• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

^ I LOVE that one! That river is so unique. Congrats on that wonderful map, I'm jealous!!

Edit: Ignore this entire post bc my overly ridiculous self reset again
I've been resetting over and over looking for a good map with my wanted qualities. I found this one earlier today and I have a really good feeling about it.
DH9vkb4U0AEMXMj.jpg:large

My pros:
>Triangle grass
>Oranges (YESSSS!!!)
>A blocked off, middle section for my house
>Town plaza is next to the town hall
>Beach on right side, campsite on left
>Retail up near the very top of the map
>Open area for houses
>I got Twiggy and Butch as starting villagers and I love them. I'm definitely gonna keep em!

Cons:
>A few rocks are in annoying areas but that's nothing a little.. string pulling.. can't fix. >:^)
>Red train station and green (?) town hall. I need both of them blue.. which can be fixed hehe
>Might not be the best map to path, but I'll see what I can do later on.

Last edited:
Hello there! It took me a while to come back on my game since I left and erased my save file. But after finding a new name for my town I can finally start again! :D
Here is mine:
itjw.jpg

I actually like how to river goes, and it let me a location to put my house close to it AND the sea on the edge, I really love hearing the waves while being inside. ~ I messed up its placement a little, I just needed my house to be a very few millimeters away to the right so the path next to it would be bigger (where my logo is, I want to make a secret little garden with the extra space :3c )

- also I'm not keeping any starter villagers

Last edited:
Hello there! It took me a while to come back on my game since I left and erased my save file. But after finding a new name for my town I can finally start again! :D
Here is mine:
itjw.jpg

I actually like how to river goes, and it let me a location to put my house close to it AND the sea on the edge, I really love hearing the waves while being inside. ~ I messed up its placement a little, I just needed my house to be a very few millimeters away to the right so the path next to it would be bigger (where my logo is, I want to make a secret little garden with the extra space :3c )

- also I'm not keeping any starter villagers

That's a pretty cool map! I like your house placement too

I found out how to screenshot my map recently!

DIL5EGgUwAAs_Vh.jpg

It was the 4th map Rover showed me, didn't reset for it.

Town: Sundance
Fruit: pears
Grass: square
Town Hall: brown
Train station: brown

I finally stopped being lazy and screencapped both of my towns. :)

nebula_map.jpg
This one is Nebula, my main town! The town fruit is pears, and I have Ankha, Marshal, Roscoe, Dora, Jeremiah, Henry, Peggy, Wolfgang, and Axel right now. Peggy is the house that decided to just plop right down in front of my bridge, and I'm waiting for her, Dora, and Jeremiah to move out, haha.

sunset_map.jpg
And this is my new second town, Sunset. Sunset's town fruit is cherry, and I think the villagers are Chester, Rasher, Peaches, Queenie, and Mac? I don't currently have that cartridge in my system, but I'm pretty sure those are my starters.

I really like the tiny little peninsula-esque bit of land going on to the left of the waterfall at the bottom in Sunset. I don't think it's big enough to put a bench of anything, but I can definitely (and likely will) put a tree there and make a little stump bench. :)

WVW69kmM6Tg_rgi-a3.jpg
Town name: Java
Town mayor: Will
Town fruit: Oranges
Favorite Villager: Mint :)

Well I guess I could just post my new map

WVW69kmXxjMceqRXr1.jpg

Mayor's name: Raven (I chose this name because it sounds so exotic)
Town Name: Ossipri (I got this name from a random name generator. I don't know what it means or how to pronounce it)
Peaches are the town fruit and I don't even know what shape the grass is but I think it's circle or square, I don't even know.

I like this map I'm not going to think about it's cons.

Edit: I have circle grass, I just happened to see it while running around my town.

Last edited:
Here is mine:
itjw.jpg
[/I]

OMG... I was resetting again yesterday and I found a map that looked EXACTLY like this one!!! I'm not lying, it looks completely identical. I was so alarmed when I saw this because I immediately recognized it as one of the maps I tried out last night!

The river was literally exactly the same. The re-tail, town hall, and plaza are in the exact same locations too, except I think that re-tail and town hall were switched. I ended up not keeping it but wow I really, really regret not taking a picture of it so that I could show you. That map is super neat and unique, I hope you enjoy it!

View attachment 206750

I reset so many times for this// I think it was worth it though. :blush:

I love this one! That symmetry is perfect.

Last edited:
kIN1eB4.png

Thought I share my map. I never map reset and just went with whatever map Rover gave me. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't really change anything about it either I guess. I do like:

- Retail close to train station and town hall
- Relatively straight river
- Ponds aren't bad

I've made my map work for me so I can't even really think of an ideal map really. After years of playing I still don't really know what I look for in a map loll so it boggles me how some people here are so specific with theirs. ; v;

WVW69knEweYCnDLb3a.jpg

This is my map! I didn't know you could map reset when I started the game so I just chose the one I liked the best out of the 4. It's pretty nice, I really like all the ponds! The one closet to the train station is a perfect circle that I'm in progress of lining with flowers. The only thing I knew when starting the game was that I wanted my retail near the docks (following advice I read online) and I'm glad I got it haha I do alot of beetle hunting. I don't like how close Town hall is to the camp/river, there wasn't too much room to decorate around it but I think I did ok with landscaping anyways! I also wish I could have had a secret beach but oh well :p

HNI_0021.JPG

:) took me forever to get a map i liked with the native fruit as peach haha

Last edited:
WVW69koHxiAKZ9XXq-.jpg
Mayor name: Zella
Town name: Prismic (I chose this name because I like the definition: Of, relating to, or produced by a prism, especially one which is transparent; (in extended use also) brightly coloured, brilliant.)
My current villagers are: bill, gigi, erik, penelope, coco, and vladimir has a spot set up to move in.
Native fruit: orange

Last edited:
(i had to take the picture the old fashioned way since i got banned from miiverse when i was 10 :()
6_jPa8KpQRS0GAy2V0qmuA.png

i'm not the biggest fan of it at all and it's really hard to work with, but i mean, it works? i'm wayyyy too attached to this town to reset though aha

Last edited:
Space:
xD15bx7.jpg

Hanamura:
nbsoNBl.jpg

I just noticed that they're kind of close to being identical which is pretty cool.
Both towns have villagers who really need to go while others are perfectly lined up where I want them.

Back