• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

Here's my 3 year old town.

Pros

Used to this town
I nearly have all my dreamiest
My two favorite villagers, Kyle and Chief, are right next to my house
Retail is literally on my right
Plaza is close to train station
Good peninsula to place a fountain
Beach is huge enough for my tastes
Pond is sizeable enough
Has Paths! thank God.
Cons

Cafe in front of train station (Oh why did I place that there??
Town hall isn't close
The entire bottom right has been untouched, need to get to that
Police Station isn't close.
Villagers are spread out (I don't know how to get them to stick in 4 clusters)

I really want to reset. My Town is worth over 62M, combined with my 38M in the ABD, expanding wouldn't be an issue, and everything else wouldn't be an issue.

The problem is, I've had this town for 3 years. I have nearly all the badges (mostly silver and bronze, mind you) and I have nearly all my dreamies. But I hate my character's eyes, And my fruit.

Attachments

• P_20170729_163501_HL.jpg
    P_20170729_163501_HL.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Town Map.jpg

My town fruit is the cherry.

I like having my villagers fairly close to each other. There's a lot more villager interactions with each other because of it. I have some bamboo on the right edge of the cliff and the empty land to the right is being used to transform into a park area. I do like my layout but it's the only map I've ever had since playing New Leaf. Never reset!

My villagers:

Joey- Awesome little lazy duck. I like him and his diaper a lot
Bill- Such a great jock. Had him in the gamecube version. You can't take anything he says seriously.
Ursala- Surprised me because I usually don't like big bears, but I like her appearance and uchi fits her well.
Lucy- Big eyed pig. I love how big her eyes are like Cookie. She's an underrated villager!
Murphy- Cranky green bear. So funny to see the little guy with such a low cranky voice. He thinks everyone is scared of him but he's really nice.
Blanche- Beautiful white bird who is very nice for a snooty. One of my go to snooty villagers.
Marty- I bought the Sanrio set from GAME mainly for this guy. I really love him...but I love most cubs in general
Marshal- Little white squirrel. Not my favorite smug, but I don't hate him. It's always funny to see him in the flowers.
Maddie- Nice dog villager that lives near me. She always keeps the town energetic.
Mallary- The newest addition to my town. I always had an interest in Mallary and just received her card...so now here she is. I don't get why nobody really likes her. Her appearance is really good imo.

I love them all. I was actually surprised how much I like some of my villagers like Lucy, Murphy and Mallary that I don't see spoken about a lot. Overall I like my town!

Last edited:
Woah you guys have some awesome maps there !

I see that some of you have their villagers all parked on the same spot. I understand that there is a trick in order to do that, but still don't know what is it exactly ?

Anyway, here's my town !

Town name : Evertale
Fruit : Peach (Wanted Cherry but I love the layout so much I don't want to change anymore :p)
Actual Villagers :
- Beardo
- Elvis (don't like him at all, i think he's going to leave soon :p)
- Cheri
- Miranda
- Bill
- Fauna

Image.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my town map as of today:
tumblr_ou1irsyWyy1u9wrmbo1_540.png

I'm still trying to reset my amiibo villagers into certain places, but some of them are being very stubborn.:mad: I recently reset my town because I hated my old map, and I'm so glad I did because I adore this one.

The weird thing is that I was ready to reset the game over and over so that I could choose the perfect town map, but this one came up as the very first map Rover showed me. The second I saw it I had a really good feeling about it.
Even better, the town had apples. I was so happy ;_;

My current villagers are:
Marshal
Daisy
Zucker
Raddle
Fuchsia
Willow
Bob
Henry
Hamlet
Rasher

I'm waiting on more amiibo cards to arrive so I can kick some of the other villagers out. *-*
It's a wip, but I'm getting there!

Wow, that's an adorable town map. ;v; I really like it a lot!!

Here's my town map as of today:
tumblr_ou1irsyWyy1u9wrmbo1_540.png

I'm still trying to reset my amiibo villagers into certain places, but some of them are being very stubborn.:mad: I recently reset my town because I hated my old map, and I'm so glad I did because I adore this one.

The weird thing is that I was ready to reset the game over and over so that I could choose the perfect town map, but this one came up as the very first map Rover showed me. The second I saw it I had a really good feeling about it.
Even better, the town had apples. I was so happy ;_;

My current villagers are:
Marshal
Daisy
Zucker
Raddle
Fuchsia
Willow
Bob
Henry
Hamlet
Rasher

I'm waiting on more amiibo cards to arrive so I can kick some of the other villagers out. *-*
It's a wip, but I'm getting there!

Wow! That's beautiful! I wonder how did you get the villagers to
Live in a row near the river.
Very nice.

