• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

I recently reset my town. I spent hours over 2 days attempting to find the perfect map. I don't have any preferences regarding my river or waterfalls, but I wanted:

• all of the buildings to be on the Northern part, preferably on the top near the train station
• Re-tail close to the train station
• Townhall on top of the event plaza
• the RV park close to the event plaza
• room on the Northern half to build my police station & cafe
• a long, mostly uninterrupted beach
• a relatively isolated place to my build my house
• minimal ponds

IMG_6163.jpg

Peaches are my native fruit, which is a big +.

I laid paths down so my villagers move into the Southern half, and most inexplicably decided to cluster. After being inspired by the great maps in this thread, I might take it a step further and cluster my future villagers' houses into straight lines or a specific area.

My map is basically perfect... except for how the land is awkwardly split up, which means that I won't be able put the cafe and police centre in a straight line next to town hall or Re-tail. I should stop dwelling on it too much, or I'll restart again. :blush:

Last edited:
I should stop dwelling on it too much, or I'll restart again. :blush:

Exactly! If people spend too much time dwelling on the flaws of a map, they will never be happy with ANY map because every map, EVERY map is going to have something you're not going to like. I believe every map in this game can be made into a great town, you just gotta focus on it's potentials, not on it's flaws.

Here's my updated map
20170425_133646.jpg

Sorry, it's sideways, I have no idea why it decided to do that.

Last edited:
I've reset my town last week, out of blue because feeling to start a new one :blush:

It took me one hour and a half to get this map, to be honest I don't have a dream map, but I had a crush on this one the moment I saw it (didn't even checked the 3 others on this starts :p)
C-VVBuYXYAIPbFI.jpg

Pros:
♥ Front waterfall
♥ RT lined up with beach entrance, actually saving a little time when fishing a lot :p
♥ A lot of ponds, I love ponds, and rocks, I loathe empty space so it's perfect to work around (and I can't plan from blank space)
♥ Enough space to line up cafe, town hall, and police station
♥ Dot grass
♥ Peach, eventhough I prefer cherries
♥ A lot of pretty scenaries, like this tiny piece of beach in SW totally had me

Neutral:
- I actually love all my starters, and i'm still able to work around

Cons?
- It may be difficult later to work around all those ponds and rock but I think I'm going to like this challenge !

Linow, I like your map a lot! I love ponds, too, and yours are all different. What's your town's name? :)

Also HappyTails, "I believe every map in this game can be made into a great town, you just gotta focus on its potentials, not on its flaws." I agree 100% :)

Last edited:
If people spend too much time dwelling on the flaws of a map, they will never be happy with ANY map because every map, EVERY map is going to have something you're not going to like.

I agree 100%! Even though I'm so guilty of it too, I think that the original "purpose" (if it exists) of Animal Crossing, being part of a community, is becoming more diluted with users micromanaging every miniscule aspect of their town.

But I really love your town map, especially the central event plaza, accessible beaches and Re-tail's proximity to the dock. Very functional! :D

I've reset my town last week, out of blue because feeling to start a new one :blush:

It took me one hour and a half to get this map, to be honest I don't have a dream map, but I had a crush on this one the moment I saw it (didn't even checked the 3 others on this starts :p)
C-VVBuYXYAIPbFI.jpg

Pros:
♥ Front waterfall
♥ RT lined up with beach entrance, actually saving a little time when fishing a lot :p
♥ A lot of ponds, I love ponds, and rocks, I loathe empty space so it's perfect to work around (and I can't plan from blank space)
♥ Enough space to line up cafe, town hall, and police station
♥ Dot grass
♥ Peach, eventhough I prefer cherries
♥ A lot of pretty scenaries, like this tiny piece of beach in SW totally had me

Neutral:
- I actually love all my starters, and i'm still able to work around

Cons?
- It may be difficult later to work around all those ponds and rock but I think I'm going to like this challenge !

Wow! What a unique map!

And double wow - maximum ponds! One of my towns has 4... I've seen a lot with 5...you have 6!
The pond placement on most of them close together should be easier to landscape than when they are really spread out.
Maybe there is enough room for a frog or octopus to move around there!

I totally can see why you crushed on this map 🗺:)

Thanks all :blush:

Linow, I like your map a lot! I love ponds, too, and yours are all different. What's your town's name? :)

My town name is Winhill :) Like the town in FF8 :p

Maybe there is enough room for a frog or octopus to move around there!

I already have Drift around here !

And yes, but there's also a lot of rock, mostly around the pound tho, i'll see when i'll start making roads ! But I put my campground next to the north pound, it look so lovely ♥

Last edited:
18268302_10212984226859428_6701572625616557361_n_zps5czimnjp.jpg

Here's my current town map! Bella just moved out so I only have nine villagers. I now want to move out Shari and Freya, who are up in the left corner. Never wanted anyone up there u_u I want more villagers to move into the space on the right above Bone's house.

Poncho is the one squeezed right next to the police station. At first it bothered me, but now I just imagine him always wanting to help Copper out and I think it's really cute ^^

Last edited:
Town Map.jpg

My map of Bluedale. The main things I looked for were a centered upper waterfall, and the lower one going southward. I also liked the nicely spread out buildings, with the campsite in a neat corner, and plenty of space around my home. I didn't soft-reset very much at all, although I had to live with oranges as my native fruit.

Bump because I'd love to see some more maps for some inspiration!

IMG_1350.jpg

This is Florida^
Leonardo is the only villager I don't want :/

Last edited:
WVW69kU-_aAXyt2n44

Here is the map of my town. It is still a work in progress though since I don't have all the public work projects that I want. Plus... I am currently working on getting Croque to move put. He is the one that lives close to the cliff area. Planning to put something there. Not sure what it would be though.

Last edited:

WVW69kU-_aAXyt2n44

Here is the map of my town. It is still a work in progress though since I don't have all the public work projects that I want. Plus... I am currently working on getting Croque to move put. He is the one that lives close to the cliff area. Planning to put something there. Not sure what it would be though.

Jealous of these maps!!!!

Too perfect! :blush:

Jealous of these maps!!!!

Too perfect! :blush:
Thanks. ^.^ Apologies for my player icon blocking my Mayor character's house. I'll probably take another screenshot of my town map once I improve my town a bit more.

To be honest though... I wanted Re-tail to be close to the beach area instead of being close to the train station.

Last edited:
View attachment 199039
(Sorry for the bad quality)

That's my town. Town fruit is Cherry, train station is brown, town hall is blue.
It's still under construction, maybe I will change the placement of the bridges
later and I also don't know where I will put the cafe. After all I'm quite happy
about it.​

Elenrast.jpg

Um, yikes, it's huge. My first try at getting a photo on TBT!

This is Elenrast. Cherries, blue town hall, brown train station. I was looking for a different map while resetting, but when I saw this, I knew it was the one. It was on my tenth try. I love it...my town is less than 2 months old and I am having fun with it.

And, no, I did not set up my villagers that way. In fact, one moved in right in front of my house, too. I froze him out! (Didn't like him, anyway.)

Last edited:
Back