• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anime!

i never really gave any long running animes a shot (hunter x hunter, FMA, gintama, etc etc) and there's only a few that i've finished, so are there any mainstream animes that actually have a long plot? its just to take a break from just watching 12-30 episode animes

i've already seen naruto, inuyasha, urusei yatsura and ranma

I'm on episode 123 of Hunter x Hunter and I'm pretty close to rapping up the Chimera Ant Arc *u* Things are getting intense man

i never really gave any long running animes a shot (hunter x hunter, FMA, gintama, etc etc) and there's only a few that i've finished, so are there any mainstream animes that actually have a long plot? its just to take a break from just watching 12-30 episode animes

i've already seen naruto, inuyasha, urusei yatsura and ranma

ONE PIECE. It has a very deep plot! It may does not seem like it at the beginning. Everything what seemed like it doesn't really play a big role will become important later. The mangaka, Eiichiro Oda, is considered genius at storytelling and it is true! You will find tons of theories about One Piece in the Internet, there are so many mysteries which still need to be solved! It maybe doesn't 100% focus on plot and story progress but I think that is good, if an anime is 100% tense all the time it's exhausting. Sometimes it's just funny and very lovely or extremely sad or even violent. The anime even emphasizes problems in the real world, such as racism and slavery, just in a different way (instead of colored people, fishmen). It's worth it and it's the best selling manga for a reason! :)

I'm actually going through all of the episodes in order, but I also started watching it around the same time. Thought it was alright at first...it was fun, but I didn't quite understand all the hype behind it. But once the first "serious" arc hit, I started really enjoying it. Too bad it took ~50 something episodes.

Yeah, it's taking a bit to really hit it's stride. Adding to that the large number of episodes, I pretty much put off the idea of watching it in order.

That and I just prefer watching shows as it airs.

I'm currently watching Fairy Tail and One piece.
After that I'm thinking of starting full metal alchemist.

I finally finish watching Naruto that was a really long anime started watching Naruto since 2007. I am currently watching Assassination Classroom and Dragon Ball Super as well as Gundam Build Fighters.

I finally finish watching Naruto that was a really long anime started watching Naruto since 2007. I am currently watching Assassination Classroom and Dragon Ball Super as well as Gundam Build Fighters.

Assass Class is a good anime. It was definitely one of those animes where I had no idea what to expect lol.

Yeah, it's taking a bit to really hit it's stride. Adding to that the large number of episodes, I pretty much put off the idea of watching it in order.

That and I just prefer watching shows as it airs.

I actually love binge watching shows. My emotions/excitement tend to mellow out during the weekly wait.

Finished watching the Yoshiwara arc for Gintama and I need to rave/rant??
Started off on such a great note. I loved the first couple episodes, and it seemed like it was going to earn itself the top spot on my favorite Gintama arcs list. Unfortunately, I wasn't as into it as the arc went on, especially when Gintoki started his fight with Hosen. First off, Gintoki has always been really powerful, but I thought they'd been doing a good job with not turning him into an op character. Seems that streak was ruined during this arc, at least for me. Secondly, I had heard a lot of awesome things about Tsukuyo's character prior to these episodes, and actually thought she was really cool when she finally appeared. Wasn't such a fan of her as the arc went on though. She kinda felt like...one of those people you've just meet but are already acting overly familiar with your crew. Yeah. I'm also not seeing how people ship her with Gin so much. For the most part, I do NOT want romance in Gintama, not to mention I simply think they'd be a boring pair.

Lastly, Kagura. KAGURA!! It's such a shame that they're making her Yato blood and human side so distinct/black and white. Her strength is honestly so...slept on. I REALLY wanted to see her in that final fight against Hosen; I mean come on, Yato vs. Yato?? I'm really hoping they'll blur those two sides to her more as the series progresses. Like, she doesn't have to hold back all of her strength just because she doesn't want to hurt others. That's obviously not the only way to go about it if we take Umibozu as an example. Some control for her character would be fantastic. Oh and there were lots of cheesy moments/lines during those last couple episodes that didn't sit well with me in comparison to some of the previous arcs.
But I'm really excited for/hope they'll explore Kaumi's story soon~

tl;dr basically.

Last edited:
when you only have 10 episodes of Hunter x Hunter left

2vCMDmZ.jpg

im watching date alive rn. its great but the cliche/weird dialogue just cuts off the enjoyment..im only on the first episode but im already seeing the cliche anime things that i try to avoid like the fourteen year old sister who acts like shes five, parents are overseas so the students take care of themselves (im assuming), and other things..im guessing it improves later on though, cant really judge it considering i literally just started

I actually love binge watching shows. My emotions/excitement tend to mellow out during the weekly wait.

It usually takes a bit for me to get into a show before I start binging. I finished off most of Hyouka in about a week even though it took me a month or so to get past the first couple of episodes.

On another note, Sugita Tomokazu is so damn good.

Last edited:
It usually takes a bit for me to get into a show before I start binging. I finished off most of Hyouka in about a week even though it took me a month or so to get past the first couple of episodes.

On another note, Sugita Tomokazu is so damn good.

fml i tried watching hyouka, and ive seen the first ep and then when i tried to watch the second ep like a couple weeks later i forgot what happened in the first.

so ive seen the first episode like 3 times and i cant get into it fml.
i used to love binge watching shows, but now it takes me forever to actually get into it. so i prefer waiting for eps weekly.

I finally got up to date in shokugeki though and i am so excited for the next ep!

lol same thing happened to me, i was on like episode 4 and i was struggling to remember what happened earlier.

it was a little difficult to get into, but i liked it.

Currently watching Ore Monogatari, it's very funny and cute, but my favorite title at the moment would be Steins Gate / DBZ (nostalgia). Honorable mention to Shingeki no Kyojin which hyped me very much

One of friends studies Japanese at uni, so to 'study' over summer we've been watching Azumanga Daioh. It was my fave anime back in the day (my 'anime phase' was when I was 15/16, nearly 10 years ago), and I still completely love it.

I watched probably 5 or 6 episodes of Hyouka, but I didn't like it enough to continue. I remember someone complaining about why they didn't like it on this thread, and I pretty much agree with all their points. School life anime can be kinda tricky.

I've been obsessed with Ore Monogatari!! lately :0 Really looking forward to their live action tbh

Just finished watching Toriko XD I can't wait for the next arc!

I literally thought they would have found GOD at the end of the anime. Only to find out that there will be another arc where they travel the Gourmet World hahaha. I also literally thought Joie died because of Toriko, only to see that she's still alive and kicking. I'm really curious to know who she really is. Also hoping for Komatsu to learn how to fight. Even Yun became useful in the end XD

im watching date alive rn. its great but the cliche/weird dialogue just cuts off the enjoyment..im only on the first episode but im already seeing the cliche anime things that i try to avoid like the fourteen year old sister who acts like shes five, parents are overseas so the students take care of themselves (im assuming), and other things..im guessing it improves later on though, cant really judge it considering i literally just started

When I started it I was. Here we go again, Aliens (14-year old girls with pitch high voice in tight suits with fairy characteristics) invading the world full of humans (also 14-year old girls with '...') so yea. But okay, I just gave it a try. Because come on, it was so gratefully rated on MAL. I watched and watch. And there was actually character grow! The writer of this was showing off how peverted he was, that was the character grow. I couldn't find it enjoyable and I watched it all including Date a Live II. Anyways, do what you want but I just wanted to warn you.

Back