Post Your Town Map

WVW69kadD-wQ1hmcbK

I've always loved this map! For some reason it took me until now to realize there is a part of the beach that I can't reach without a wet suit. Forever wishing Teddy would leave because his house is too close to the mayor's villa in my town.

r0rUYw5.jpg

I posted mine a while back but here it is complete with the campsite, cafe, police station, and 3 bridges! I'm so happy with where the RV campground ended up - the location couldn't have been more perfect. The only thing I'm not thrilled with is Willow's house so close to the town hall (she was one of my original five), but there's no way I'll ever kick her out. Overall I am very pleased with this map.

Honeydew Town Map.jpg
This is the map of my second town Honeydew. I've been resetting for days to find this kind of map with a private beach and the tree in the center. But now that I've been playing for a few months, I find it really hard to work with. I don't really know a good place for the cafe, and I don't know where my villagers should live. I like having them in pairs or groups of three.
I thought about having my cafe at the bottom left corner, but I think I'd prefer having a park over there, with the lighthouse by the cliff.

Has anyone suggestions for me?

View attachment 202002
This is the map of my second town Honeydew. I've been resetting for days to find this kind of map with a private beach and the tree in the center. But now that I've been playing for a few months, I find it really hard to work with. I don't really know a good place for the cafe, and I don't know where my villagers should live. I like having them in pairs or groups of three.
I thought about having my cafe at the bottom left corner, but I think I'd prefer having a park over there, with the lighthouse by the cliff.

Has anyone suggestions for me?

Cafe to the right of the train station might be nice!

To the left of the east beach ramp could work too.

If it can fit (I know how frustrating the town tree space is) the bottom right area between your bridges near the town tree would be neat. A little cramped for the cafe, possibly. An alternate character house would be cute there too.

I am working on a town with a center town tree - I've always wanted a center tree but honestly it can be difficult to work with.

Yet your town map is so nice and symmetrical! I hope you enjoy it!

X1TBu8c.jpg

My town is divided into sections, and I really wish you could see the tree placement, because I worked very hard to ensure that every part of the town had a pathway, with trees on both sides of the path so that players can be guided into these sections.

See those two rows of houses near the bottom left? That acts as a kind of second plaza. Three money trees in the centre, with gold roses all around them! Like a little village, almost!

I'm really happy with the way my town looks. I don't have any desire to change it. Just thought I'd show you guys how it looks!

Last edited:
I can't show you all a cute in-game map yet since the fountain is being built so Isabelle won't let me see the PWP list, but here's a really low-detail picture of my map layout from within the save editor. I'll try to paint a picture for you guys.
acnlmap.jpg
My town hall and plaza are in the centre. I recently put a fountain in front of the town hall. Villager houses are in neat lines to the left and right of the train station. My house is slightly behind the town hall in the middle, but I'll probably move it soon since I'm not content with its placement at all.

I added cliffs on both sides to maximise my landscaping space.

The left "island" so to speak is gonna be my campsite, all natural, mushrooms and pine trees.

The right side is where Re-Tail is and also where the coffee shop will be; I'm gonna place some random cheap PWPs and then use the save editor to change them into the event stalls and put loads of palm trees/exotic fruit around, give it a real "exotic bazaar/market" kind of feel.

I'm not sure about the exact themeing of my central area yet, going for a books/letters/memories type theme with fairy tale or regal overtones is probably the way I'll go. My town is called Memoir after all, plus I love black/gold roses and the Princess/Gorgeous sets.

I love this layout more than my old edited one, which had 2 rivers but they were both on the same side since there weren't 2 sets of cliffs and there were these weird tiny holes at the edge where the terrain met the cliff but didn't line up right where you could see into the void like a glitch in the Matrix or something. :/

...text removed to save space

I need to know what program you are using and how. ;) For science.

92TRBL8.jpg

Starter villagers: Agnes, Astrid, Bam, Caroline, Carmen
Town fruit: Peaches
Grass: Squares
Current villagers: Apple*, Pierce, W. Link*, Poppy*, Mira, Hamlet, Butch* Yuka* Whitney*, Agent S
* = keeping

This is my town of Florence, which I've had since release. I stopped playing for a while but got back into it with the release of Happy Home Designer and the update. My town isn't perfect but I've grown to love it. I didn't realize in the beginning that you could reset the game and get more than 4 map options.

The villager house directly in front of the Cafe isn't permanent. I'm trying to get someone to move inline with the three houses vertically lined up near the left beach.

It's hard to tell, but I've really made this map work with my path layout! The placement of the campground ended up being perfect since I already had a path along the cliff leading to the police station. Having 4 ponds has been a bit frustrating but my river isn't very jagged so I still have plenty room for PWPs and whatnot. Let me know if you're interested in visiting and I'll post my DA (if that's allowed). If not, I'll DM it to you.

I need to know what program you are using and how. ;) For science.

92TRBL8.jpg

Starter villagers: Agnes, Astrid, Bam, Caroline, Carmen
Town fruit: Peaches
Grass: Squares
Current villagers: Apple*, Pierce, W. Link*, Poppy*, Mira, Hamlet, Butch* Yuka* Whitney*, Agent S
* = keeping

This is my town of Florence, which I've had since release. I stopped playing for a while but got back into it with the release of Happy Home Designer and the update. My town isn't perfect but I've grown to love it. I didn't realize in the beginning that you could reset the game and get more than 4 map options.

The villager house directly in front of the Cafe isn't permanent. I'm trying to get someone to move inline with the three houses vertically lined up near the left beach.

It's hard to tell, but I've really made this map work with my path layout! The placement of the campground ended up being perfect since I already had a path along the cliff leading to the police station. Having 4 ponds has been a bit frustrating but my river isn't very jagged so I still have plenty room for PWPs and whatnot. Let me know if you're interested in visiting and I'll post my DA (if that's allowed). If not, I'll DM it to you.