Wow! That's beautiful! I wonder how did you get the villagers to
Live in a row near the river.
Very nice.
Hey thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words!
And well first I put down my patterns, and then in any space I /didn't/ want my villagers to move in I covered random spots with patterns to make sure there weren't any 3x3 spaces for them to move in. I left multiple 3x3 spaces empty where I wanted them to move.
I still have some houses that I need to move around but I'm getting there! :D

Wow, that's an adorable town map. ;v; I really like it a lot!!

If you mean mine then thank you very much!!

I seriously prefer my previous towns layout compared to the one I have now.

I played ACNL in 2014 ish and the layout from my older game just gave much more open space to work with compared to the one I have now. Plus, the beach is on the left side now and for some reason it seems so foreign to me XD Wish I had my right side beach again!

This is the town map for my town of Fabulae:
map_waifu2x_art_noise2_scale_tta_1.jpg

My town is hacked, but the town map is still the same as it was the day I created this town. The only thing I did change with hacks is the stone pavement under the caf?, but this used to be an empty acre so that's just a small tweak.

IMG_6404.jpg

Just reset my second town and so happy that the river makes a perfect "S" because my new town is called "Seafoam" the villagers are really cool and the fruit is peaches! Also the houses came aligned already so I'm pretty satisfied even though it isn't completely perfect!

Kvv0QZQ.png

And so.. Salem is born!
I really can't stop restarting. But I am SUPER happy with this map.<3
I do wish I could have maxed out with 6 ponds, but I'll take 5. Especially since I have a south facing waterfall + my town fruit is oranges!
Lots of ponds, south waterfall, & oranges were my top 3 wants.
I do wish my beach with the dock was one of the very tiny ones. :c
I'm not crazy about my starting villagers, but that's okay. <3 That's something that can easily be changed.
So where do you guys think a good spot for the cafe & police station would be? c:

map.jpg

this is my town map!!
town name: old sage

villagers:
-apollo
-moose
-curt
-canberra
-knox
-ren?e
-bob
-ava
-toby

my town fruit is orange!!!

I finally reset and sold my old town, and after a little over a month of looking at maps over and over I found a town I really liked!

99RJ4Z8.jpg

Mayor Name: Vaerosi
Town Name: Gaia
Town Fruit: Orange
Grass Shape: Square
Starting Villagers: Caroline, Friga, Avery, Cranston, Apple (Mira and Julian have since moved in)
Train Station Color: Brown/Yellow
Town Hall Color: Green/White

Reasons I went with this map: It had a southern facing waterfall, and the tree was pretty central to the town. It only had one pond, and Re-tail is close to the beach! Plus I have a private peninsula of land near the beach and waterfall for my house, so I can hear the water all the time.

Things I wish were better: I wish the river was a straight L instead of having that extra bend in it, and was a smidge more north so the tree could be perfectly centered in the town. Minor things, I wish the grass was different so I could have had the star pattern snow, and I wish the train station was also green instead of brown.

So, what do you guys think?!

PzW5NpE.jpg

Mayor Name: Brina
Town Name: Magnolia
Town Fruit: Apple
Grass Shape: Triangle
Starting Villagers: Lolly, Tabby, Bill, Joey, and Hopper.
Train Station Color: I believe the original color was Red I however updated it to the Fairytale one.
Town Hall Color: My starting one was the Navy Blue/Dark Brown but it also since has been updated to Fairytale.

Reasons I went with this map: I never map reset, this was just the most appealing option out of the first 4 Rover ever gave me. I think I got lucky?

Things I wish were better: I wish I could move my rocks. 5/8 block my path and it's so ugly. Also I put Resetti and the police station in awful places.​

A4Seq5i.jpg
Mayor Name:Mavelyn
Town Name:Forestia
Town Fruit:Cherry
Grass Shape:Circles
Starting villagers:Ava, Wolfgang, Rosie, Teddy and Ozzie
Train Station color: It's green.
Town hall color: It's in the navy blue color and I love it.

Reasons why I went with this map: I wanted a map that was nicely parted with a nice river, the plaza and placements of the town hall and retail was really important to me, so I had to do about 2 nights of map resets to get this one. But I think it was worth it in the end.

Things I wish were better: I wish Rosies house wasn't blocking the bridge, it's really messing with my landscaping ideas and it's annoying because she's a really cute villager I hope to have for a while in my town. I also don't like that I have so few of the ponds. I wished I had a few more, but this was the best option. I also would want move the pond infront of the campground to better suit my landscaping in the future. I don't like that my trainstation has such a ugly color I wanted it to be the same as the town hall.

Last edited:
I love my map! I cycled through about 40 maps with different layouts, fruits, and villages before finding this perfect (IMO) map!
WVW69klYl7Q3jYLq1b.jpg

Town: SunShade
Mayor: Rae
Fruit: Cherries (2nd favorite)
Grass: Circle (Was nessesary)
Train Station: Green
Town Hall: Yellow
Villagers: Tutu, Static, Chevre, Tiffany, Punchy

I LOVE IT!

Back