• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Expand your Music tastes

^ That was good.

Brits will obviously know this guy as he's huge here now following the Brit Awards. However, people from America or other parts of the world may not have heard of him. Simply majestic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ccDb6n5Wg
If you enjoy this, the rest of the album will not disappoint- Ben Howard- Kingdom.

Speaking of majestic, here it is. A blend of house, chillstep (and probably more) Tourist-Your Girl is on the rising Youtube channel majesticcasual. If you haven't heard of it and are looking to broaden your music horizons, give it a visit. You won't regret it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laasoy84YLY

Speaking of Ben Howard, can we take a moment to stare in awe at his insane guitar skills:

Manic Street Preachers. Any album but maybe start with everything must go

I listen to every style of music, and enjoy checking out new groups and artists I've not heard before, however I do avoid listening to any artist or band that are a--holes in real life. I figure if the artist is going to be that way, I don't need to support them.

My latest purchase is "Blood" by "In This Moment"
http://inthismomentofficial.com/wordpress/

Ok my favorite style of music leans toward industrial and metal-core. I'm also a big fan of 80s rock and show tunes, so go figure. LOL

If you could post your videos under a spoiler, everything would would be better and my Internet wouldn't lag.

As of the post... I love rock music. I have lots of favorite musicians. But there are some of them I won't be able to meet.

I really enjoy listening to Lilygreen and Maguire, I recommend Given Up Giving Up and She's So Hard To Please. I also listen to Scouting For Girls, and love their new song, Millionaire. I'm completely obsessed with The Script as well :) Oh, and a feel-good song is Brooke Fraser - Something In The Water. Listening to all those songs has been fun!

I've really been digging the new Vampire Weekend album "Modern Vampires of the City", Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories", Atlas Genius' "When it was now".

Also if you're a rap/hip-hop fan I highly suggest Kendrick Lamar's "Good Kid Mad City" album. It's easily my favorite rap album of 2012. Oh and I also suggest Macklemore's "The Heist" which is another favorite of mine in 2012.

I really like bands like The Killers and Gaslight Anthem, but I hava a pretty wide-spread taste in music already. I really don't like Rap or Metal.

The Album I suggest is The Killers- Hot Fuss.

Lately, I've been on a huge Mountain Goats kick. They're probably the first band I recommend to someone. The singer/song writer John Darnielle is a lyrical genius. They put out an album last year called Transcendental Youth, and it's just incredible. I got lucky enough to get my copy signed by John, and the bassist Peter Hughes a few weeks ago at one of their shows. If you haven't heard of them you should definitely give them a listen.

Not sure how many people here have heard of Benjamin Briggs, hopefully a lot of you have with the new Animal crossing release just come out his gained some more popularity but not as much as I wish he'd have.

He's an extremely talented producer and his Animal crossing remixes not to be looked past.

Animal Crossing Remix - 7AM, Breakfast with K.K.

Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories"

I'm a HUGE Daft Punk fan! I'm actually a moderator on a fan-made forum called thedaftclub.com; great little community :)

I'd also recommend their album 'Discovery' which got me into music in the first place. If you haven't heard of Daft Punk then I guarantee you'll have at least heard one or two tracks on this album.

My favourite album of all time would have to be the Gorillaz album 'Demon Days'. It's an album that just about everyone can appreciate because it links so many different genres together. I never tire of listening to it myself.

Twenty One Pilots are pretty good, kinda electronic rock-y... The lead singer's voice is a little annoying however, but they're good rappers! And I also really like Cher Lloyd's style of music, but once again her voice is a wee bit annoying.

Remember billy & mandy? well, the guy who made the "brains" song and the intro for the hand of horror thingy is the same person: Aurelio Voltaire. He actually has some good songs aside from those. (not sure if this was already posted so... yeah)

Also: jukebox the ghost
i love that band <3

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread.

I'll be browsing through all these songs/albums.

Got another one: Kappa Odori from Omnyouza. I love the way they interact with the audience when they play this song live (just watch the video)

AlbumArt-Disco.png

Amidoinitrite?
JK

Here are a few thins i enjoy listening to:
Cobra Starship-Church of Hot addiction (Punk)

DiRTY RADiO - Ground Shake (Hip-Hop)

Josh Turner - Why Don't We Just Dance (Country)

Initial D Mega Mix (Eurobeats)

Nightmare -Hate (J-Rock)

Lindsey Sterling - Crystallize (Hip-Hop Violinist)

Tried to give some variety and you can branch from there

Last edited:
Back