I use this http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ and you can follow this tutorial if you wanna put cliffs on both sides without breaking all the things:

You dump your savefile by getting the homebrew launcher and a save manager, for which http://3ds.guide is a helpful resource.

I finally managed to get a cute in game map picture:
HNI_0040.JPG

My native fruit is oranges. I'm gonna remove those awkwardly placed bridges and put wooden ones in horizontally at both sides of the plaza. I'm thinking of moving my pond to my campground area, putting bamboo around it and white/pink lilies inside it. The whole town looks pretty barren atm as I like to landscape as organically as possible by actually gathering materials and when I edited my map I had to remove a lot of trees/flowers that ended up in weird places. Luckily my hybrid garden is growing by the day ((especially now that I can steal flowers from the island)) and I've got a lot of fruit hoarded ready to plant. :D

I am at best apathetic towards my villagers and I really want my dreamies to move in already lol.

I also have absolutely no idea where to put the police station.

I would post mine but the only way i can do that is send a pic via my phone, which I'll do tomorrow and edit my post when I can as my phone is off :<

WVW69kcPQDoBqUx3k2

The map of my new town, Borei! I reset my secondary town Kiri because I didn't like my permenant building placements, and I had a new idea for a town! I was able to get peaches again, the fruit of my old town, and my bro Buck also followed me over! (He was a starter in my old town as well)

The northern part of town will be a dense forest and the southern part across the river will be the remnants of an ancient town (or something along those lines lol). The only way to enter would be through that long strip of land to the left, where I'll build the only bridge in town. I put my mayor in the middle part at the top even though there's a lot of scenic places for her house because I want her to be like protector of that lil old town, so she has to be in a place where she can see everything. The dip near the campgrounds will be my campsite and a slightly more developed forest. I also needed the plaza to be in the north side so dream visitors can start in the forest and make their way to the old town. Honestly I freaking love this map. Now just to get a perfect town/100 visitors and change the ugly townhall and train station.

If anyone wants to see what happened to Kiri before I reset it, I think it's still in the dream database, Kiri/Mayor Chan ;_; I'll be using similar tiles and landscaping/foliage but I like this map so so much better. My paths and patterns should be available on there. Wow /endlongpost

Last edited:
WVW69kcQVj0JOLVL1t.jpg

Took me FOREVER to find a map like this, you don't even know, or you probably do since I complained about it enough

This is Kingston.

Details:
Town fruit: Cherries
Grass Shape: Triangles
Town Hall Color: Green
Train Station Color: Brown
Starter Villagers: Portia, Flora, Axel, Butch and Boomer

Pros
River is out of the way
Only one pond and it's also out of the way
Lots of room
South facing waterfall
I have Butch
Immovable rocks not in the way
Cherries and triangle grass

Cons
Prefer a river that was less twisty but whatever, I'll deal
Town hall is green

WVW69kcPQDoBqUx3k2

The map of my new town, Borei! I reset my secondary town Kiri because I didn't like my permenant building placements, and I had a new idea for a town! I was able to get peaches again, the fruit of my old town, and my bro Buck also followed me over! (He was a starter in my old town as well)

The northern part of town will be a dense forest and the southern part across the river will be the remnants of an ancient town (or something along those lines lol). The only way to enter would be through that long strip of land to the left, where I'll build the only bridge in town. I put my mayor in the middle part at the top even though there's a lot of scenic places for her house because I want her to be like protector of that lil old town, so she has to be in a place where she can see everything. The dip near the campgrounds will be my campsite and a slightly more developed forest. I also needed the plaza to be in the north side so dream visitors can start in the forest and make their way to the old town. Honestly I freaking love this map. Now just to get a perfect town/100 visitors and change the ugly townhall and train station.

If anyone wants to see what happened to Kiri before I reset it, I think it's still in the dream database, Kiri/Mayor Chan ;_; I'll be using similar tiles and landscaping/foliage but I like this map so so much better. My paths and patterns should be available on there. Wow /endlongpost

I used to have a similar map with an East beach!!!

I loved that map. I always get nostalgic when so see the town hall in the center.

RIP town of Donut! Awesome map.

KWGUvf5.jpg

Yikes! I reset again. Wanted a totally different layout this time. I'm not completely sure how I feel about it yet.

Did you reset Rajamaa?! :eek: I didn't get to see it yet!!
Yep, sorry! x_x You didn't really miss out on much, though! I barely played in it after February so it was still pretty empty.

Good luck with your new town btw! I love your idea for it!!

Yep, sorry! x_x You didn't really miss out on much, though! I barely played in it after February so it was still pretty empty.

Good luck with your new town btw! I love your idea for it!!

Ahh hehe so we're both back to square one :p thank you! I'm excited to try something new. Can't wait to see your progress too! That horror/1yc thread was fun while it lasted :')

Ahh hehe so we're both back to square one :p thank you! I'm excited to try something new. Can't wait to see your progress too! That horror/1yc thread was fun while it lasted :')
It definitely was! I'm going to have to check out how Kiri turned out if its dream still exists! I'm sure Borei will be awesome too, you're so great at landscaping! Will you be posting about your progress somewhere?

It definitely was! I'm going to have to check out how Kiri turned out if its dream still exists! I'm sure Borei will be awesome too, you're so great at landscaping! Will you be posting about your progress somewhere?

I'll try and update my blogspot but I'll probably mostly use miiverse for daily screen shots :0 you?

Last edited:
HNI_0025.JPG
Town: Lilac
Residents: Luna & Eclipse
Villagers: Chief, Freya, Portia, Lucky, Zucker, Marina, Sparro, Hazel, Julian and Lolly.
Town fruit: Peaches.

Back