square grass and the cliff where you can jump into the ocean. There was too little space because of the town Plaza, which I wanted to be somewhere else as well. I couldn't build anything there and this area made my town feel so... :< I can't find the right word. It just bugged me. So... I restarted. And restarted again. Until I got an almost perfect! map - but a stupid villager lived right where I wanted to place my house. I restarted again (with very immature tears of anger and regret in my eyes). That was plain st00pid.
Now, some minutes ago, after almost two more days of resetting I found a map that is even better. I love the layout. I love the beach, the ramps, the cliff, the placement of the important buildings... I even like all of my villagers. But: square grass. Aaggh. It's driving me insane.
I used to like square grass. But now that everywhere I look people have triangle grass and circles that turn to stars in winter... I'm so soo sick of it. Even the shopping area has triangle grass. Maaan.
Should I risk everything and restart again?
Or should I try to get used to it?
And how important is the grass pattern to you personally?

X_x I need help!

I have restarted my town so many times... I can't even write the numberbecause I feel so... pathetic when I see it. Seriously... I will never look at my activity log again... xD

So. My "story": I had a pretty nice map. The river I wanted, my favourite fruit... Bla. But two things kept bugging me: square grass and the cliff where you can jump into the ocean. There was too little space because of the town Plaza, which I wanted to be somewhere else as well. I couldn't build anything there and this area made my town feel so... :< I can't find the right word. It just bugged me. So... I restarted. And restarted again. Until I got an almost perfect! map - but a stupid villager lived right where I wanted to place my house. I restarted again (with very immature tears of anger and regret in my eyes). That was plain st00pid.
Now, some minutes ago, after almost two more days of resetting I found a map that is even better. I love the layout. I love the beach, the ramps, the cliff, the placement of the important buildings... I even like all of my villagers. But: square grass. Aaggh. It's driving me insane.
I used to like square grass. But now that everywhere I look people have triangle grass and circles that turn to stars in winter... I'm so soo sick of it. Even the shopping area has triangle grass. Maaan.

Don't worry, I've restarted a few times already!
Personally, grass doesn't matter to me. It's not something I would restart over unless everything else about my town was horrible. If I were you, I would keep my town. Especially since you like all of your villagers and the only thing you don't like is the grass.
It's really your choice...but if I were you I'd keep it! Over time you'll get used to it, trust me! :)

X_x I need help!

I've played AC for years and years and years. I never even noticed there were different grass types until I reached this forum. It bugs ME that you're giving up towns over GRASS. GRASS. Think about it! No one comes into your town and goes 'Ooh, square grass... *sharp intake of breath* feel sorry for you there' do they? Don't spend ages trying to find the perfect map. Find one that's alright and then work with it. Don't have the right fruit? Trade with people until you do. Not happy with the placement of the plaza? Deal with it! It's a game!

I'm sorry I got so worked up over that..

I've played AC for years and years and years. I never even noticed there were different grass types until I reached this forum. It bugs ME that you're giving up towns over GRASS. GRASS. Think about it! No one comes into your town and goes 'Ooh, square grass... *sharp intake of breath* feel sorry for you there' do they? Don't spend ages trying to find the perfect map. Find one that's alright and then work with it. Don't have the right fruit? Trade with people until you do. Not happy with the placement of the plaza? Deal with it! It's a game!

I'm sorry I got so worked up over that..

Square grass is my fave <3 I wanted it or triangle grass but I got circles :( I love my map and villagers though.

tumblr_mqbbezfVm91qbl59ho1_400.jpg

This is my town map! I'm kinda sad most of my villagers decided to move to the right, but the left has some nice public work projects! Also, the house placement is making them really street-like!

X_x I need help!

Don't Do it! it's only grass! besides, you can put patterns over the grass etc, seriously if you have found a good town layout dont ruin it, and dont get stuck in the rut of constantly resetting
I say this.. but im restarting my town for the first time on Tuesday, but im just hoping to get Vesta :p good map layout massive bonus

This is my town map! I'm kinda sad most of my villagers decided to move to the right, but the left has some nice public work projects! Also, the house placement is making them really street-like!

Really pretty map. ^^

I'm not usually a fan of diagonal bridges, but my god that town looks set up so perfectly for it. It's beautiful.

Very interesting to see other people's maps.
This is my town map:
photo-6.JPG
Grass Pattern: Triangles
Native Fruit: Apples
Train Station: Brown
My current villagers are disappointing:
Curt / Flora / Ozzie / Roald / Lily / Lopez / Bud / Agnes / Cube

Last edited:
My new Town Map, started today :3
Really happy with it, Apples house is the one by itself
2cro64i.png

map of my town Kanto

villagers are bob, nibbles, bunnie, kyle, gabi, margie, apple, zucker, and sally. im so glad i was able to finally get all the houses on the lower half of the river.

map.jpg

map of my town Kanto

villagers are bob, nibbles, bunnie, kyle, gabi, margie, apple, zucker, and sally. im so glad i was able to finally get all the houses on the lower half of the river.

map.jpg

One of the best maps i've seen. i LOVE it

nrzww.jpg

olivine in all of its glory!! i really like my layout personally?? though i guess im a bit biased considering its my town after all

Back