• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

Hi!

I think I have a pretty good map imo due to having so much room to work with in regards to PWP's. I'd like to get some opinions on it but I am thinking of PR for my new villagers as I think I got rather impatient when I was PR for when I restarted my town :/

View attachment 209120

Thank you!

I love your map! You have lots of space on the lower half of your map to landscape and for PWP's (if you don't have rocks everywhere, that is). If you're thinking about plot resetting, maybe you could get the three villagers right below the bridge to move out and let new ones move in more to the left of your map? That way you don't have to navigate around the houses when you want to cross the bridge!

I love your map! You have lots of space on the lower half of your map to landscape and for PWP's (if you don't have rocks everywhere, that is). If you're thinking about plot resetting, maybe you could get the three villagers right below the bridge to move out and let new ones move in more to the left of your map? That way you don't have to navigate around the houses when you want to cross the bridge!

I loved it for that reason due to having so much space and I was lucky enough to only have one rock in that area. I am working on getting those villagers to move so we'll see how my patience is when it comes to plot resetting lol

map.jpg

My map of Forest! Since I did my very last reset on the first of this month, there's not much to it yet.
My only dislikes are the color of my town hall (plain brown, wished I had gotten green) and the extra pond. Otherwise, it's perfect for me! Circle grass, apples, a private beach and nice open spaces. All of these villagers, aside from Marshal whom is the closest to my home, is being replaced. Overall, I'm loving it! :blush:

My finalized map of Bluedale - All villagers I wanted are fully settled in!

FullMap.jpg

Note that it takes seeing the in-town works projects and pathways to truly appreciate it. I've had plenty of fun with the layout. ^_^

just made a second town.
map1.jpg

Pros:
Right side campground to make it different from my main town
Plaza location
Fruit is pears

Cons:
JAMBETTE

Last edited:
_20171016_000155_by_inukibi-dbqp925.jpg

I had to restart my game because my DS got broken and my game was digital.
RIP Akkala *sigh*

This map looks so similar with Akkala. I especially love the west cliff and it's small path. Rock placements are ok, but the pond next to the plaza annoys me a bit.

Green station is okay, at least it isn't blue. And square grass :)
Oh, and finally I got peaches as native fruit <3

Sadly I had bad luck with my starters. I really dislike Truffels, Genji and Ally. At least, Avery and Rodeo are ok. And hey, I have Amiibo Cards.

tumblr_oxvyi6CEH01u5h0x1o1_1280.png

A fairly boring town layout :p

1. picnic area
2. Playground
3. Orchard
4. Another small orchard

I've tried drawing the pwps on here, but left some out like the small topiaries that I have near the town tree, oh and the area south of the town tree is a small park with a fountain in the centre.

tumblr_oxvyi6CEH01u5h0x1o1_1280.png

A fairly boring town layout :p

1. picnic area
2. Playground
3. Orchard
4. Another small orchard

I've tried drawing the pwps on here, but left some out like the small topiaries that I have near the town tree, oh and the area south of the town tree is a small park with a fountain in the centre.

Your town looks nice :3 do u have DA? Currently visiting drwam town right now :)

Your town looks nice :3 do u have DA? Currently visiting drwam town right now :)

Thanks for the interest, but I don't currently have a DA as the town isn't finished yet :x thank you for the interest though!

You can come visit though? if you want :p vm me any time

_20171016_000155_by_inukibi-dbqp925.jpg

I had to restart my game because my DS got broken and my game was digital.
RIP Akkala *sigh*

This map looks so similar with Akkala. I especially love the west cliff and it's small path. Rock placements are ok, but the pond next to the plaza annoys me a bit.

Green station is okay, at least it isn't blue. And square grass :)
Oh, and finally I got peaches as native fruit <3

Sadly I had bad luck with my starters. I really dislike Truffels, Genji and Ally. At least, Avery and Rodeo are ok. And hey, I have Amiibo Cards.

double bean pond! Four ponds is SO MANY HOLY COW!

Map.jpg

Here's mine.
Thanks to people who taught me how to get bottom screenshot. (Using Miiverse)

Until I joined this forum, I did not know there was "good" or "bad" map.
Well, I hope mine is at least decent... I just chose first one that Rover showed it to me.

Here's mine.
Thanks to people who taught me how to get bottom screenshot. (Using Miiverse)

Until I joined this forum, I did not know there was "good" or "bad" map.
Well, I hope mine is at least decent... I just chose first one that Rover showed it to me.

I don't think there's a good or bad, it's all about preference! I like how all your villagers are kinda close, but also kinda spread out.

maybe map.jpg

PROS:
One Pond
Left campground
Good building space
Buck as a first villager (he is one of my favorite horses)

CONS:
Where I wanted my mayor's house, the waterfall is super loud so now I don't know where to place her castle.
Oranges. I wanted pears but fruit is not a dealbreaker
Beach needing a wet suit to access

Overall I think its a pretty solid map. Now if I could figure out where to plop down my mayor or just deal with the waterfall.

Everwood Starting Map 002.jpg
After liberal amounts of plot resetting, this is my town of Everwood, created about a month ago! It has circle grass and native cherries. My current villagers are Pierce, Sprinkle, Curt, Cube, Lucy, Jacques, Vivian, Canberra, Gruff, Jacques, and Fauna. 3 of them are dreamies; the rest are moving out when I get their pictures.

Everwood Starting Map 003.jpg
The black lines are how the paths are laid out and where I want my next bridge to be. The gyroid is my police station, and right next to it will be the caf?. I have no idea what I want to do with the bottom half of my town.

20171027_170439_by_goliathian-dbrwd2a.jpg

My town of Cryptade!!
I'm very happy with how it looks. I wish I got any fruit except peach to be my native fruit tho
Also: a pretty neat detail is that my town is based on cryptids and I got an almost footprint shape (without toes) pond that I live next to! It's also a very different layout than I used to always pick. I kinda had to force myself to pick this place to spice things up and I don't regret it B)
I even changed up where I plot my house, I'd always stick it in a nook under the river.

Last edited:
have you decided what type of theme you want your town to be yet? perhaps you could use the bottom half to have two alternates and have their houses portray other aspects of a town? ie: a doctors/dentists office, an arcade-esque house, a movie theater, a concert hall, a gym, a garden house. idk these are ideas ive wanted to dabble in but i cant since my other alternates are my siblings XD

View attachment 210216
After liberal amounts of plot resetting, this is my town of Everwood, created about a month ago! It has circle grass and native cherries. My current villagers are Pierce, Sprinkle, Curt, Cube, Lucy, Jacques, Vivian, Canberra, Gruff, Jacques, and Fauna. 3 of them are dreamies; the rest are moving out when I get their pictures.

View attachment 210217
The black lines are how the paths are laid out and where I want my next bridge to be. The gyroid is my police station, and right next to it will be the caf?. I have no idea what I want to do with the bottom half of my town.

How do you get the houses to line up like that?

Back